The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. csoukoulis

csoukoulis Senior member

The fact that you bought it on here for that much and it had been up for awhile still blows me away!

Not only that, but it is near mint!. The sleeves were WAY too short, but thankfully the ends weren't worn, and whoever altered them didn't cut off the excess! I have 1 isaia and 2 belvest cashmeres and this is so much nicer! but i paid less than 10 each for the others so its ok. [​IMG]

2. Oxford

Oxford Member

The fact that you bought it on here for that much and it had been up for awhile still blows me away!

It's stories like this that have me lurking like 20 pages deep into B&S until this time of night.

3. csoukoulis

csoukoulis Senior member

It's stories like this that have me lurking like 20 pages deep into B&S until this time of night.

search function is your friend [​IMG]

4. California Dreamer

California Dreamer Senior member

I tried to get this guy to work but I have to face it. I'm an R and it's an S and the surgeon's cuffs mean I can't fix that. So it is up FSOT. [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. California Dreamer

California Dreamer Senior member

However Fit for King is your best homie.

6. DenimDan

DenimDan Well-Known Member

$5.99 - Vintage black motion Swatch automatic [​IMG] Very happy with this find: $12.99 on a 50% off day [​IMG], Stouby from Copenhagen black leather recliner w/footstool. Beautiful piece, with teak feet and is super comfortable. [​IMG]

7. davesmith

davesmith Affiliate Vendor

Very happy with this find: $12.99 on a 50% off day [​IMG], Stouby from Copenhagen black leather recliner w/footstool. Beautiful piece, with teak feet and is super comfortable.

[​IMG]

oooooh that is very very nice...

8. Ace_Face

Ace_Face Senior member

That's true, but I wish there was a way to search specific sizes. The "Search Forums" feature won't return anything when you put in something like "46R" and the Google search can't be organized from newest to oldest. Any tips?

9. TDP

TDP Senior member

10. Ace_Face

Ace_Face Senior member

Why don't you give fit is king a try?

Wow, I never had any idea that existed. Thanks!

11. Digmenow

Digmenow Senior member

Just a couple of items for me today as I am exercising my new found restraint muscle. I passed on a cool plaid Ben Sherman shirt that, although marked a medium, actually fell off my shoulders and bloused like a Bedouin tent as well as a pair of Banana Republic black flat front chinos that I really wanted but were not slim fit. I am so proud of myself. I DID score a harvest gold/navy stripe Tincati dress shirt that fits like a second skin, Spoo style (good luck buttoning the collar) and a cheapie pair of Chinese made blue label RL Carolina blue linen/silk slacks which I will totally rock at a later date when I lose 10 more pounds.

But today wasn't really about me.

Today, I found SWMBO two pairs of Brooks Brothers Womens' pants, one dress wool and the other, black Irish linen. I think she'll appreciate them when she gets home. Also got her some Talbot's slacks for filler as well as an Irish linen blouse. $38 total. See, when the wife gets some choice items now and then (not to mention the mother-in-law who got a totally fresh pair of capris) she (they) become far more supportive of my addictive behavior.

You may now stand and applaud.

12. dkoernert

dkoernert Active Member

Found another Zegna SC today which is really rare for these parts. $3 at local thrift.

13. davesmith

davesmith Affiliate Vendor

i think i'm quitting the thrift scene for a while, looking at racks of sh!t in every store gets me annoyed and when i do find something decent it is way overpriced (and there is a security guard to stop me running away with it!!)

14. Digmenow

Digmenow Senior member

Found another Zegna SC today which is really rare for these parts. $3 at local thrift.
    Nice. I found a BB Loro Piana 3 roll 2 SC a couple weeks back in my size but I rarely find a nice SC otherwise. After I had a little waist suppression and sleeve adjustment done, I find it to be quite serviceable. [​IMG]

15. dkoernert

dkoernert Active Member

I'm in the same boat, I very rarely come across nice SCs in this area. That BB coat is sweet though!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.