• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
Instead of a valuable resource, it's become an extension of peoples twatter/Facebook accounts.
Facebook-Like-Icon1.jpg

(Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk)

molayo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gdot
I agree with you about the sleeve length of the jacket. Take them up just a bit (1cm max). I also think the suggestion of reducing the diameter of the sleeve very slightly would be good - as it would be a bit 'slimming' on you. And last - is there a reason why the jacket sleeve cuffs seem to be slightly curved? Is that common in Korea?

Otherwise your fit is quite solid!

BTW - Someone mentioned your 'stiff' pose doesn't make for such interesting pictures - but I actually want to see them when discussing fit because they are totally unforgiving and really show the detail of the fit.

Hi, Gdot. I am not sure whether the curved sleeve cuffs are the suit maker's intention or my tailor's mistake.
eh.gif
I need to check it out, but I don't believe it's common in Korea. In any case, it seems that a little alteration of sleeves would be better.

It's good to hear that you understand why I pose like that. Having said that, I should go to the park with my co-worker, and let him take a picture of more 'eye-catching' poses next time.
laugh.gif

Achillus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A.J.V
Today:

IMG_1332.JPG

On the move...
IMG_1337.JPG

And some deets...
IMG_1341.JPG

IMG_1348.JPG
A.J.V could you tell me which brands your glasses are?

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Threadbearer
True dat. And they get a little uglier every year. [/spoiler]Terrific casual looks, ace. I'm always impressed by how snugly your clothes fit you without looking like they're a size too small. Where can I get that belt you're wearing with the yellow polo shirt?
Thanks. I think it has more to do with my physique than anything else. I am a very typical skinny-fit guy with no extra-narrow or extra-wide body parts. Quite easy to fit with a little of tweaking, actually. I wear these canvas belts, highly recommended.
Originally Posted by Holdfast
Hot and muggy Monday:
wfNGK.jpg
I would like it a lot more without such a formal shirt.
Originally Posted by A.J.V
Today:
IMG_1332.JPG
On the move...
IMG_1337.JPG
And some deets...
IMG_1341.JPG
IMG_1348.JPG
Great suit, great fit. Good s**t!

Jamesgatz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"Whether I've 'earned' the right to sometimes make fun/jokey posts sometimes... perhaps you're right, I haven't. I will try to go back to sensible outfits. I like having a bit of fun here, and it's interesting when the others post things like their wives, kids, food they are eating, their cars, internet meme pics, etc. If the pic is fun and interesting, I frankly don't look at their post count and say NOT ACCEPTABLE! As for the rest of what you wrote, I generally agree. I hope I've shown that I AM here to learn, and am trying to improve. I do not discount criticism except when it's vague and useless: 'Ewww!'"

Your problem is that you're gay. If you would have posted a swim-trunk pic of yourself next to your girlfriend, you would have been congratulated for a great accessory.

Not looking for a iFight with anyone - just calling spade a spade.

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jamesgatz
"Whether I've 'earned' the right to sometimes make fun/jokey posts sometimes... perhaps you're right, I haven't. I will try to go back to sensible outfits. I like having a bit of fun here, and it's interesting when the others post things like their wives, kids, food they are eating, their cars, internet meme pics, etc. If the pic is fun and interesting, I frankly don't look at their post count and say NOT ACCEPTABLE! As for the rest of what you wrote, I generally agree. I hope I've shown that I AM here to learn, and am trying to improve. I do not discount criticism except when it's vague and useless: 'Ewww!'"

Your problem is that you're gay. If you would have posted a swim-trunk pic of yourself next to your girlfriend, you would have been congratulated for a great accessory.

Not at all. I don't think there's any sentiment towards openly gay people on this forum. It's just that all of his fits before were very loud and not nearly perfect enough to work. Like every other online (or offline) communinty you need to earn the right to be respected by becoming a part of the commmunity. If you haven't yet passed the threshold and are already mocking the members, it won't fly.

