• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bespoke Gloves

musososeki

Reaction score
Originally Posted by harry2quinn
God. I can't see this as anything other than sexual. The most elegant man you've ever *blown*?

Is that a term for fitting for gloves or something?

It's actually technical jargon, a term for an action one man occasionally performs on another in the privacy of the latter's Jaguar.

Wolfador

Reaction score
wow some of their gloves are awesome, especially the ladies gloves. Now how can I get a photocopy of my wifes hand so I can order her some? Any ideas?

harry2quinn

Reaction score
Originally Posted by musososeki
It's actually technical jargon, a term for an action one man occasionally performs on another in the privacy of the latter's Jaguar.

Oh, ok. That makes a lot more sense.
laugh.gif

Loathing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Musososeki, if you hang around these fora for a while I think you'll become an icon.

JamesX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by musososeki
Did they recharge you the bespoke fee for the new tracings? Xeroxing was a smart move. What models do you have? I ordered the 'Paris'.
My favorite pair from them is The Kensington in Deer, Acorn (or maybe it was Mink) Unlined, no Points. Second favorite is the Oxford in Cape, Chukka Brown (which is really more a burgundy), Red Silk linked, Points. I also favor their Top Gear Driving glove. Not sure how they select their leathers. It may be based on the specific glove, or it may be just depends on which batch of shipment they have on hand. The Deerskin used for my Kensington is tons better than the skin they used for my Statesmen. The Cape skin used for my Francis is also tons better than the cape skin used for my Open Road (Driving Glove). They also take special request on leather, though they never got back to me on my peccary order.

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JamesX
The first pair was very good, but I think I trace the fingers inconsistantly. So I redid the trace with more consistency in the way I held the pencil. That glove turned out better, but still had looseness on my left palm.

I ended up just photocopying my hand and send it to them. That ended up with a perfect pair. Now I have around 10 pairs of various gloves made by them.

How did you spread your fingers for the Xerox? As wide as possible, together, or somewhere in between?

BrooklynWeGoHard

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JamesX
My favorite pair from them is The Kensington in Deer, Acorn (or maybe it was Mink) Unlined, no Points.

Second favorite is the Oxford in Cape, Chukka Brown (which is really more a burgundy), Red Silk linked, Points.

I also favor their Top Gear Driving glove.

Not sure how they select their leathers. It may be based on the specific glove, or it may be just depends on which batch of shipment they have on hand. The Deerskin used for my Kensington is tons better than the skin they used for my Statesmen. The Cape skin used for my Francis is also tons better than the cape skin used for my Open Road (Driving Glove).

They also take special request on leather, though they never got back to me on my peccary order.

this post is worthless without photos

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did Chester Jefferies change their options recently?

I remember looking at the Paris gloves in suede a while back, now it looks like its not even an option.
confused.gif

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Achilles_
Did Chester Jefferies change their options recently?

I remember looking at the Paris gloves in suede a while back, now it looks like its not even an option.
confused.gif

It's still there - look under 'Dress Gloves'.

JamesX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by alliswell
How did you spread your fingers for the Xerox? As wide as possible, together, or somewhere in between?

Just a comfortable spread so each finger is distinct. I assume that the length and width of the finger is all that is important.

iroh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am planning to order a pair of gloves from CJ however the post above about the lack of durability concerns me (I was shocked to read a piece of tape could take off the top skin of the leather they use). So I want to know a list of the most durable leathers they have to offer, I want my gloves to last me over 20 years.

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hope to get some bespoke gloves from CJ (for myself and my wife) soon. Thanks for the hand photocopy idea, too. I've done just that in readiness for my order. Excellent idea.

TheDarkKnight

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd really like to get some of these CJ gloves to go with a couple of sports coats I have, and wondered what you thought would be good colours for the following combinations:

I'm thinking a dark brown to match that of cords in the first instance.

Both jackets also have burgundy in - the blue has a burgundy in the windowpane and the green is donegal with burgundy as well as orange flecks in.

My second choice would be a mid tan the same as my shoes in the photo

And a third choice would perhaps be a deep burgundy.

What do you guys think if I was to order one pair, or to order two pairs? They will be general purpose dress Winter gloves that don't need to be overly warm, with a cashmere lining.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I always go with brown for my gloves and all should look fine with the above suits/jackets.

I'm highly tempted to order a yellow or red glove among my first order.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads