HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acecow

acecow Senior member

Thanks. I agree on the v-neck. The shoes are my beaters. They're too wide, too long, and too boxy so I rarely wear them except on days where I don't want to subject other shoes to the elements. As for sleeker, well, I have these on order:

[​IMG]

but that will be a few months, and would definitely not be in this weather. As far as jackets go, I've been out trying things on seeing how they look, doing all that recently, but not really liking anything. The back of my shoulder seems to have an odd slope that doesn't fit well RTW. So, I've been putting together a list of details and am pretty well decided on my next big jacket/suit purchase being bespoke.

Beautiful shoes! [​IMG]

2. Neofinitia

Neofinitia Senior member

MBreinin, you rock. Love the salvo of fits.

3. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Senior member

Malo jacket
    Zegna shirt
    Incotex pant
    NM belt
    Armani socks
    testoni monkstraps
    MJ cologne
    GP watch

4. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Senior member

Lake Tahoe ...

The perfect postcard picture: "Wish you were here!" [​IMG]

I hope you are enjoying the beautiful scenery.

5. Mannix

Mannix Senior member

[​IMG] [​IMG] I rarely post on here, as the average day in college does not warrant a tie and jacket. But today did... For the record, I put a white linen pocket square (tv fold) in after the picture. No full body shot unfortunately.

6. Neofinitia

Neofinitia Senior member

So you know my story here (or there)... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] See you on the next jump.

7. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. forex

forex Senior member

Nice suit,Rob. Not feeling the patch pockets though,I think the fabric screams for flap pockets.

9. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

So you know my story here (or there)... [​IMG] [​IMG] See you on the next jump.
    Dude, you're not Neo, you're James effing Bond. We're you in Pakistan last night?
    Nice suit,Rob. Not feeling the patch pockets though,I think the fabric screams for flap pockets.
    Thanks, I agree...it was originally a SC, but the hopsack wasn't apparent enough and it just looked like an orphaned suit jacket. I don't mind too much though, as in my job, and in most circles I'm in, no one would know a patch pocket from a pocket knife! [​IMG]

10. Edgar Allan Pwn

Edgar Allan Pwn Senior member

Been a while. Here's a suit I purchased from Mike. Only took it ever-so-slightly right under the pits. I think the sleeves might be slightly short but still within acceptable range. Mike we're shockingly close in size. You have to sell me all your hand-me-downs. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. luftvier

luftvier Senior member

[​IMG]
    YES. Love the patch pockets w/ the waistcoat
    Been a while. Here's a suit I purchased from Mike. Only took it ever-so-slightly right under the pits. I think the sleeves might be slightly short but still within acceptable range. Mike we're shockingly close in size. You have to sell me all your hand-me-downs. [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

EAP, I am not a fan of this suit on you. You'd benefit from a lower buttoning point and more open quarters. I'd also let the sleeves out a 1/4". Additionally, the tie is a tad too narrow for the lapels, which makes your torso look disproportionate. Maybe a foof is in order?

12. pvrhye

pvrhye Senior member

Looking much better these days. I'd look for wider ties if I were you. You're kinda a big guy, so you're dominating the one you have on.

13. Edgar Allan Pwn

Edgar Allan Pwn Senior member

Actually I agree on the tie vs. the lapels. I never really understood the connection but it's as plain as day to me now.

I'm not sure how much lower the button can get before I'm in two-roll-one territory. But I see what you're saying about the quarters. That aside, fit-wise, I feel it's the best suit I have at the moment.

14. Navi

Navi Senior member

I have a new assistant starting today. Thank god!
    [​IMG]

MATCHY MATCHY [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Nah not that big of a deal but I would've preferred a different PS choice. What tie is that if you don't mind me asking? Looks great.

Good move! Or as Clint Eastwood's character said in Heartbreak Ridge, " You adapt. You overcome. You improvise."
    Molto bene!!
    Cheers! Luckily I had the white one because the plaid one was a total miss. No idea why I picked that out this morning.... [​IMG]

It does look better, yes.

I don't like that particular tan shade of shoes with navy. Lots of people do, I think, but it looks a bit off to me.

Thanks. What color would you have preferred instead? Dark brown would've worked, I think, but I don't have a good pair in dark brown... It's next on my list.

[​IMG]
    Shoes are dope. Deets?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.