Jamesgatz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acecow
Not at all. I don't think there's any sentiment towards openly gay people on this forum. It's just that all of his fits before were very loud and not nearly perfect enough to work. Like every other online (or offline) communinty you need to earn the right to be respected by becoming a part of the commmunity. If you haven't yet passed the threshold and are already mocking the members, it won't fly.

Perhaps you're right. Yet I feel some of the criticism e.g. Crusty has received has been particularly vehement. I could be just imagining, of course.

robasaurus

Reaction score
Everyone else's problem is that you're gay. If you would have posted a swim-trunk pic of yourself next to your girlfriend, you would have been congratulated for a great accessory.

Fixed that for you.

With regards to the comments about him earning the right to make a joke here: I interpreted his underwear post as light-hearted and not in any way a shot at this forum, thread, or the veterans of this thread. Can a guy have a sense of humour? It's one post from a guy who contributes regularly enough and has a good attitude about it - don't like it, scroll past it.

And Kevinsp8: I rather like your sense of style. While there are some small aspects of fit and colour coordination that I think could stand a little work, I rather admire your boldness in constructing a sense of style that is unique, and seems to suit you quite well. Keep it up!

matsui

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kevinsp8
The hat, dress socks, boat shoes (sorry these are not sneakers), sock garters, nappy pin, and automatic watch are elements of classic men's dress accessories, and my screen says "Discuss classic and tailored men's clothing and accessories." So technically I believe I'm within the scope of the forum, possibly more so than the many who've posted jeans etc. here. ............................. Whether I've 'earned' the right to sometimes make fun/jokey posts sometimes... perhaps you're right, I haven't. I will try to go back to sensible outfits.
These two statements seem to contradict each other. Was it a legitimate attempt to start a serious discussion of classic men's clothing, or was it a joke? Besides, even if it's "technically within the scope of the forum", it's not within the SPIRIT of it, or at least not this thread, which is the point. Also, do you really believe the hierarchy of classic men's style is wool trousers>chinos>nothing but boxer shorts>jeans? I'm hoping that was a bit of exaggeration.

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Perhaps you're right. Yet I feel some of the criticism e.g. Crusty has received has been particularly vehement. I could be just imagining, of course.
I'm not going to start this by saying "I don't have anything against gays, I own a color TV" etc. It's beyond the point. If you pay attention, most respect Crusty and seldom do you see any hostile remarks towards him. His fits, however, are not received well because they don't fit into SF's idea of fit. Compare vox, nii, spoo, foo, pg and others to crusty. All of their clothes have much more shape and structure and less flare and shiny colors. Crusty has his own thing going and people respect him for it. I, personally, don't feel the need to criticize his outfits as he looks comfortable in them. At the same time, I don't have any desire to compliment them either, because they clash with my idea of men's style.

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tiberinus
Lovely shoes! Deets, pls
smile.gif

Crockett & Jones Merton.

Jamesgatz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"I'm not going to start this by saying "I don't have anything against gays, I own a color TV" etc. It's beyond the point. If you pay attention, most respect Crusty and seldom do you see any hostile remarks towards him. His fits, however, are not received well because they don't fit into SF's idea of fit. Compare vox, nii, spoo, foo, pg and others to crusty. All of their clothes have much more shape and structure and less flare and shiny colors. Crusty has his own thing going and people respect him for it. I, personally, don't feel the need to criticize his outfits as he looks comfortable in them. At the same time, I don't have any desire to compliment them either, because they clash with my idea of men's style."

In order to avoid hostilities, I spoke in too general terms. My comment was really addressed to certain individuals and I didn't mean to imply that you or Ed have an anti-gay bias or anything. Bad post, really.

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just a closeup today:

koFwdl.jpg

Jamesgatz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
koFwdl.jpg
[/quote]

Never seen a shirt like that. Tie could be Kiton, I almost bought a similar one myself. Would have chosen a solid blue shirt with the tie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads