• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oxbloods actually look great in the pics above, not sure I could pull that off myself though. Namor, did you get yours tapered? Looks pretty slim down by the calves.

P.S. anyone have a pair of officer chinos / selvedge chinos available? Need a true 34ish waist!

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why were some dark blue Low Straights retailing for $325 and now they have some on context for $230? Were the other LS one wash while the ones on revolve are raw now? How long ago did RRL start using
lowstraight3%20copy.JPG
as their back pocket design?

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Timbaland
Why were some dark blue Low Straights retailing for $325 and now they have some on context for $230? Were the other LS one wash while the ones on revolve are raw now?

How long ago did RRL start using

http://www.contextclothing.com/rrl/l...ht3%20copy.JPG

as their back pocket design?

The Low Straights have always been ~$230 through RRL. You might have been looking at a washed variety.

That design has been around for three years or so. I went back to my photos from the showroom in '09 and they already had the current design. The lower loop used to be longer.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
oh i forgot to post but i tried to go to RL @ gtown to see the RRL selection and of course the store closed at 7PM
frown.gif

so i called this morning and asked what they had to see if it was worth me going. they said they had a "decent" selection, whatever that means. no typical denim are on sale but a few of the unique distressed pants/chinos are available.

as for sizing, all i know is that smallest pants/denim available is 30 and smallest shirting is small. so nothing for me and i dont have to a waste a trip going out there. those who are bigger may wanna try it out or at least call

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES
how vanity sized are the raw slim selvage?
You are talking about the slim rigids? 2 sizes, imo. I usually take a 35 but purchased a 33

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yes dry -- raw denim.. it appears that this chap is getting a measurement of 33 for a sized 29 jean.Does that mean its an older generation RRL?

Btw How's the streching?

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES
yes dry -- raw denim.. it appears that this chap is getting a measurement of 33 for a sized 29 jean.Does that mean its an older generation RRL?

Btw How's the streching?

I haven't seen an older gen pair of RRL in years. No, the slims are known to be larger in the waist than tagged. I'm not sure if it's as off as 4", but ~2" is pretty common. The measurement you should be paying attention to is the thigh. RRL stretches out like anything else.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by otc
Went in to the store and tried a pair of 32x34 low straights in raw--I think they would definitely beat the straight fits I have been wearing for a few years (which are a bit too big)

Unfortunately they aren't covered by the private sale and I am less willing to pay the full $220 plus eat 10% sales tax (damn you chicago!)

anybody have a pair for sale? eh eh?

I thought both B&S and ebay got plenty 32x34.

james_timothy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Re: red pants.

b1-jfk_78x67.jpg

JFK had it right- faded red is good. He wore it with a navy polo, but it looks great.

Golf magazine has a video up.

deez nuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
might head to the outlets this weekend in NY... has anyone seen the RRL inventory @ woodbury commons recently? does tanger outlets carry RRL?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics