Soporific Tie Pr0n

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Manton, Feb 18, 2009.

Tags:
  1. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

^
    I like it when people pay attention.

Anyway, my mind is
    f i n a l l y
    made up, softy:

- Grenadine garza fina Dark Chocolate
    - 4-fold
    - Untipped rolled edge

I'll show the results in a few weeks.

2. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

3. TTO

TTO Senior member

+1, something I was considering, looking forward to the results!
    -TTO

4. Getzione

Getzione Senior member

For anyone keeping track, the #85 pictured on David's website has a flower with a red center instead of yellow.

On my screen it is orange. Like it is IRL.

5. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

^ Thats an excellent choice.

+1, something I was considering, looking forward to the results!
    -TTO

Thanks guys. I'll take pictures when it's in.

6. softy

softy Senior member

- Grenadine garza fina Dark Chocolate
    - 4-fold
    - Untipped rolled edge

I'll show the results in a few weeks.

Well done. PLS bring soccer ball to wedding reception. And tripod and remote cable release.

On my screen it is orange. Like it is IRL.

Damn, time to put a bat through my monitor. This explains why all of the stuff I buy online ends up looking outrageously different in real life. [​IMG]

Actually, I use a tool that calibrates the color temperature based on the time of day and latitudinal and longitudinal coordinates, adjusting the screen to become more "warm" as dusk and night approaches, then brightening with morning light and, by noontime, reaching its brightest. It's very easy on the eyes, and I could never go back to staring at a normal monitor.

The downside is that it is throwing colors way out of whack and, since most of my impulse e-shopping is done at night, I end up with really wacky clothing that looked so fetching onscreen.

The Hober tie looked like it had yellow flowers to me in your picture! Orange I'm not so hot on. [​IMG]

7. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

Well done. PLS bring soccer ball to wedding reception. And tripod and remote cable release.

[​IMG]

8. IndianBoyz

IndianBoyz Senior member

What is a 'soporific tie' anyway? One with a simple, sober design?
    Some people will look boring and sleep-inducing, regardless.

9. Navi

Navi Senior member

NOBD, I think the light brown linen tie that Kaplan posted would be great with your cotton suit. Or something else in that tan shade.

Also grenadines seems like wintery ties to me (just my preference).

+1 that light brown was the shiznit [​IMG]

10. srivats

srivats Senior member

Some Marinella from Stephen's B&S sale thread:
    Wrapping the shop up for now. Long story but basically it's too much work to run it alongside a full time job. Something had to go and unfortunately it was the online store! Also I can only really get to post these out once a week on a Tuesday. Letting all my stock go over the coming weeks and not really planning to buy / sell anything more [​IMG] I'm going to be doing the ties in batches of 10. They are £40 shipped worldwide. They are slight seconds but the imperfections are barely noticeable. Tags are cut. This is the damage chart: [​IMG] E. Marinella Light Blue Tie (Tie M25) Damage description: Small diagonal crease Damage area: 2 Severity: 2 - Visible only in certain lights [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] E. Marinella Navy Blue Tie (Tie M19) Damage description: Tiny hole by label Damage area: 10 Severity: 1 - Barely Visible [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] E. Marinella Navy Blue Tie (Tie M45) Damage description: Print error light line Damage area: 1 Severity: 1 - Barely Visible [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] E. Marinella Navy Blue Tie (Tie M43) Damage description: Vertical crease Damage area: 1 Severity: 2 - Visible only in certain lights [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] E. Marinella Dark Blue Tie (Tie M40) Damage description: None visible Damage area: 0 Severity: 0 - Not Applicable [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] E. Marinella Navy Blue Tie (Tie M48) Damage description: Tiny diagonal pull Damage area: 2 Severity: 2 - Visible only in certain lights [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] E. Marinella Navy Blue Tie (Tie M35) Damage description: None visible Damage area: 0 Severity: 0 - Not Applicable [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] E. Marinella Navy Blue Tie (Tie M46) SOLD Damage description: None visible Damage area: 0 Severity: 0 - Not Applicable [​IMG] Tie M27 - Dark Red / Burgundy SOLD Damage description: Tiny pull by label Damage area: 10 Severity: 1 - Barely Visible [​IMG] E. Marinella Navy Blue Tie (Tie M44) SOLD Damage description: Tiny pull by label Damage area: 10 Severity: 1 - Barely Visible [​IMG]

11. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

12. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

^damn those ties are nice

Particularly 27 and 44 right? [​IMG]

13. polar-lemon

polar-lemon Senior member

14. polar-lemon

polar-lemon Senior member

15. SpooPoker

^ Not 100% sure all those are really soporific, but most are nice.