Soporific Tie Pr0n

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Manton, Feb 18, 2009.

Tags:
  1. softy

softy Senior member

I had forgotten about the NODB suede shoe uniform. In that case, the brown tie may be a shade too similar. Dark brown would be nice. I can't believe you are fretting about this, though.

PS, don't forget your soccer ball.

2. JohnnyCrockett

JohnnyCrockett Senior member

Deleted as they're not soporific enough....

3. JohnnyCrockett

JohnnyCrockett Senior member

4. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

^ Your whole collection is fucking awesome.

5. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

I had forgotten about the NODB suede shoe uniform. In that case, the brown tie may be a shade too similar. Dark brown would be nice. I can't believe you are fretting about this, though.

PS, don't forget your soccer ball.

[​IMG] I always bring my soccer ball to weddings, softy.

Fretting = worrying? About the shade of the lighter brown, or in general? I'm not worried, I just like to discuss the options and am curious about what other people would choose (and why).

6. softy

softy Senior member

[​IMG] I always bring my soccer ball to weddings, softy.

Fretting = worrying? About the shade of the lighter brown, or in general? I'm not worried, I just like to discuss the options and am curious about what other people would choose (and why).

You just seemed uncharacteristically indecisive. I thought you had your game so on-lock that you instakop what you need without batting an eyelash. This, however, is a rare glimpse into the NOBD decision-making process.

7. softy

softy Senior member

This is the Macclesfield Silk Tie #85. It looks a bit darker IRL than on the photo.

For anyone keeping track, the #85 pictured on David's website has a flower with a red center instead of yellow.

8. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

You just seemed uncharacteristically indecisive. I thought you had your game so on-lock that you instakop what you need without batting an eyelash. This, however, is a rare glimpse into the NOBD decision-making process.

Ah, hehe. I understand. I'm not really a tie expert (or a tie man, for that matter), so I like to learn about tie fabrics, especially about "seasonality". Besides that, this one is more difficult, because 1. it's for summer (which I find a difficult season, clothing-wise) and 2. I didn't want a blue one this time.

Here's another glimpse, btw.

9. softy

softy Senior member

Ah, hehe. I understand. I'm not really a tie expert (or a tie man, for that matter), so I like to learn about tie fabrics, especially about "seasonality". Besides that, this one is more difficult, because 1. it's for summer (which I find a difficult season, clothing-wise) and 2. I didn't want a blue one this time.

+1, summer is my worst season on a number of fronts.

10. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

[​IMG] P1090472 by sinnedk, on Flickr i love ties and the way they look but just never wear them anymore, slowly selling my collection off... some of the ones that havent found homes above, the xmi is a favorite of mine

11. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

Waking up a bit now.
    Mildly soporific.
    Left to right:
    J.Press
    Andover Shop
    Robert Talbott (25 years old)
    J.Press
    Bergdorf Goodman house label (made in Italy, silk-tipped)
    Drakes for the Andover Shop
    J.Press
    Thomas Pink (10 years old)

awesome ties man

12. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

why not just wear your brown kiton and call it a day?

13. HarleyBob

HarleyBob Senior member

Unbeknownst to me, the definition of soporific has changed dramatically the last few days.

Nice ties, but most are not soporific.

14. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

I could do that of course and I have a few other options too, but the Kiton would feel like wearing a heavy wool scarf in summer. I know it's just a small piece of fabric, but somehow it doesn't feel right with the (7 oz) suit. And this is a nice occassion (excuse) to get a new tie... I'm not suffering here (and hope other people aren't either from reading this), I enjoy thinking about/discussing the options.

15. softy

softy Senior member

We are approaching new heights of in-groupness when we know the contents of each other's wardrobes. [​IMG]