• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

caseyfud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
tumblr_lmfkvqZc1g1qkp4h6o1_500.jpg

Not what I was hoping to find, but at Goodwill yesterday I found two shirts tagged with 22" neck sizes. I compared the neck opening with some nearby shirts and it looks like they really are that big.

Nell

Reaction score
is anyone familiar with the brand Bartex? found an interesting silk, tartan tie in a SA here in switzerland. made in france. thanks.

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by caseyfud
tumblr_lmfkvqZc1g1qkp4h6o1_500.jpg
Not what I was hoping to find, but at Goodwill yesterday I found two shirts tagged with 22" neck sizes. I compared the neck opening with some nearby shirts and it looks like they really are that big.

its the latest design, its called the family shirt. only 1 needed per family

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Digmenow
Ralph Lauren blue label,

I agree that the shirts are usually crap (unless custom fit), but PRL suits and SC's have been great for me (made in Italy)

I'm sure you know this, but wanted to help our new friend
thumbs-up.gif

Oxford

Reaction score
Originally Posted by noobizor
Just decided to order a can of Barbour's DIY wax and wax my own damn blazer. Will reduce the size of my "needs money" pile.
laugh.gif

JoAnn Fabrics and similar stores sell kits with a few extra tools that make really smooth DIY alterations. Definitely made for men haha and usually only cost $12-20 but will last awhile.

Nick623

Reaction score
Found a Burberry suit jacket. They didn't have the matching pants though. Suit is too big for me too, hopefully it can be tailored to my size.

Patrologia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nick623
Found a Burberry suit jacket. They didn't have the matching pants though. Suit is too big for me too, hopefully it can be tailored to my size.

I wouldn't recommend it - if the jacket is truly too big (not just needing a little taking in at the waist) you're talking about a pretty expensive job. Most SC would not be worth the investment, an orphan suit coat almost certainly not. Keep watching, eventually something that fits will pop up.

Navi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by 951socal
puzzled.gif

haha, sounds like its worth giving a shot, one of those makes sense as you try it, curse at it, come back re read what you wrote and then understand it type things

thank you, i will definitely try this on the weekend after finals

does this help?
lol8[1].gif

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I came across a handsome, clean, straight, unwrinkled and lightly used 46R Hickey Freeman Canterbury SC today. Just too big for me so I left it (hidden but easy to get to) but perhaps just right for someone who's looking to trade a 41R Brooks Brothers SC! Did I mention that it is fully canvassed? I could swing back by and pick it up if...
IMG_20110607_173220.jpg
IMG_20110607_173235.jpg
IMG_20110607_173501.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads