The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

1. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

How about with broken in boat shoes and a chambray work shirt?

2. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

I have a quick question. Not sure if it's been covered already - if it has then I'm sorry...

I've been eyeballing some RRL Key West shorts for a while. I normally wear a 36" waist. The 36" shorts I'm interested in apparently are 'over-sized' and measure 39.5" in the waist. Basically, I don't quite understand the sizing. I know there are adjustable "cinch" thingy's on each side so maybe they would fit a 36 - 39.5?

Any help in understanding the sizing of these would be appreciated.

3. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

How about with broken in boat shoes and a chambray work shirt?

mmm, yes that would look great but only if the length was right. Ankle height would be ideal imo. im wearing mine with the 405 indy

4. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

I have a quick question. Not sure if it's been covered already - if it has then I'm sorry...

I've been eyeballing some RRL Key West shorts for a while. I normally wear a 36" waist. The 36" shorts I'm interested in apparently are 'over-sized' and measure 39.5" in the waist. Basically, I don't quite understand the sizing. I know there are adjustable "cinch" thingy's on each side so maybe they would fit a 36 - 39.5?

I am actually looking at the same shorts in the exact same size. I measure a 35.5 in the waist and the 34 waist shorts would be the ideal fit.

5. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

I am actually looking at the same shorts in the exact same size. I measure a 35.5 in the waist and the 34 waist shorts would be the ideal fit.

Yeah it's annoying right? I was wondering if maybe I should just buy the 36" waist (which are plentiful it seems). If they fit then great, it not then take them to a tailor?

6. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

Well look at the rise and compare it to some pants you have. Measure some pants that fit you well in the waist with the same rise. Then measure the waist on those pants. RRL can be vanity sized a bit. My slim bootcut jeans in 32 measure 34 now. Measured 33 brand new and have stretched out an inch with wear.

7. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Yeah it's annoying right? I was wondering if maybe I should just buy the 36" waist (which are plentiful it seems). If they fit then great, it not then take them to a tailor?

they will more than likely be too big. If you get them for a good price and if you feel like you have to have them then go for it. Usually if the pants/shorts are too big ill pass on them and just wait for the next opportunity. Tailoring the shorts will probably set you back $20.

8. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

^ Thanks for the advice Timbaland. I agree that would be the logical thing to do. I was really wondering though about the side cinches and whether they were the reason for the 36" / 39.5" measurements (3" or so is quite a bit of vanity). It seems that by the RRL measurements on these particular shorts I'd need to go for a 34" waist which I can't seem to find anywhere. The 36" on the other hand is readily available... confusing stuff...

9. otc

otc Senior member

Went in to the store and tried a pair of 32x34 low straights in raw--I think they would definitely beat the straight fits I have been wearing for a few years (which are a bit too big)

Unfortunately they aren't covered by the private sale and I am less willing to pay the full $220 plus eat 10% sales tax (damn you chicago!)

anybody have a pair for sale? eh eh?

10. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

[​IMG] I kept asking the lady that took the photo to include the boots. She teased me about it hence the smile

11. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

nice to see more peeps with oxbloods. i need to take more pics of mine [​IMG]

12. drechie

drechie Senior member

do they come in a non-slim version?

13. deez nuts

deez nuts Senior member

its going up to 95 degrees today, time to break out the RRL cargo shorts!

14. mr.orange

mr.orange Senior member

[​IMG]

I kept asking the lady that took the photo to include the boots. She teased me about it hence the smile

straight chilling.

How does the UNIS Gio pant compare to the RRL Officer Chino? Anyone?

15. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

Gios are a slimmer tts fit. This is comparing RRL size +2" for Gios.
    Gios fabric is a lot lighter weight. Construction seems slightly better. Buttons are better too.
    I still prefer RRL selvedge officer chinos.
    I would buy either at full price.