• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Slim Fit Polo

Tonybag0dohnutz

Reaction score
Nice. Do they fit true to size? I'm pretty much a small in everything, but like my polos to be fairly fitted. It says they have a "generous" fit, but I always thought the MiE ones were fairly fitted.

NorCal_1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
Hm, interesting. I wear a L and feel the fit is generally spot on. Perhaps I like the chest in polos to be a bit more fitted than you. The waist seems to fit quite well for me. I agree that the arms are on the tighter side, but I like that in polos in any case.

what's your jacket / waist size?

I was going to order a couple of these and I'm 44 jacket, 34 waist but the sizing chart says the Large is for 41-43 shoulders and ther XL is 44-46

do they stretch out at all?

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NorCal_1
what's your jacket / waist size?

I was going to order a couple of these and I'm 44 jacket, 34 waist but the sizing chart says the Large is for 41-43 shoulders and ther XL is 44-46

do they stretch out at all?

46 jacket, 33.5 waist... I like my polos to fit quite slim though. I posted a pic of this polo in the WAYWN a few weeks ago, you can search for it if you want.

NorCal_1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
46 jacket, 33.5 waist... I like my polos to fit quite slim though. I posted a pic of this polo in the WAYWN a few weeks ago, you can search for it if you want.

I think I found it below. The waist looks fine and the shoulders would probably work for me since you a bit bigger than I am (46 vs 44)

how do they stretch by the way???

99654222wj9.jpg

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NorCal_1
I think I found it below. The waist looks fine and the shoulders would probably work for me since you a bit bigger than I am (46 vs 44)

how do they stretch by the way???

99654222wj9.jpg

They stretch a bit like any cotton shirt, not a huge amount but a decent amount.

david123

Reaction score
Any new ideas here? Are there any good alternatives to the JCrew ones? Ideally I'd like jersey, slim fit, and not too long.

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by david123
Any new ideas here? Are there any good alternatives to the JCrew ones? Ideally I'd like jersey, slim fit, and not too long.

James Perse

david123

Reaction score
I tried a James Perse recently and found it really baggy. As for the other, I should have added that I'd prefer something without a logo if possible. Thanks though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads