• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

tshaw

Reaction score
Hey, Kap - you got a better shot of the shoes to share?
thumbs-up.gif

mmm32.jpg

Neofinitia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So sad to leave...
DSCN0535.jpg
Picture2023-1.jpg
Picture2091.jpg
...but got to go...
Picture2122.jpg
Picture2182.jpg
Picture2207.jpg
Picture2225.jpg
...SFxSF, Nederland Edition...Wazzup Agent Binge and Agent Ob5cur1ty...
Picture2240.jpg
Picture2238.jpg
Picture2242.jpg
...still yet on the move...
Picture2278-1.jpg
Picture2289-1.jpg
Stay sexy folks. Over and out.

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Crat
6hm686.jpg

Oooo. I'm liking this a lot.

Originally Posted by Lumme
is there anywhere online where it is possible to buy some better quality pocket squares??
www.kentwang.com

Originally Posted by luftvier
I disagree. It's nice to see things that don't work here and discuss why they don't.
+1 That's my most effective mode of learning.

Originally Posted by luftvier
And members posting the misses that they KNOW are misses are helpful for the forum to explain why.
Funny you should mention that. I came this close to making a post this afternoon titled "Anatomy of a Trainwreck," in which I would explain how I ended up leaving the house this morning despite knowing that I'd effed the bunny. I spared you the gruesomeness instead.

Originally Posted by Parker
prkr516a.jpg

Seems like this could use some pattern to break up all that acreage of solids.

Originally Posted by jrd617
Acrid, can you superimpose Hannibal Lecter's mask? Would be perfect.
Brilliant!

mktitsworth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by niidawg3
i'd be interested to know where the edification lies in knowing that your fit is bad and still posting it.

Because it's not about posting a bad fit. It's about posting a fit everyday and staying honest. I think a good likeness would be someone who has an emphasis for personal fitness posting their workout results everyday. He could record them on his own, but making them public keeps him honest.

That's something I respect about Upr_Crust - he's willing to do the good days and the bad.

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
No, but it certainly helps establish if your critiques are valid, or you are clueless. Frankly, I am weary of people coming in here and doing nothing more than posting critique, good or bad.

Further, you are a particularly opinionated and nasty critic. When someone takes that approach, I think they need to have something in which to back up their critique. You have nothing.

Telling Crusty to stop posting is just an example of your trademark style. The fact of the matter is that this thread is on life support, and needs quality posters. Crusty's style may not be my style, or yours for that matter, but telling him to stop posting is counterproductive. Equally as counterproductive is attacking an old poster who is dipping his feet in the water again.

Mike

cheers.gif

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Axelman 17
Love the suit but I think you would be better served with a tie that was more rustic and less shiny, it would be more consistent with the rest of the outfit.

Originally Posted by Threadbearer
Seems like this could use some pattern to break up all that acreage of solids.

Yeah, I am just lazy today. Agree on both counts. My small-timer tie collection needs some cashmeres and wools. I actually ditched the tie for the afternoon and have a purple checked scarf wrapped around me instead.

Originally Posted by Neofinitia
So sad to leave...
wink.gif

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Orgetorix
Probably the last outing for this suit. After being told repeatedly here that the jacket is too short on me, I've finally realized you're all right.

photo2-2.jpg
photo1-2.jpg

It's hard to tell how short it is with your hands in your pockets like that! Looks like great material though, and I really like the fit in general.

artoftime

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrDaniels
I'd say he looks like an FBI agent, but FBI agents don't dress that well.

(absolutely rock solid...gives one hope that this will be a good week for the sartorial arts)

+1
Solid work there Mike

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I believe that I owe an apology to anyone who was expecting to see a variety of photo postings, and insightful criticisms or comments in this thread today. Had I any idea that my posting would have engendered the invective that it did, I most certainly would not have posted it, or not couched in the words that I used to describe it.

To those of you who said words in my defense (not necessarily in defense of my fit today) - thank you. To those who criticized my fit - you are absolutely entitled to your opinion. To those who sought merely to use my posting today as an excuse for invective - I would call upon you to be ashamed, but know that you are most likely shameless.

Needless to say, I shall not post here tomorrow, as neither the weather nor my social calendar warrant wearing good clothes. When I shall next post remains to be seen, but I shall post again - I may be sensitive to criticism, but I am more adamant to not being bullied.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads