NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Imhoff

Imhoff Senior member

Yeah, I don't really understand that.
    DPOY is by writers and broadcasters, All-NBA D is by the coaches.

Bit of a disconnect between the 2:

[​IMG]

So how in the hell did Iggy get on the second team and Grant Hill did not?

2. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Wow, that's kind of shocking and sad, considering how long Kobe and Fish have known each other. I've heard that Kobe is very private, but that seems a bit extreme.

There was a good article earlier this year in SI re: OKC. Those guys hang out together all the time and apparently all get along well.

Some people are just like that, much more friendly. With OKCs case, they are all kids so they get along well. Same with Miami, Lebron and Wade are practically brothers and Bosh their sister.

Kobe is an introvert though, he's always been awkward with others and I think that is how he manages to focus on his game so much. He doesn't have that entourage like others do, which can be viewed as a good thing. Travelling from Philly to Italy with his dad probably made it difficult to make close friends and marrying his HS girlfriend kind of show how much dude has really been out there. But still, I think if you have been teammates for a a couple of years, you're bound to hang with each other with your wifeys and chicks either get along really well or just hate each other, there doesn't seem to be a middle ground here. [​IMG]

3. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Fuck yeah!!! Needed that OT to go 3-1. I'm sure you guys are all excited as I am

4. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

So Bosh stepped up, that's nice

5. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

might be bosh's coming out party

6. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

Fuck yeah!!! Needed that OT to go 3-1. I'm sure you guys are all excited as I am

chance to close out game before overtime.... [​IMG]

still rondo was more of a liability now with the arm... now I turn into an "anyone but the heat" fan.

I seem to remember bosh being funny and relaxed in his youtube vids/interviews on talkshows... but now he's totally socially awkward its either he's deer in the headlights or overly yelling at normal shots made.

7. CBrown85

CBrown85 Senior member

Ack. Five minutes to go. Can't feel my arms. Vancouver better pull this off.

8. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

Who cares who chills with who at birthdays and stuff? Do duncan, manu and parker all chill at each other's pads watching the superbowl and grilling out? Jordan pretty much just wanted to golf and gamble when he wasn't playing basketball. Him and oak were tight but i don't think he and bill wennington attended their kids' first communion. It's a job. Obviously has never made a difference in terms of nba success. People always talk about chemistry and whatnot but all that matters is on-court chemistry and teamwork

9. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement
    Who cares who chills with who at birthdays and stuff? Do duncan, manu and parker all chill at each other's pads watching the superbowl and grilling out? Jordan pretty much just wanted to golf and gamble when he wasn't playing basketball. Him and oak were tight but i don't think he and bill wennington attended their kids' first communion. It's a job. Obviously has never made a difference in terms of nba success. People always talk about chemistry and whatnot but all that matters is on-court chemistry and teamwork

+1 we fans like to pretend that these teams are "bands of brothers" and imagine all kinds of dramas and storylines, but they're millionaires going to work. sometimes they get along well off the court; sometimes not. i don't think it really has much of an impact as far as what they do on the court.

10. venessian

venessian Senior member

Wow, OKC-MEM is a great game.

11. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

What a game. If Memphis pulls off this win then I am rooting for them all the way. No Conley, no Mayo, they'd have to pull some incredible shit to finish the second overtime to win.

12. sexandcandy

sexandcandy Senior member

Best game of these playoffs so far.

13. 13k

13k Senior member

Seems like Greivis Vasquez can only hit shots when he's bumped or bothered [​IMG]

14. matik23

matik23 Senior member

Vasquez having flashbacks during his UMD days. Wooooo

15. venessian

venessian Senior member

Damn, these guys are hitting everything except the OT game winners! What a war though. Memphis is very impressive.