The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

1. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

That's weird.. When I was there a few months ago they had a pretty big RRL section. Anything unique?
    nothing really. it was limited. what is the new "beach/lighthouse" collection called?

2. thatguymj

thatguymj Senior member

The RL store on fillmore has that whole room dedicated to RRL. They have a bunch of t's and button up, maybe 8 drawers of pants, a bunch of cool bags, etc.

I think the selection is decent given the size of the store. Only other decent place to get RRL in SF is Barneys and they have a much smaller selection.

3. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

The RL store on fillmore has that whole room dedicated to RRL. They have a bunch of t's and button up, maybe 8 drawers of pants, a bunch of cool bags, etc. I think the selection is decent given the size of the store. Only other decent place to get RRL in SF is Barneys and they have a much smaller selection.
    this is a good point. RRL makes up about 50% of the mens department

4. Rayson

Rayson Well-Known Member

Is there any organized listing for themed collections?

Like 2010SS : Shipyard, American Graffiti, Etc.

I've pieced this together. Think the order within each is right:
    spring/summer 2010: Ship Yard, American Graffiti, Taos, Charleston, Key West
    autumn/winter 2010: Outlaw, Lighthouse, Alaska, Orchard St, Holiday Lodge
    spring/summer 2011: Grand Canyon, Bonnie And Clyde, Heartland, Wind Ship, Kon Tiki

5. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Heartland Check buttondown. Color looks like an ocean blue which looks most accurate in 2nd pic. Fabric has a nice drape to it. I loved it soo much that I changed into it in the fitting room right after the purchase [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. ispace

ispace Senior member

Heartland Check buttondown. Color looks like an ocean blue which looks most accurate in 2nd pic. Fabric has a nice drape to it. I loved it soo much that I changed into it in the fitting room right after the purchase [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I don't want to be struck down by lightning for saying this (I'm a fan of RRL too) & I do like that shirt, but it does resemble J.Crew in both fabric (safe blue gingham) and details (tab collar).

B.

7. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

I'm not sure how that could be taken as negatively. RRL isn't inventing anything groundbreaking with this shirt and both stores are taking cues from past products.

8. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

anyone watch Community? Abed is wearing a RRL button up around the 8:40 mark.

That shirt is flannel right? Sucks all the RRL shirts I like are flannel. Can't wear it in California too much.

I don't watch that show but I saw a guy in Parks and Recreation wearing a different RRL shirt.

9. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

That shirt is flannel right? Sucks all the RRL shirts I like are flannel. Can't wear it in California too much. I don't watch that show but I saw a guy in Parks and Recreation wearing a different RRL shirt.
    I feel you. I can only wear them for 4 months out of the year

10. Rayson

Rayson Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm a sucker for chin straps, and I love that classic blue. That's perfect to me.

11. deez nuts

deez nuts Senior member

That shirt is flannel right? Sucks all the RRL shirts I like are flannel. Can't wear it in California too much.

I don't watch that show but I saw a guy in Parks and Recreation wearing a different RRL shirt.

yup its a heavy shirt. great in the winter and fall but definitely too much for the summer.

12. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

Is there a website which shows the complete (current / past) RRL collections?

13. Rayson

Rayson Well-Known Member

Is there a website which shows the complete (current / past) RRL collections?

No. That'd be one huge website. This serves as one of the better of the few RRL resources:

http://www.rhythm-fuk.com/

I like your signature. One of my favourite phrases of all time, "twisted brainwrong of a one-off man-mental".

14. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

Complete? Not to my knowledge. That would be a serious f'ing website considering how many pieces each collection has and RL's disdain for posting pics online.

15. Jsoftz

Jsoftz Senior member

yup its a heavy shirt. great in the winter and fall but definitely too much for the summer.

I thought I generally agree, today I said eff that. I just got a green western RRL flannel shirt from xchen in the mail on Saturday and am wearing it today. FYI Austin today has a high of 103..

I'm a desk jockey though so it's all good really. If I had to be outside for an appreciable amount of time I wouldn't make such an unseasonable choice and am generally against wearing out of season clothes/fabrics.