1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Slim Fit Polo

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JaCet, Oct 8, 2007.

1. metkirk

metkirk Well-Known Member

Dior polos are very nice and slim. In my opinion, Dior create some really simple polos but the details are in such right places.

2. SWB

SWB Well-Known Member

Does anyone have a J Crew tailored fit polo that they can provide measurements for (chest and length)? I'm not sure whether to go for small or medium, and of course their site's measurement guide is absolute garbage.

3. mistawho

mistawho Active Member

Dior polos are very nice and slim. In my opinion, Dior create some really simple polos but the details are in such right places.

Dior polos are nice.... but how much do they cost? haha

4. mistawho

mistawho Active Member

Does anyone have a J Crew tailored fit polo that they can provide measurements for (chest and length)? I'm not sure whether to go for small or medium, and of course their site's measurement guide is absolute garbage.

I am 5'7 and 165 lbs with a muscular build. I wear a medium J Crew tailored fit polo. It fits me perfectly, as in tight around the arms etc. If i think i got a small i would've ripped it if i flexed. [​IMG]

5. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Well-Known Member

I am 5'7 and 165 lbs with a muscular build. I wear a medium J Crew tailored fit polo. It fits me perfectly, as in tight around the arms etc. If i think i got a small i would've ripped it if i flexed. [​IMG]

what's the actual chest measurement of your shirt?

6. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Well-Known Member

I ordered a couple of the J. Crew polos in large, we'll see how they work out.

7. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Well-Known Member

I ordered a couple of the J. Crew polos in large, we'll see how they work out.

yeah, definitely let us know how they fit you.

8. SWB

SWB Well-Known Member

Once again, if anyone has actual measurements for these, please post them! This is the only thing keeping me from placing an order.

9. BrettChaotix

BrettChaotix Well-Known Member

Dior polos are nice.... but how much do they cost? haha

Like I said, it's a monthly car payment for some of us.... and as nice as DH polos are, I'd rather drive! However you can probably find some nice knockoffs on someplace like yesstyle.com

10. Joffrey

Joffrey Well-Known Member

I bought a J.Crew "tailored fit" shirt online about a year ago. They were very untailored ( I suppose they may have sent me regular fit By accident).

11. Contingency Plan

Contingency Plan Well-Known Member

Fred Perry polos fit nicely, but at £40 (~$80) each, they're not cheap.

12. drizzt3117

Fred Perry polos fit nicely, but at £40 (~$80) each, they're not cheap.

Don't they have a logo and/or chest pocket?

13. Contingency Plan

Contingency Plan Well-Known Member

No pocket, and the logo isn't garish; actually it adds a little flair imo.

14. feynmix

feynmix Well-Known Member

anyone own this particular jcrew polo?

http://www.jcrew.com/catalog/product...catId=cat90206

its on sale right now, and i was wondering if these have a slim fit? I need some cheap polos as the process of building a decent wardrobe starts.

any opinions on these? thanks.

15. drizzt3117

anyone own this particular jcrew polo?

http://www.jcrew.com/catalog/product...catId=cat90206

its on sale right now, and i was wondering if these have a slim fit? I need some cheap polos as the process of building a decent wardrobe starts.

any opinions on these? thanks.

Yes it has a slim fit. I personally like the tailored pique one more for $5 more and there are more color choices, but hey, if $5 is a dealbreaker then go for it.

16. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member

Yes it has a slim fit. I personally like the tailored pique one more for $5 more and there are more color choices, but hey, if $5 is a dealbreaker then go for it.
    Can you post a link to the ones you picked up Drizz? Because when I went into the store the vintage polo's were fit like tents.

17. DGP

DGP Well-Known Member

I've seen these online and have debated picking some up. However, I'm not sure on the size. In their washed favorite shirts, which are supposedly a slim fit, I need a small around the waist area, and the only part that's a bit too tight is across the widest part of my chest. Would I want the same size in these, or are they slim enough that a medium should work and not baloon around the waist?

18. drizzt3117

19. drizzt3117

I've seen these online and have debated picking some up. However, I'm not sure on the size. In their washed favorite shirts, which are supposedly a slim fit, I need a small around the waist area, and the only part that's a bit too tight is across the widest part of my chest. Would I want the same size in these, or are they slim enough that a medium should work and not baloon around the waist?

I've never tried on the washed favorite shirts. These polos are pretty slim. I posted a pic of the large a few weeks ago, and it's a nice slim fit on me. I wear mediums in lacoste retro, RL, and most other non slim-fit brands and larges in rogues gallery, apc, sunspel, and slimmer fit brands.

20. DGP

DGP Well-Known Member

I've never tried on the washed favorite shirts. These polos are pretty slim. I posted a pic of the large a few weeks ago, and it's a nice slim fit on me. I wear mediums in lacoste retro, RL, and most other non slim-fit brands and larges in rogues gallery, apc, sunspel, and slimmer fit brands.

Guess I'll try the M then. I'm a small in RL regular fit, and they are a tad short in the arms, but otherwise perfect. I'll add, I'm a small also in the J. Crew merino sweaters, but that's because I want them to fit like shirts, not like sweaters.