• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Soporific Tie Pr0n

softy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had forgotten about the NODB suede shoe uniform. In that case, the brown tie may be a shade too similar. Dark brown would be nice. I can't believe you are fretting about this, though.

PS, don't forget your soccer ball.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by softy
I had forgotten about the NODB suede shoe uniform. In that case, the brown tie may be a shade too similar. Dark brown would be nice. I can't believe you are fretting about this, though.

PS, don't forget your soccer ball.

smile.gif
I always bring my soccer ball to weddings, softy.

Fretting = worrying? About the shade of the lighter brown, or in general? I'm not worried, I just like to discuss the options and am curious about what other people would choose (and why).

softy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NOBD
smile.gif
I always bring my soccer ball to weddings, softy.

Fretting = worrying? About the shade of the lighter brown, or in general? I'm not worried, I just like to discuss the options and am curious about what other people would choose (and why).

You just seemed uncharacteristically indecisive. I thought you had your game so on-lock that you instakop what you need without batting an eyelash. This, however, is a rare glimpse into the NOBD decision-making process.

softy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Getzione
This is the Macclesfield Silk Tie #85. It looks a bit darker IRL than on the photo.

For anyone keeping track, the #85 pictured on David's website has a flower with a red center instead of yellow.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by softy
You just seemed uncharacteristically indecisive. I thought you had your game so on-lock that you instakop what you need without batting an eyelash. This, however, is a rare glimpse into the NOBD decision-making process.

Ah, hehe. I understand. I'm not really a tie expert (or a tie man, for that matter), so I like to learn about tie fabrics, especially about "seasonality". Besides that, this one is more difficult, because 1. it's for summer (which I find a difficult season, clothing-wise) and 2. I didn't want a blue one this time.

Here's another glimpse, btw.

softy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah, hehe. I understand. I'm not really a tie expert (or a tie man, for that matter), so I like to learn about tie fabrics, especially about "seasonality". Besides that, this one is more difficult, because 1. it's for summer (which I find a difficult season, clothing-wise) and 2. I didn't want a blue one this time.

+1, summer is my worst season on a number of fronts.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JohnnyCrockett
Waking up a bit now.
Mildly soporific.
Left to right:
J.Press
Andover Shop
Robert Talbott (25 years old)
J.Press
Bergdorf Goodman house label (made in Italy, silk-tipped)
Drakes for the Andover Shop
J.Press
Thomas Pink (10 years old)

awesome ties man

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

why not just wear your brown kiton and call it a day?

HarleyBob

Reaction score
Unbeknownst to me, the definition of soporific has changed dramatically the last few days.

Nice ties, but most are not soporific.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm
I could do that of course and I have a few other options too, but the Kiton would feel like wearing a heavy wool scarf in summer. I know it's just a small piece of fabric, but somehow it doesn't feel right with the (7 oz) suit. And this is a nice occassion (excuse) to get a new tie... I'm not suffering here (and hope other people aren't either from reading this), I enjoy thinking about/discussing the options.

softy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm

We are approaching new heights of in-groupness when we know the contents of each other's wardrobes.
laugh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads