HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

TTO, you look amazing lately. I'm actually jealous. Great job man, everything seems to fit well and look good.

2. Ianiceman

Ianiceman Senior member

TTO, you look amazing lately. I'm actually jealous. Great job man, everything seems to fit well and look good.

Cosigning this post. The trimmed barnet and beard are working well too. The other day I saw a photo and thought 'I don't wear brown, I don't wear pinstripes and I'm not crazy about DB suits and yet that was among the best photos I've seen in a long while'. Well done TTO.

3. MBreinin

MBreinin Senior member

Mike, you Rock that hat dude!
    What where you celebrating, or does this shit just happen in N.O. ?
    -TTO

LOL, Cinqo de Mayo!!!

My guess is either Cinqo de Mayo or mike has outed himself and joined a gay mariachi band as lead tambourinist![​IMG]

LOL. Mike plays the GUITAR, people. With scowl.

Ahh, should have been able to figure that out for myself...funny, I thought Mike played the triangle!
    -TTO

[​IMG]

Only in a three-way [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not warm enough for the Linen/mohair DB in the end so this is what I wore out for my birthday drinks!
    -TTO

I see those ties are getting some good use, Theo!!!

Mike

4. interval

interval Member

TTO -- What kind of suit is that, if you don't mind me asking? It's great.

5. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Bearded Prick Dubiously Honored

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Good stuff, Spoo

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [/spoiler]

I'll endorse the combo, Señor Crust

[​IMG] [/spoiler]
    Drunk
    -TTO

Been there. I hope the morning was kind to you.

Ole', Motherfuckers!!! [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    ¡Viva!

feeling blue!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Not sold on the similarity between tie and PS

6. Neofinitia

Neofinitia Senior member

Thanks mates for the kind words.

Still on the move. Jumping from there...
    [​IMG]

....to here.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Being a secret agent man is such tough work.
    [​IMG]

Don't hate [​IMG]

7. luftvier

luftvier Senior member

Are we having fun yet? Switched to white PS w tv fold and Bass Weejuns after this shot. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

8. Threadbearer

Threadbearer Senior member

Outside the Beltway but still in the Danger Zone
    TB ... where you usually get your shirts from? Next batch of shirts you buy, consider going with more muted patterns than what you have now. Wear more solids - specifically cream, white and blue.

Your tie selection has improved vastly and you have nice indiviudal items but your outfits need to be more cohesive in terms of color. If you want examples, Manton and Parker do this really well. Note that you don't have to get expensive items to get this cohesive look.

Thanks for the ideas, srivats. I actually used to wear a lot of solid shirts, but that was back when I also wore loud, patterned ties. Now that I've classed up my neckties a bit (by toning them down), I thought I should give them a better background so I've been branching out into checks and stripes. That said, however, I do plan to order a few more solids from MyTailor.com -- the source of most of my shirts these days -- and I'll also be adding another subdued check or two. In addition, based on wide consensus from my WAYWRN brethren, I'm ordering all my new shirts with wider spread collars.

I'd like to better understand your point about color cohesion. I've made a big effort over the past year to tone down my shirt and tie colors, and I've also broken my old habit of always pairing a solid shirt in a light color with a necktie in a darker shade of that same color. Give me some more pointers on making my color combos more cohesive without sending me back in the direction of slavish harmonizing, as seen here in some of my earliest WAYWRN posts:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Cosigning this TB. You are one of my favourite posters in WAYWRN and have pretty much nailed the CBD look, trim and well fitting. My only slight criticism is that as king of monochrome your pictures sometimes look a bit drab for my tastes, I would be more inclined to throw in some more colourful ties and squares. Didn't know you were a teacher. If more teachers dressed half as good as you there may even be some hope for the future![​IMG]
    It's deeply gratifying to learn that there are members here who look forward to my posts. Thanks for letting me know that, Ian. [​IMG] Be careful what you ask for, though, regarding color. This is where I was on that front almost exactly a year ago:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Yikes, right? [​IMG] I think I'm much better off erring on the conservative side. Besides, at 51 I probably ought to be angling more toward classy and understated than toward bold and brassy. Yes, I realize that there's lots of middle ground in between, but I doubt my ability to safely occupy that territory.

I would LOVE to hear from more members about how I did last week. I can't get better without feedback, gents, so let me have it!
    http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...postcount=2935

9. wannabe

wannabe Senior member

I'm Asian like you but I just have my hair cut short and even. I never liked the idea of spiked hair but that's just my opinion. Don't you feel like it clashes with the navy blazer?

I would never wear pants that show my socks while standing still.

Do you wax? I just got used to spiking hair after 7+ years of doing it; my hair grows like crazy because at the end of this month, it'll grow about 2-3 inches from what it is now.

Sent you a PM, btw.

10. Ianiceman

Ianiceman Senior member

@Threadbearer, wow! I haven't been on the forum for a year yet but as they used to say on Virginia Slims adverts, you've come a long way baby!

I've seen you mention before your formerly ... 'eccentric' taste in ties had a hard time picturing it. you've clearly found your niche more recently so keep on keepin on!

11. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Senior member

Arman jacket
    Brioni shirt
    Brioni pant
    NM belt
    Armani socks
    Romano bluchers
    Creed cologne
    Concord watch

12. Chico2007

Chico2007 Senior member

From last night on our way out to a retirement party.
    SC is Hart Schaffner Marx. It is the "Golden Bear", half lined, with silver buttons with little golf clubs on them. As a (bad) golfer I thought I liked them , but considering swapping them out. Maybe the sleeves are a bit short too.
    Tie is an old Brooks Bros. with sentimental value. I purchased it at the store that was once across from the WTC when I was working in tower 2 (64th floor).
    [​IMG]

13. softy

softy Senior member

Don't hate [​IMG]

[​IMG] This is starting to get out of hand. Where next, Mars?

14. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

15. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.