• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Feedback on Tyrwitt slim fit dress shirt size and fit?

PhantomAce

Reaction score
Hi all,

Could I get some feedback on these Charles Tyrwitt shirts?

The blue shirt is an Extra Slim fit (15 inch neck and 34 inch sleeve)

The white shirt is a Slim fit (15 inch neck and 33 inch sleeve)

I'd be grateful for anyone's thoughts, as the Extra Slim seems too tight but the Slim seems too baggy - maybe I'm an in-between size?

Attachments

• 0.20240212_151709.jpg
    0.20240212_151709.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 26
  • 0.20240212_151719.jpg
    0.20240212_151719.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 27
  • 0.20240212_152012.jpg
    0.20240212_152012.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 65
  • 0.20240212_152025.jpg
    0.20240212_152025.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 65

SteveMc

Reaction score
Honestly, I'm having hard time seeing any difference between the two.
But if you feel one is tighter than the other, then you obviously know best.

For what it worth, the white one doesn't look baggy.

You could try going up a size in the extra slim or down a size in the slim and see if that work for you better.

KOz

Reaction score
Back shots would be handy, but the white shirt seems to have a notable amount of fabric at the waist/lower back.

Jaygti

Reaction score
I don’t think CT slim fit shirts are very slim.
I went up a collar size and got extra slim , I found that fitted better. 👍🏻

bjornb17

Reaction score
I was sort of in the same boat of being in between sizes and fit on CT shirts. I finally settled on Slim Fit 16.5 35 and I'm 6'1" 190 lbs. Out of the bag a Slim Fit 16 35 fits just about perfectly in the body but after a few washes or after a large meal it was just a hair snug, and of course the neck was half an inch too small. I tried the Extra Slim Fit 16.5 35 and the body fit about the same as the Slim Fit 16 35 and the neck fit fine, but likewise the body didn't have enough room for shrinkage or large meal. Out of the bag the Slim Fit 16.5 35 is a touch big but is the closest size without ever being too tight and it is kind of nice having just a little bit of extra fabric for a nice drape. If the Extra Slim Fit feels a little on the tight side now you're only going to have more problems later.

But more importantly one of the deciding factors with going with the Slim Fit over Extra Slim Fit is for the same reason I think you might want to. My waist and thighs are quite large relative to my overall weight and fitness (I only have a 4" drop, 42R jacket and 38" waist) and having a shirt that was a little too slim made my top half look too small relative to my bottom half. It seems you might have the same issue based on the pics. Erring on the slightly larger fit on the torso helps add just a little bit of balance. Having slimmer pants will also help here and doing both things will help force a nice silhouette.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads