• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anybody dealt with member stilmacher? Confused as to what to do

Big A

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stilmacher has sold a lot of stuff, and I've heard numerous complaints about him being late, but never one about him failing to deliver. I always just figured his lifestyle as the heir some sort of Bavarian royal fortune got in the way of his "follow-through."

I mean, you're on the Autobahn in your Alpina, headed for the post office to send some guy his Lobbs, when the model / wayward princess in the back suddenly suggests that you pull over and watch her snort coke off the even hotter girl you sprung from Le Rosey less than a week ago. What do you do? It's easy to forget about the shoes.

Seriously, I don't know if the Stilmacher lifestyle is real or just bullshit, but I wouldn't worry - I think you'll eventually get your stuff. I've suspected that the delays I heard about were the result of him acting as a middle-man and selling stuff he didn't necessarily have in hand at the time - he has to go pick it up before he can ship it. That's just a guess on my part, with no factual basis at all, so TIFWIW.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Big A
Stilmacher has sold a lot of stuff, and I've heard numerous complaints about him being late, but never one about him failing to deliver. I always just figured his lifestyle as the heir some sort of Bavarian royal fortune got in the way of his "follow-through."

I mean, you're on the Autobahn in your Alpina, headed for the post office to send some guy his Lobbs, when the model / wayward princess in the back suddenly suggests that you pull over and watch her snort coke off the even hotter girl you sprung from Le Rosey less than a week ago. What do you do? It's easy to forget about the shoes.

Seriously, I don't know if the Stilmacher lifestyle is real or just bullshit, but I wouldn't worry - I think you'll eventually get your stuff. I've suspected that the delays I heard about were the result of him acting as a middle-man and selling stuff he didn't necessarily have in hand at the time - he has to go pick it up before he can ship it. That's just a guess on my part, with no factual basis at all, so TIFWIW.

My German friends told me not to trust Bavarians...
laugh.gif

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Seriously, I don't know if the Stilmacher lifestyle is real or just bullshit, ...

he's in st. tropez at the gunter sachs farewell party...

Big A

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah, poor Gunter. Uttered one of my favorite pessimistic quotes ever: "This generation can do anything, but it's less fun."

I'll pour a little Kirsch on the ground for the old bastard . . . .

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ah, poor Gunter. Uttered one of my favorite pessimistic quotes ever: "This generation can do anything, but it's less fun."

RIP....

The Lapo of his times with more gravitas and decorum and maybe intelligence.

Jangofett

Reaction score

Er, rriiiiight.
If he is that rich, he would not be selling stuff, new or used like that on the net.
He would just toss it to his Butler, Lothar to wear.

Also, imagine what the wayward princess, Ute would say to him 'Stil baby, vay are you blackberrying all de time? This **** is good, come and try it. I am not going to leaf it for you forever you know.'

Stil: 'Later baby, I am replying to this guy who is asking about measurements and fitting on my John Lobbs, I am selling on the internet.'

Ute: '(Snort - air not cocaine)! Har! Are you kidding me? Is this how you make money? By selling used things on the internet? Do you want to sell my thong on the iiinternet as vell? This is so ******* bullshit!'

fss

Reaction score
OP has a valid point. It's not his problem the seller might be abroad, has other things to do or whatever, the least Stilmacher could have done is notify the OP about the fact that it could take a little longer than normal. This would then probably not have escalated at this moment already.

If you are a seller, you have the responsibility to communicate promptly and actually make sure the people who put faith in you and sending you their money don't have to question the turn of events, period. If you aren't able to do so, don't sell goods online.

Assuming the OP has accurately described the timeline the seller simply has dealt very poorly in this matter, let's just hope OP gets what he paid for.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

prost

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fss
OP has a valid point. It's not his problem the seller might be abroad, has other things to do or whatever, the least Stilmacher could have done is notify the OP about the fact that it could take a little longer than normal. This would then probably not have escalated at this moment already.

If you are a seller, you have the responsibility to communicate promptly and actually make sure the people who put faith in you and sending you their money don't have to question the turn of events, period. If you aren't able to do so, don't sell goods online.

Assuming the OP has accurately described the timeline the seller simply has dealt very poorly in this matter, let's just hope OP gets what he paid for.

If the manager of Charvet can take the time of sending a gift to a irrate customer , Stil can take 5 minutes to reply to the OP.

Saint-tropez is not off the grid...

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fss

+100%
Seller is at fault.

Tibo

Reaction score
The plot thickens (or actually evaporates, depending on your point of view). You might remember that the seller supposedly re-shipped the shoes on Thu 12/05, asking me to withdraw my PayPal claim.
Luckily I didn't (since apparently once you withdraw a claim you can't reinstate it later on).

Tonight, I'm looking on Deutsche Post's tracking website with the tracking number provided: the package has reached its final destination: the USA (reminder: I'm located in Belgium). I've just sent a mail to the seller asking for an explanation about this but will most probably escalate this into a proper dispute tonight.

Buyers beware...

Tibo

Reaction score
Bonus points in this saga: a heinous mail insinuating I'm frauding, coming from the seller's representative with whom I've been in contact, as an answer to my question after I find out what's posted above. Wow. I wouldn't recommend to anyone to do business with Stilmacher if that's the way he normally works.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
lurker[1].gif

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tibo
Bonus points in this saga: a heinous mail insinuating I'm frauding, coming from the seller's representative with whom I've been in contact, as an answer to my question after I find out what's posted above. Wow. I wouldn't recommend to anyone to do business with Stilmacher if that's the way he normally works.

That's really messed up and If I recall correctly,not the first time members having problem with stilmacher.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by forex
That's really messed up and If I recall correctly,not the first time members having problem with stilmacher.

Once bit twice shy...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads