• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zissou
I'll take two if they come with a cute redhead
wink.gif

+1 She was the first thing I noticed.

Local_Disk

Reaction score
SVB lives by the motto "disregard women, acquire Epaulet shirts".

However, getting girls happens to be one of the many great benefits from following it, as you can see.

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
LOL @ all of the above.

BTW, received my tan moleskin Walts today. As expected, they are uber soft and luxurious. Thinking I will probably have my tailor do these up with 1.75" cuffs. Now just eagerly awaiting delivery of my cranberry madras -- no surprise that demand for all the new madras shirts was apparently way high. I'm buying way too many clothes; the earlier posts accusing Mike of dealing crack are fairly accurate...

scourage

Reaction score
yup, and I think I might make that one more cranberry madras. Love the colors and pattern. Not sure about the bright white, would probably prefer a more subdued cream, but love everything else, and the fit of these is superb for me

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren
LOL @ all of the above.

BTW, received my tan moleskin Walts today. As expected, they are uber soft and luxurious. Thinking I will probably have my tailor do these up with 1.75" cuffs. Now just eagerly awaiting delivery of my cranberry madras -- no surprise that demand for all the new madras shirts was apparently way high. I'm buying way too many clothes; the earlier posts accusing Mike of dealing crack are fairly accurate...

Stanley,

What are the moleskins like? Are they heavy? I've wanted to grab a pair but my mind is on spring/summer (even though it is supposed to snow tonight). Are they okay for warmer weather?

scourage

Reaction score
^^^
felt the cloth in store. seemed pretty warm to me. Definitely not summer, but should be fine this time of year, most of the time

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PorterInjax
Stanley, What are the moleskins like? Are they heavy? I've wanted to grab a pair but my mind is on spring/summer (even though it is supposed to snow tonight). Are they okay for warmer weather?
I'd say they're pretty heavy. Not something I'd wear if it's any hotter than the mid-high 60s. It's a really great cloth though, great pants for the fall.

AHShadow

Reaction score
Hey SVB,

May I know which model is the Blue BD??

Thanks!

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
qjF7Z.jpg

Moleskins.

Since these are just out of the box, I turned up the cuffs -- these are way larger than what I actually intend to end up with but you can sort of get the idea of how these will look with cuffs.

Stanley,

What are the moleskins like? Are they heavy? I've wanted to grab a pair but my mind is on spring/summer (even though it is supposed to snow tonight). Are they okay for warmer weather?

They are heavy. I work in one of the hottest parts of LA (in the valley) but our office is over-airconditioned at all times so I will probably wear these even in the summer. If you aren't dealing with 68 degrees inside for the majority of the day, I'd probably recommend against wearing these in summer.

Originally Posted by AHShadow
Hey SVB,

May I know which model is the Blue BD??

Thanks!

What? I do not understand this question. It's an Epaulet Blue OCBD. They might be out of them currently but you can get the blue oxford with the point collar which is pretty damn similar.

Are you asking me what size I wear? it's an XS.

bl@ster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got my Thorogood "Crazy Horse" 685's today and damn these are on point! Leather looks like it will develop a very rich patina. And the leather dressing in the box was a great bonus. Also picked up another pair of Smith Selvedge denim. Another satisfied customer.

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dusty
I'd say they're pretty heavy. Not something I'd wear if it's any hotter than the mid-high 60s. It's a really great cloth though, great pants for the fall.

+1

I've got the tan moleskins and the olive ones, and they go in storage in another month. The fabric is ridiculously soft, but the weight means I have to wait till September before I see them again. Time to bring on the linen and seersucker.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by palma
Brilliant shirts, will devour the Blue Plaid in M. Any word on the grape gingham (large check) returning?

PS: If anybody wants to sell theirs in M message me.

Thanks, we're grinding out all the new shirts as we speak. I don't have another Grape Gingham on the horizon, but we do have some more Navy Gingham shirts en-route. And plenty off new purple-based patterns and plaids.

Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren
cross-post from WAYWT, for anyone still wondering if they need a blue oxford from Epaulet...

Dope as always. Thanks for posting the shot?

Originally Posted by oboy_oboy
Mike: Are you restocking the OC button down collars in white and blue at some point?

Not in Epaulet shirting, but I'll have the Ashland OCBD in blue going live this evening. It's ridiculously nice, and some of the best oxford cloth I've ever felt. It's a perfect item if you like the Gitman Vintage fit.

Originally Posted by geoffmartin17
Just took a delivery of some rudy worsted trousers - best fitting pants i own, they even fit my big ass!

Thank you sir! My own big ass was the original model for the Rudy fit. Really glad that you like them.

Originally Posted by darnold
Hey Mike,

Give us a little tease on what Ashland stuff is coming!

Also: it is nearly impossible to find a decently cut black OCBD (or poplin, even). Please fix this problem as you have fixed so many others in the world of men's clothing. It may not get much wear, but it is still a wardrobe staple that I would be glad I had when I wanted it if only I could get it.

Coming soon, we'll have the Ashland online today.

For oxford cloth, I don't have access to a solid black, but we'll surely do a "black" oxford in the Fall, which is in reality a dark charcoal. It's black thread woven with natural thread.

Stanley,

The Moleskins are pretty heavy. They're a great pant for about 65 degrees and cooler. At the moment, I'm selling most of them to customers in Australia, Canada, San Francisco, Portland, and Seattle. For a lighter option, check out the Butterscotch canvas - it's a very similar color and it's great for warmer temps. We'll be restocking both Walt and Rudy in this fabric within the next few days.

Originally Posted by bl@ster
Just got my Thorogood "Crazy Horse" 685's today and damn these are on point! Leather looks like it will develop a very rich patina. And the leather dressing in the box was a great bonus. Also picked up another pair of Smith Selvedge denim. Another satisfied customer.

Nice, thanks so much for your order!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads