• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Orgetorix
Looks good, Mike. Do you know what causes those ripples on the upper chest? I get them too on some jackets, and have never quite figured it out. Shoulders too forward, maybe?

I had these shoulders brought in about 3/4 of an inch. I think that is what caused it. I don't concern myself with it though. It is what it is.

Mike

mktitsworth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Mrs. **** does not look amused.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by sugarbutch
You look much more relaxed here, ****. Mrs. **** does not look amused, however.
She takes it all with good humor and teases me whenever possible - not too much though, as she has her own clothing hobbies which are fodder for prodding. Also, spoo, like the Khaki/Navy fit today. It plays with alot of color, but it's subdued and contained so that from afar everything looks peachy and simple. Well done.
Originally Posted by Threadbearer
Judging by that grin, this was not your first drink of the evening. Mrs. Titsworth seems to share Mrs. Thread's mixed feelings about SF. They're both pleased with the results but wary of the process.
It was just a good night. I was driving, so one drink with dinner was it. Also, from that description, I would have to agree.
Originally Posted by dbc
^ Very Gordon Gekko. In a good way.
Originally Posted by acridsheep
The change to the doo, alone, has drastically improved your overall look.
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
Titsworth went from a gigantic dorky O Chem teacher (or some other science) to a guy who wears Vass and fancy suits in nice restaurants in a matter of weeks.
Thanks gents. Much appreciated. ... and it's physics.
lol8[1].gif
Also: Lufty, that tie is killer, and the suit has an amazing (what I think is) American style silhouette. Mike, that's a solid fit from the major leagues.

Kappelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by deandbn
Sorry to go off subject but this pic just hit me right in the face. I was thinking that you american guys are so lucky to live in a crime free society. Not one 8ft wall, no razor wire, and no electric fencing around any of the properties and at least 30 cars dotted aloing the roadside waiting to be stolen.... Unbelievable!!
eh.gif
????

Scotty

Reaction score
Me wearing a suit (this happens once or twice in a year) at my niece's first Holy Communion. First try with a pocket square. Not the best pose to show the suit...
comunion.JPG
comunion2.JPG

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robasaurus
Went for a walk in the park before a long weekend dinner date...

Action shots are fun. Nice fit.

Originally Posted by Baron
1104_Picturing_CA_17.jpg
[/SPOILER]

I like this a lot, in terms of general good fit, colours and vibe. Would like it more with welted pockets, but I'm an SF outlier when it comes to patch pockets on suits.

Originally Posted by Threadbearer
Leaning-44.jpg
[/SPOILER]

Needs a coloured shirt (and probably a different tie, but definitely a coloured shirt).

Originally Posted by niidawg3
22d234c9.jpg
The trousers are a little too light-coloured for that pattern for me, but the top half is splendid. Two shades darker on the trousers, and perfect.

Titsworth went from a gigantic dorky O Chem teacher (or some other science) to a guy who wears Vass and fancy suits in nice restaurants in a matter of weeks.

laugh.gif

Dude's learning, for sure.

Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
Sorry to go off subject but this pic just hit me right in the face.

I was thinking that you american guys are so lucky to live in a crime free society. Not one 8ft wall, no razor wire, and no electric fencing around any of the properties and at least 30 cars dotted aloing the roadside waiting to be stolen.... Unbelievable!!

Um, where do you live?

Assuming it's not some war-torn failed state like Somalia(!), my money's on a South African city.

7f6c7315.jpg
Solid shirt in that colour, and this would be stellar. Love the colours, but not the pattern.

Originally Posted by luftvier

Lufty in monks rather than gunboats?! The world DID end at the weekend; we just didn't realise it.

They look good.

Originally Posted by MBreinin

There's no-break, and then there's this. Great overall look, spoilt quite a bit IMO by that little detail. This amount of negative break is not my cup of tea.

Still trying to take an outdoor pic while the weather remains favourable. I don't think I can get past the problem of the camera autofocusing on the distance while I set the timer, instead of on me. Let me know if there's any preference between the lighting of the outdoor shots, or the detail/focus on my usual interior ones. I kind of like the outdoors ones, myself.

Gm9Kg.jpg

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

ta-ruth. i too have noticed a very quick and nice improvement. keep it up man
fing02[1].gif

Mrs. **** does not look amused.
laugh.gif

heeeeey

Another day of rain.

last two fits have been outstanding

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
Interesting shirt.

Another day of rain.​

this is a really great fitting suit lufty. and the monks provide the right balance of trou vs shoes. deserves all the praise and more.
worship.gif

this on the other hand ...

lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ubbens
Is that shirt by Kiton? I like it, it's something different.

Thank you, yes it's Kiton.

this on the other hand ...

lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif

your use of emoticons makes me assured you only have the best of intentions.
laugh.gif

miran

Reaction score

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by spoozy
Lufty, Spoo and Mr. ****, well done today, messieurs!

Power suiting today...still some way to go, but making noticeably progress. The difference in trou and jackett wasn't there in real life...

best outfit you have ever posted. Not crazy about the square but fit of the suit is great on you and I really like the shirt collar. All the pieces are basic, yet the fit/shape make the entire outfit stand out.

philosophe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
this is a really great fitting suit lufty. and the monks provide the right balance of trou vs shoes. deserves all the praise and more.
worship.gif

Add me to the chorus, Lufty. The Regent looks great on you. Did you shape the lapels yourself?

gregaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry to go off subject but this pic just hit me right in the face.

I was thinking that you american guys are so lucky to live in a crime free society. Not one 8ft wall, no razor wire, and no electric fencing around any of the properties and at least 30 cars dotted aloing the roadside waiting to be stolen.... Unbelievable!!

IIRC, he is in Canada. It's totally different south of the border - look at the size of Spoo's wall, for example. And Vox poses next to a machine gun tower.

Originally Posted by banis
i-pnN96Pv-XL.jpg

i-h7LWvRD-XL.jpg

Я вижу Петю в дали! Классный фит.

7f6c7315.jpg

2ab76e98.jpg

984c1daa.jpg
[/SPOILER]

Did you and Spoozy switch places?

Another day of rain.

[/SPOILER]

Something is up with the drape of the pants here, bro. Maybe it's just the static image, and it's fine IRL, but they look WAY to slim compared to the jacket, which creates bad balance.

Originally Posted by MBreinin
Seething1.JPG

Seething2.JPG

Pants look too short?

Originally Posted by Holdfast
Still trying to take an outdoor pic while the weather remains favourable. I don't think I can get past the problem of the camera autofocusing on the distance while I set the timer, instead of on me. Let me know if there's any preference between the lighting of the outdoor shots, or the detail/focus on my usual interior ones. I kind of like the outdoors ones, myself.

Gm9Kg.jpg
Outdoor photos look really good. You can do the PG method - focus on whatever it is that you set the camera on, then put the camera on it and it will be in focus by the time you get back into place. The side benefit, is that all those people in the windows behind you will get a nice show.

Originally Posted by spoozy
Lufty, Spoo and Mr. ****, well done today, messieurs!

Power suiting today...still some way to go, but making noticeably progress. The difference in trou and jackett wasn't there in real life...
5754195757_621a95e9a1_z.jpg

5754195185_f5d03614ae_z.jpg

5754195475_01ce5bd4e2_z.jpg

5754742016_91e9ef5bb6_z.jpg
Are you even the same person? This looks SO much better than the stuff you used to do. And much more interesting. Anyone can do loud clashing outfits, it's being well put together and interesting that is difficult, and novel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads