• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Imhoff

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by venessian
Yeah, I don't really understand that.
DPOY is by writers and broadcasters, All-NBA D is by the coaches.

Bit of a disconnect between the 2:

2010-11_nbadefensiveplayer.jpg

So how in the hell did Iggy get on the second team and Grant Hill did not?

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by venessian
Wow, that's kind of shocking and sad, considering how long Kobe and Fish have known each other. I've heard that Kobe is very private, but that seems a bit extreme.

There was a good article earlier this year in SI re: OKC. Those guys hang out together all the time and apparently all get along well.

Some people are just like that, much more friendly. With OKCs case, they are all kids so they get along well. Same with Miami, Lebron and Wade are practically brothers and Bosh their sister.

Kobe is an introvert though, he's always been awkward with others and I think that is how he manages to focus on his game so much. He doesn't have that entourage like others do, which can be viewed as a good thing. Travelling from Philly to Italy with his dad probably made it difficult to make close friends and marrying his HS girlfriend kind of show how much dude has really been out there. But still, I think if you have been teammates for a a couple of years, you're bound to hang with each other with your wifeys and chicks either get along really well or just hate each other, there doesn't seem to be a middle ground here.
lol8[1].gif

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
**** yeah!!! Needed that OT to go 3-1. I'm sure you guys are all excited as I am

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
might be bosh's coming out party

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HRoi
**** yeah!!! Needed that OT to go 3-1. I'm sure you guys are all excited as I am

chance to close out game before overtime....
ffffuuuu.gif

still rondo was more of a liability now with the arm... now I turn into an "anyone but the heat" fan.

I seem to remember bosh being funny and relaxed in his youtube vids/interviews on talkshows... but now he's totally socially awkward its either he's deer in the headlights or overly yelling at normal shots made.

CBrown85

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ack. Five minutes to go. Can't feel my arms. Vancouver better pull this off.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Who cares who chills with who at birthdays and stuff? Do duncan, manu and parker all chill at each other's pads watching the superbowl and grilling out? Jordan pretty much just wanted to golf and gamble when he wasn't playing basketball. Him and oak were tight but i don't think he and bill wennington attended their kids' first communion. It's a job. Obviously has never made a difference in terms of nba success. People always talk about chemistry and whatnot but all that matters is on-court chemistry and teamwork

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Who cares who chills with who at birthdays and stuff? Do duncan, manu and parker all chill at each other's pads watching the superbowl and grilling out? Jordan pretty much just wanted to golf and gamble when he wasn't playing basketball. Him and oak were tight but i don't think he and bill wennington attended their kids' first communion. It's a job. Obviously has never made a difference in terms of nba success. People always talk about chemistry and whatnot but all that matters is on-court chemistry and teamwork

+1 we fans like to pretend that these teams are "bands of brothers" and imagine all kinds of dramas and storylines, but they're millionaires going to work. sometimes they get along well off the court; sometimes not. i don't think it really has much of an impact as far as what they do on the court.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What a game. If Memphis pulls off this win then I am rooting for them all the way. No Conley, no Mayo, they'd have to pull some incredible **** to finish the second overtime to win.

Reaction score
Seems like Greivis Vasquez can only hit shots when he's bumped or bothered
eh.gif

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn, these guys are hitting everything except the OT game winners! What a war though. Memphis is very impressive.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads