Anybody dealt with member stilmacher? Confused as to what to do

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Tibo, May 10, 2011.

1. Tibo

Tibo Senior member

Many thanks for the reactions. I sent an email to his PayPal-linked email address yesterday and got an answer from somebody else writing on his behalf this morning. She's saying that the seller had to travel unexpectedly and was not reachable by phone or email, but that he is a reputable eBayer and will no doubt honour his commitment. So let's hope for the best.

In the meanwhile i have launched a dispute with PayPal to make sure that I still have the opportunity to get back my funds if things don't go as I hope they will. A dispute is not a claim yet but merely flagging to the seller that something is going wrong.

2. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

Many thanks for the reactions. I sent an email to his PayPal-linked email address yesterday and got an answer from somebody else writing on his behalf this morning. She's saying that the seller had to travel unexpectedly and was not reachable by phone or email, but that he is a reputable eBayer and will no doubt honour his commitment. So let's hope for the best.

according to his fb account, he's travelling a lot. additionally the pictures do not reflect, that he needs ebay ripping to cover his expenses.

3. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

That sucks ... not sure what went wrong. Good luck OP.

says the man, who is unable to close a deal in almost two years. man up instead of being ignorant.

ps: sorry OP for using your thread.

4. meister

meister Senior member

says the man, who is unable to close a deal in almost two years. man up instead of being ignorant.

ps: sorry OP for using your thread.

[​IMG]

5. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

[​IMG]

thank you for your support

6. aj_del

aj_del Senior member

says the man, who is unable to close a deal in almost two years. man up instead of being ignorant. ps: sorry OP for using your thread.
    What r u talking about?

7. Wicky

Wicky Senior member

have had nothing but good experiences with him. i agree about sending him a PM that you are going to dispute the charge ... hopefully that will pique his attention. i have to believe there is something wrong and this is not him scamming you.

+ 1, only good experiences with Carl.

8. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

What r u talking about?

pm sent.

9. Cravate_Noire

Cravate_Noire Senior member

according to his fb account, he's travelling a lot. additionally the pictures do not reflect, that he needs ebay ripping to cover his expenses.
    You fail here. He has some problems and I seriously hope that this will not result in a drawback for the SF guy who bought from him. Stilmacher is indeed a very professional ebay vendor/consignment seller for high end goods btw. so I am pretty sure that this only a very temporary issue and that he'll deal with that immediately after his return from whereever he is.

10. Tuscan

Tuscan Senior member

I have bought from him on ebay in the past (Lattanzi shoes and hermes sweater) and he has always been 200% professional and reliable

11. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

he still should have made arrangements to ship out the shoes a/p what he said that he would do....just my opinion..

12. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

You fail here.

ok. i was talking about the impression and the reflections from his network. anyway.

13. IndianBoyz

IndianBoyz Senior member

Stilmacher even posts his outfits here every once in a while, I don't think there's really much to worry about. I do get impatient aswell when it takes a package longer to arrive.

14. alphaO888

alphaO888 Senior member

have you thought of the possibility that he did ship it and that it's an international package? these things can take 3-4 weeks sometimes

Plus the travelling excuse is such horse shit nowadays. Who travels without a cell phone or laptop/e-reader or vacations in the Sahara without any internet access? Especially someone who has money.. please. Poor excuse if you ask me.

15. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

Plus the travelling excuse is such horse shit nowadays.

not always.