1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MBreinin

MBreinin Senior member

Very early today. Sorry for the bad light. Also, windy. Kept blowing my pants around.

Have a good one,

Mike

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. tesuquegolfer

tesuquegolfer Senior member

[​IMG]

I myself like the overall color scheme but is the right jacket sleeve an inch shorter than the other, or is it the pose? Glad to see the jeans with balmorals so I can see how they look, I like. I love the AE Strand in Walnut and keep coming close to pulling the trigger but wonder how they will look with a more casual outfit, maybe now I'll go for it.

3. MrDaniels

MrDaniels Senior member

Very early today. Sorry for the bad light. Also, windy. Kept blowing my pants around. Have a good one, Mike [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I'd say he looks like an FBI agent, but FBI agents don't dress that well. (absolutely rock solid...gives one hope that this will be a good week for the sartorial arts)

4. Kappelan

Kappelan Senior member

5. Lumme

Lumme Member

Nice Speedy!

Thank you very much [​IMG]

6. niidawg3

niidawg3 Senior member

Rainy day in the A
    [​IMG]

cotton/wool/cashmere/cotton
    [​IMG]

7. Ianiceman

Ianiceman Senior member

Good to see you back!

Awesome.

How about this? Why don't you post some pictures of yourself? Until then, shut the fuck up.

Mike

So critique is only valid if you post pictures?
    Hasn't that been debated at length before?
    What if I only ever posted positive comments, would you still tell me to fuck off?
    Calm down dear it's only a message board. [​IMG]

8. mktitsworth

mktitsworth Senior member

Ah yes. Monday again.
    [​IMG]

This looks off to me. The shoulders look giant in comparisson to the hips and ankle, and there's not a whole lot of defined suppression at the waist so that you look distorted. Is this just an artifact of the photograph? [​IMG]

9. spoozy

spoozy Senior member

The odd trou look:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Crat

Crat Senior member

Hm I don't like the shoes; too pointy but I rarely fancy derbys anyway.
    The trousers seem out of place but I like the combination of the Jacket, shirt and tie.

11. jasonmarshalljazz

jasonmarshalljazz Senior member

12. Crat

Crat Senior member

I myself like the overall color scheme but is the right jacket sleeve an inch shorter than the other, or is it the pose? Glad to see the jeans with balmorals so I can see how they look, I like. I love the AE Strand in Walnut and keep coming close to pulling the trigger but wonder how they will look with a more casual outfit, maybe now I'll go for it.
    Thanks! Regarding the sleeve; its the pose. I quite like wearing formal shoes in combination with casual outfits. (often just jeans and a plain white (t-)shirt) The AE Strand looks like a nice shoe, these are EG asquiths btw.

13. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Good eye, tits. This is one of the older suits in my arsenal ('07) and it has some extra shoulder padding that needs to be surgically removed. There is waist suppression, but it's also a bit big in the chest. It's not the best fitting thing I own, but until it goes under the knife it does it's job for a dark mood and a cold, rainy Monday.

This looks off to me. The shoulders look giant in comparisson to the hips and ankle, and there's not a whole lot of defined suppression at the waist so that you look distorted. Is this just an artifact of the photograph? [​IMG]

14. jasonmarshalljazz

jasonmarshalljazz Senior member

Rainy day in the A
    [​IMG]

cotton/wool/cashmere/cotton
    [​IMG]

hmm... I wore this last week:
    [​IMG]

15. luftvier

luftvier Senior member

Meh. Wish I was wearing a white shirt.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. MBreinin

MBreinin Senior member

So critique is only valid if you post pictures?
    Hasn't that been debated at length before?
    What if I only ever posted positive comments, would you still tell me to fuck off?
    Calm down dear it's only a message board. [​IMG]

No, but it certainly helps establish if your critiques are valid, or you are clueless. Frankly, I am weary of people coming in here and doing nothing more than posting critique, good or bad.

Further, you are a particularly opinionated and nasty critic. When someone takes that approach, I think they need to have something in which to back up their critique. You have nothing.

Telling Crusty to stop posting is just an example of your trademark style. The fact of the matter is that this thread is on life support, and needs quality posters. Crusty's style may not be my style, or yours for that matter, but telling him to stop posting is counterproductive. Equally as counterproductive is attacking an old poster who is dipping his feet in the water again.

Mike

17. luftvier

luftvier Senior member

- UC - so maybe you could have passed up on posting, since you already know the shortcomings of the fit? If you already didn't know the fit deserved a "load of isht" (in your words) i would understand, but your self admission makes me struggle to understand why you still chose to post it (or wear it - i argue you can still dress well in rainy weather, but that is another discussion for another day)
    - we either need to be more selective of what is posted in this thread or not complain when it gets bashed.

+1 on most of what Nii said, especially @ Crusty. Have you noticed how some very good posters seem to post less pics these days? Urban Comp, TC Houston, Cogburn, Pandarts et al? If/when they return no doubt they will be welcomed.
    You don't have to post every day especially when (each to his own, but IMO) your pics have become so painfully predictable and boring. Boxy shiny suit, baroque tie/PS, unnecessarily verbose and self deprecating preamble ... rinse and repeat. Why not take a break for a while or pick your best couple of fits from a week and post them?

Nii's disclaimer applies here too.

I disagree. It's nice to see things that don't work here and discuss why they don't. Even the best-dressed have off days (see e.g. Spoo's suit today [sorry Spoo]).

One can learn more from mistakes than from successess, as trite as that sounds - for example, most of my posts here in WAYWRN.

The odd trou look:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Solid trou might have made this work. Odd pinstriped trou look out of place here. With the pins, there's simply too many conflicting patterns, imo.

18. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I disagree. It's nice to see things that don't work here and discuss why they don't. Even the best-dressed have off days (see e.g. Spoo's suit today [sorry Spoo]).

One can learn more from mistakes than from successess, as trite as that sounds - for example, most of my posts here in WAYWRN.

No need to apologize to me, as I mentioned - I know the fit is off on my jacket. But +1 on learning more from mistakes than successes - when one provides the feedback constructively of course.

19. Ebonyman

Ebonyman Senior member

Spoozy: Consider me a fan. You have an obvious flair for coordination and damn good taste.

JasonMarshal: I like your style. Never the same old accessories or combinations. Another man with a great eye for coordinating color/patterns and texture.

Well done gentlemen!

[​IMG]

20. luftvier

luftvier Senior member

No need to apologize to me, as I mentioned - I know the fit is off on my jacket. But +1 on learning more from mistakes than successes - when one provides the feedback constructively of course.

And members posting the misses that they KNOW are misses are helpful for the forum to explain why. This why I think that Upr_C posting (or you, or anyone else) when he knows it's a miss is just fine.

We can learn from mistakes that we might have thought OK when we threw them on in the morning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.