• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Digmenow
Please explain that PS so that I might better understand.

Ivory silk, folded in half. The arms crossed (SpooPose) pic made it creep up ever so slightly on the right (my left). Is that what you meant?

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Ivory silk, folded in half. The arms crossed (SpooPose) pic made it creep up ever so slightly on the right (my left). Is that what you meant?
I don't get the ivory part. Is it just a warm counterpoint to all the blue?

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Digmenow
I don't get the ivory part. Is it just a warm counterpoint to all the blue?

Its the plainest option. The suit itself is the center of the attention, all the other accessories should be quiet to provide counterbalance. I chose silk as opposed to linen because the slubby shantung tie is "dry", the cash/silk suit is a "medium wet" so I thought the PS should be "glossy".

mktitsworth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I forgot I mixed in the 10% extra WIN
blush.gif

Yours just goes up to 11.

acridsheep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't think of anything funny or special to commemorate my 10,000th post, so I'm just going to mark it with a thank you to everyone who I have learned so much from. Hopefully, a great fit too for a gorgeous spring day in NY:
d725cc84.jpg

cb9f71b0.jpg

738f46f0.jpg

cc0e0237.jpg

No better way to commemorate it than this fit.

wannabe

Reaction score
Welcome to the thread - and thanks for the namecheck
biggrin.gif
Tie might be a little wider with that jacket, and the shirt is kind of meh... the shoes should definitely be upgraded, but Ive seen much worse first posts, so you can do it!!! Also, a closer detail shot would help with the shirt/tie/jacket/ps combo critique as well.

Thanks Spoo! Got a wider tie today per your suggestion, hope it's better. Are my pants too short? They looked pretty good with other shoes, but with these...meh. Shoes? Yay or nay? Checking out everyone's posts makes me want a patterned jacket. Argh!
WAYWT5611.jpg
Blazer: Chaps & Twigs Shirt: American Eagle Tie: Italian Pure Silk Pants: Volcom Chino Shoes: Unknown

Liquidus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That spiked, mohawk-like hair is very un-MC. Do you dress like this for work or school?

wannabe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Liquidus
That spiked, mohawk-like hair is very un-MC. Do you dress like this for work or school?

Just the way the hair's cut; it grows out. Do you have any suggestions with what I should do with it?

I dress like this for school. Got laid off a couple months ago, so concentrating on school for the time-being.

AndrewRogers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by banis
It's nice to see you back!

Thanks! I will reply to any PMs and e-mails I am yet to read ASAP.

And here are a few from 32 hours before binging on Japanese food. My excuse for wearing the same tie and shirt are that I had no sleep in between the gallery and the food, 32 hours later ...

5695708106_7718c39658_b.jpg

And a bit later, after more wine ...

5695133773_fd0e941b78_b.jpg

Liquidus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm Asian like you but I just have my hair cut short and even. I never liked the idea of spiked hair but that's just my opinion. Don't you feel like it clashes with the navy blazer?

I would never wear pants that show my socks while standing still.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by srivats
TB ... where you usually get your shirts from? Next batch of shirts you buy, consider going with more muted patterns than what you have now. Wear more solids - specifically cream, white and blue.

Sri. Please. No! Leave cream to the elderly.

Originally Posted by AndrewRogers
5694438199_0fce334c60_o.jpg

Good to see you here, Andrew. Keep posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads