1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Slim Fit Polo

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JaCet, Oct 8, 2007.

1. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

Guess I'll try the M then. I'm a small in RL regular fit, and they are a tad short in the arms, but otherwise perfect. I'll add, I'm a small also in the J. Crew merino sweaters, but that's because I want them to fit like shirts, not like sweaters.

Yeah, I would go with the M for sure.

2. Ace Rimmer

Ace Rimmer Senior member

http://www.jcrew.com/catalog/product...atId=cat240046

I have a few of those. They're a good value for a fitted polo. If you have bigger arms like drizzt you may find the arm holes a bit tight and the sleeves a bit short, but it's not a dealbreaker.

The chest/waist measurements on the J. Crew polo are also not as tapered as I'd prefer. I'm a 40 chest, 30 waist and the chest is a bit tight, the waist a bit loose on a men's size M. But again, miles better than non-fitted mass offerings, and hard to beat for $25/shirt.

3. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

http://www.jcrew.com/catalog/product...atId=cat240046
    I just ordered one in M and in L. Just in case anyone's looking to try them on in the store, I found out they're only available online or from the catalog. Stores aren't carrying the slim fit.

4. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

The chest/waist measurements on the J. Crew polo are also not as tapered as I'd prefer. I'm a 40 chest, 30 waist and the chest is a bit tight, the waist a bit loose on a men's size M. But again, miles better than non-fitted mass offerings, and hard to beat for $25/shirt.

Hm, interesting. I wear a L and feel the fit is generally spot on. Perhaps I like the chest in polos to be a bit more fitted than you. The waist seems to fit quite well for me. I agree that the arms are on the tighter side, but I like that in polos in any case.

5. Tonybag0dohnutz

Tonybag0dohnutz Senior member

Does anybody know where to get Made in England Fred Perry Polos? I have two, but they are both made in China. While the fit is OK, it's certainly not the best and the fabric isn't holding up all that well after several washes.

Seems like Oi Polloi is the only site that I could find the made in England ones on, but have only one or two colors. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the MiE ones go by chest size (38,40 etc...) rather than small/medium/large?

6. tcalvin

tcalvin Member

7. Tonybag0dohnutz

Tonybag0dohnutz Senior member

Nice. Do they fit true to size? I'm pretty much a small in everything, but like my polos to be fairly fitted. It says they have a "generous" fit, but I always thought the MiE ones were fairly fitted.

8. NorCal_1

NorCal_1 Senior member

Hm, interesting. I wear a L and feel the fit is generally spot on. Perhaps I like the chest in polos to be a bit more fitted than you. The waist seems to fit quite well for me. I agree that the arms are on the tighter side, but I like that in polos in any case.

what's your jacket / waist size?

I was going to order a couple of these and I'm 44 jacket, 34 waist but the sizing chart says the Large is for 41-43 shoulders and ther XL is 44-46

do they stretch out at all?

9. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

what's your jacket / waist size?

I was going to order a couple of these and I'm 44 jacket, 34 waist but the sizing chart says the Large is for 41-43 shoulders and ther XL is 44-46

do they stretch out at all?

46 jacket, 33.5 waist... I like my polos to fit quite slim though. I posted a pic of this polo in the WAYWN a few weeks ago, you can search for it if you want.

10. NorCal_1

NorCal_1 Senior member

46 jacket, 33.5 waist... I like my polos to fit quite slim though. I posted a pic of this polo in the WAYWN a few weeks ago, you can search for it if you want.

I think I found it below. The waist looks fine and the shoulders would probably work for me since you a bit bigger than I am (46 vs 44)

how do they stretch by the way???

[​IMG]

11. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

I think I found it below. The waist looks fine and the shoulders would probably work for me since you a bit bigger than I am (46 vs 44)

how do they stretch by the way???

[​IMG]

They stretch a bit like any cotton shirt, not a huge amount but a decent amount.

12. amdovers

amdovers Well-Known Member

That would have to be Burlington Black Label. Try and share your experience.

13. david123

david123 Senior member

Any new ideas here? Are there any good alternatives to the JCrew ones? Ideally I'd like jersey, slim fit, and not too long.

14. Spencer

Spencer Senior member

Any new ideas here? Are there any good alternatives to the JCrew ones? Ideally I'd like jersey, slim fit, and not too long.

James Perse

15. blynch

blynch Senior member

picked up a fred perry/raf simons polo off gilt recently, excellent fit and quality. I was pleasantly surprised (which is unusual for my gilt impulse buys).

16. david123

david123 Senior member

I tried a James Perse recently and found it really baggy. As for the other, I should have added that I'd prefer something without a logo if possible. Thanks though.

17. kevinh

kevinh New Member

gotta agree with fred perry/ raf simons

18. 1969

1969 Senior member