• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrDaniels

And a scowl for both days? I think the Dupioni looks amazing, and truly the mark of a gentleman that one actually has a suit that is perfect for garden parties (we will wait until you are invited to the races to see your full Morning Suit)...but I would have been shaking in my boots anytime someone got within five feet of me with an hors d'oeuvres or cocktail. Did your dapperness survive the event?
laugh.gif

ETA: I think the accessories with the Dupioni are spot-on as well, forgot to mention that...

I will learn how to smile, I promise. I survived....no major stains!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by ctp120
Like the cloth here, but these look to have a disproportionately high front rise. Maybe it's just the pic?

Dupioni from the other pic is very nice; great color.

They are a bit high in the rise. It is not too high though. Polo, of course.

Originally Posted by spoozy

First fit: i think a darker ps would have been better. But nice shoez!
Second fit: great stuff, i might have preffered a brown or tan tie, taking up the colour of the trou. Apart from that, a winner!

Darker? Ok, maybe. I was trying to look very "springy," thus the pink, as opposed to white.

Those pants are black, white and blue. I guess the blend made them seem to have brown tones.

Originally Posted by Holdfast
Really excellent colours and nice fit. Top notch, I'd say.

More closed fronts or a lower buttoning point on the jacket would probably suit the rise of those trousers better. Are the trousers part of a suit normally, by any chance? I have that issue with one or two suits; if I wear their trousers separately, it has to be in winter when I can add an odd waistcoat or jumper to mask the rise.

Yeah, they are orphaned suit pants. I think they would be perfect with a slim fitting DB.

Originally Posted by Neofinitia
MBreinin, you rock. Love the salvo of fits.

worship.gif
worship.gif
And, you are my hero, Neo. Thanks!!!

Originally Posted by Neofinitia
So you know my story here (or there)...

Picture967.jpg

Picture985.jpg

Picture1091-1.jpg

Picture1506-1.jpg

Picture1662-1.jpg

Picture1263.jpg

See you on the next jump.

Full requote for awesomeness.

Mike

Mannix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Navi
Shoes are dope. Deets?

Thanks! Magnanni, S/S 2009 if I remember correctly.

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I were forced to assume someone's life on this forum based on the WAYWRN pictures alone I'd be torn between Spoo and Neofinitia.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
I have a new assistant starting today. Thank god!
ef25d1be.jpg

Spoomeister, am I mistaken, or is today's tie Charvet? No one else makes silk jacquard quite so reflective, or am I wrong?

Elegant, as always, and authoritative as well - perfect for the first day of playing the boss with a new employee.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Im absolutely knackered from a ridiculously busy day of training
ffffuuuu.gif
and teh new asst is most defininitely SF approved
laugh.gif
Mike - Pants look much better with cuffs Holdfast - Great red pants. Cant wait to wear mine. Are they Panta? Spoozy - That seems dangerously close to a SpooPose....
confused.gif
(great fit though) PatrickBOOTH - MOAR. Fabric looks great. Too much break in the pants though
laugh.gif
Lufty - Go USA! Threadbearer -Another SpooPose? Make sure you pay the royalties on the way out, please. Crusty - Im feeeeeeeling the cowboy boots!! To all those who commented today, thanks. The tie is a Charvet, purchased at the Vendome boutique in Paris. The PS appears matchy-ish, but the tie was grey/yellow and the PS was hunter green with yellow tips.
Originally Posted by acecow
If I were forced to assume someone's life on this forum based on the WAYWRN pictures alone I'd be torn between Spoo and Neofinitia.
Yeah, OK. Im Mr. Rogers compared to Neo.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
Eh... she was shown the door, unfortunately. New assistant > HR headache
redface.gif

Yours?

Left me...but cried when she quit and texts me every day since she left
confused.gif

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
5667412797_314259f133_b1.jpg

they show a fair amount of being beaten down?

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by upr_crust
I was fully prepared to take a load of isht about the boots, though not necessarily expecting it from you - an honest opinion, at least.

yep, that's indeed irritating.

they are outstandingly nice. what leather are they made of? it's hard to judge from this picture. can you do a close up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads