• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big A

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ba6111f3.jpg
Counterclockwise, from left: Bathroom mirror shot (SF Overused Accessory Count = 3). Caruso coat / BB slim shirt / bespoke bracelet by 4 year old pre-school artisan Friend as human sushi table, her plastic surgeon is very proud .... I spread dollar bills around her later in the evening to class it up a little BB bag and Rimowa wheel aboard Fabric and flower detail

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Variation on a theme"”what's new? Er, the trousers.

ttk3j.jpg

IsteRed

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Я никогда не мог его бой - Я слишком уважаю.

This literally translates to-"I never could his fight-i respect too much."

Just thought it's funny
tounge.gif

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today's suit is new - a replacement for a 20-year-old suit that I had bought at Paul Stuart originally. As my usual dumping ground for excess cash, Brooks Bros., didn't have a POW glen plaid suit this season, I went back to the original scene of the crime. I hope that I did the right thing.

For the record:
Suit - Paul Stuart
Shirt - Lewin
Tie - Lewin
Braces - Paul Stuart
Cufflinks - Budd, London
Shoes - Bergdorf Goodman house brand

FWIW, and have at it, but, if anyone uses the word "boxy" in their critique of today's fit, I will hunt you down and smack you senseless - this suit is as form-fitting as my form will take.

IMGP0556478x1280.jpg

IMGP0555451x1280.jpg

IMGP0553965x1280.jpg

IMGP0554851x1280.jpg

spoozy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by upr_crust
...[/IMG]
Nice one, crusty!
Originally Posted by Kent Wang
Awesome shawl collar on the db!
Originally Posted by Navi
Didn´t receive the love it should have get...well played, nephew!
Originally Posted by banis
Masterclass.
Originally Posted by chrisb0109
Bravo!
Originally Posted by mafoofan
Hmmm....i like the colourplay, but somehow it always looks as if proportions are slightly out of touch...might be the camera angle, though...
Originally Posted by MBreinin
Aprroving of it!
Originally Posted by ndw
Cheers!
Originally Posted by Spong
Private lable brand from a local men´s wear store..
Originally Posted by MBreinin
Yeah, seconding the thought on the collar issue. Will work out a way not to have to throw away 50% of my shirts and still satisfy you and me
wink.gif
Originally Posted by Mannix
Can you get me one?
wink.gif
Cheers, crusty. The marching band had it´s day off today...still it seems as if a faint echo of music is in the air...
Not getting sold on the black shoes with blue Suit thing (burn me), but i like that.
Originally Posted by IST66
Consistently top of the notch.
Originally Posted by Phat Guido
Damn, that´s an awesome coat / suit...
Originally Posted by Big A
Lifestyle pics rock! After yesterday´s headturner, returning back to modesty...:
5712398489_d64b06f1cf_z.jpg
5712959212_96ca2b3a68_z.jpg
5712959026_fa4d4c7a85_z.jpg
Note to self: shave.now.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Thanks - Nope, this is RTW - Corneliani. I just discovered their ties and the quality is fantastic. If you have not tried any, you should. Very, very well made. This is a slubby silk, not quite shantung, not a tussah. It almost feels like chenille, which is kind of awesome. Always feels "wet" if that makes sense.

Cool. I'm familiar with their tailored items, but never tried on their ties. It really does look great.

Originally Posted by sartorialism
Hey, guys! What's it been, months, since I last posted in a WAYWN thread? Anyway, yesterday's getup was fun, so it inspired me to get back here.

photo.jpg

God help me, I actually really like this. Except the socks.

The shirt is lots of fun.

Thoughts?
EnV3Z.jpg
[/SPOILER]

WTF is going on in this photo? Is it two pics stitched together?! If so, why...?
uhoh.gif

Originally Posted by Crat
2yw93yv.jpg
[/SPOILER]

Very interesting. The soft browns are an unusual but good choice.

Originally Posted by IST66
5-45.jpg
Great look. Will steal the concept to use with my own bright blue trousers.

Originally Posted by Big A
Friend as human sushi table, her plastic surgeon is very proud .... I spread dollar bills around her later in the evening to class it up a little

Good to have you posting a bit more again. Your commentary is always on-point!

Originally Posted by NOBD
Variation on a theme"”what's new? Er, the trousers.

What colour are they; a very pale blue?

IMGP0556478x1280.jpg
I like the fresh spring colours, and the fit is very decent too.

Originally Posted by spoozy
After yesterday´s headturner, returning back to modesty...

Modest or not, it looks good. I'm not a massive fan of knit ties generally, but if you're going to wear them, I think they look best in this kind of casual outfit. Nice. A narrower spread on the shirt collar, and less square showing and it would be spot on.

The weather can't make up its mind as whether it's sunny or cloudy, so I'm hoping to force its hand by wearing cream linen...

WRWZP.jpg

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Need to employ some serious managerial skills today. Breaking the news to my team that I got a promotion and they will no longer be under my expert tutelage. So, went with purple, a calming color. Holdfast - did I get that right, psychologically?
a0cd69e4.jpg
4026a904.jpg
ccabf7a7.jpg

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Congrats, was it a good promotion, or one of those "congrats, more work same pay" promotions?

gregaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by IsteRed
This literally translates to-"I never could his fight-i respect too much." Just thought it's funny
tounge.gif

If you ever auto translate something, quickly auto translate it back into original language for extra hilarity. Like this: Если вы когда-нибудь автоматический перевод-то, быстро автоматически переводить его обратно в оригинальный язык для дополнительного веселья. If you ever have automatic translation of something, quickly and automatically translate it back into the original language for extra fun. Hmm ... that's actually pretty good. What did you use Spoo? Google Translate seems to work really well. Хм ... , что на самом деле очень хорошо. Что вы используете Spoo? Google Translate, кажется, работает очень хорошо. Hmm ... That is actually very good. What do you use Spoo? Google Translate, it seems to be working very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads