Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

I'll take two if they come with a cute redhead [​IMG]

+1 She was the first thing I noticed.

2. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Senior member

+1 She was the first thing I noticed.

Yup, same here. I was going to try and be a gentleman and not say anything I'll play follow the leader on this!
    [​IMG]

3. Local_Disk

Local_Disk Senior member

SVB lives by the motto "disregard women, acquire Epaulet shirts".

However, getting girls happens to be one of the many great benefits from following it, as you can see.

4. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Thumb Raider

LOL @ all of the above.

BTW, received my tan moleskin Walts today. As expected, they are uber soft and luxurious. Thinking I will probably have my tailor do these up with 1.75" cuffs. Now just eagerly awaiting delivery of my cranberry madras -- no surprise that demand for all the new madras shirts was apparently way high. I'm buying way too many clothes; the earlier posts accusing Mike of dealing crack are fairly accurate...

5. scourage

scourage Senior member

yup, and I think I might make that one more cranberry madras. Love the colors and pattern. Not sure about the bright white, would probably prefer a more subdued cream, but love everything else, and the fit of these is superb for me

6. PorterInjax

LOL @ all of the above.

BTW, received my tan moleskin Walts today. As expected, they are uber soft and luxurious. Thinking I will probably have my tailor do these up with 1.75" cuffs. Now just eagerly awaiting delivery of my cranberry madras -- no surprise that demand for all the new madras shirts was apparently way high. I'm buying way too many clothes; the earlier posts accusing Mike of dealing crack are fairly accurate...

Stanley,

What are the moleskins like? Are they heavy? I've wanted to grab a pair but my mind is on spring/summer (even though it is supposed to snow tonight). Are they okay for warmer weather?

7. scourage

scourage Senior member

^^^
    felt the cloth in store. seemed pretty warm to me. Definitely not summer, but should be fine this time of year, most of the time

8. dusty

dusty Senior member

Stanley, What are the moleskins like? Are they heavy? I've wanted to grab a pair but my mind is on spring/summer (even though it is supposed to snow tonight). Are they okay for warmer weather?
    I'd say they're pretty heavy. Not something I'd wear if it's any hotter than the mid-high 60s. It's a really great cloth though, great pants for the fall.

9. AHShadow

AHShadow Senior member

Hey SVB,

May I know which model is the Blue BD??

Thanks!

10. PorterInjax

11. sazon

sazon Senior member

Just b/c it hasn't been said in a while...

Mr. Ass-Cheeks.

Thank you.

12. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Thumb Raider

[​IMG]

Moleskins.

Since these are just out of the box, I turned up the cuffs -- these are way larger than what I actually intend to end up with but you can sort of get the idea of how these will look with cuffs.

Stanley,

What are the moleskins like? Are they heavy? I've wanted to grab a pair but my mind is on spring/summer (even though it is supposed to snow tonight). Are they okay for warmer weather?

They are heavy. I work in one of the hottest parts of LA (in the valley) but our office is over-airconditioned at all times so I will probably wear these even in the summer. If you aren't dealing with 68 degrees inside for the majority of the day, I'd probably recommend against wearing these in summer.

Hey SVB,

May I know which model is the Blue BD??

Thanks!

What? I do not understand this question. It's an Epaulet Blue OCBD. They might be out of them currently but you can get the blue oxford with the point collar which is pretty damn similar.

Are you asking me what size I wear? it's an XS.

13. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

I'd say they're pretty heavy. Not something I'd wear if it's any hotter than the mid-high 60s. It's a really great cloth though, great pants for the fall.

+1

I've got the tan moleskins and the olive ones, and they go in storage in another month. The fabric is ridiculously soft, but the weight means I have to wait till September before I see them again. Time to bring on the linen and seersucker.

14. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Brilliant shirts, will devour the Blue Plaid in M. Any word on the grape gingham (large check) returning?

PS: If anybody wants to sell theirs in M message me.

Thanks, we're grinding out all the new shirts as we speak. I don't have another Grape Gingham on the horizon, but we do have some more Navy Gingham shirts en-route. And plenty off new purple-based patterns and plaids.

cross-post from WAYWT, for anyone still wondering if they need a blue oxford from Epaulet...

Dope as always. Thanks for posting the shot?

Mike: Are you restocking the OC button down collars in white and blue at some point?

Not in Epaulet shirting, but I'll have the Ashland OCBD in blue going live this evening. It's ridiculously nice, and some of the best oxford cloth I've ever felt. It's a perfect item if you like the Gitman Vintage fit.

Just took a delivery of some rudy worsted trousers - best fitting pants i own, they even fit my big ass!

Thank you sir! My own big ass was the original model for the Rudy fit. Really glad that you like them.

Hey Mike,

Give us a little tease on what Ashland stuff is coming!

Also: it is nearly impossible to find a decently cut black OCBD (or poplin, even). Please fix this problem as you have fixed so many others in the world of men's clothing. It may not get much wear, but it is still a wardrobe staple that I would be glad I had when I wanted it if only I could get it.

Coming soon, we'll have the Ashland online today.

For oxford cloth, I don't have access to a solid black, but we'll surely do a "black" oxford in the Fall, which is in reality a dark charcoal. It's black thread woven with natural thread.

Stanley,

The Moleskins are pretty heavy. They're a great pant for about 65 degrees and cooler. At the moment, I'm selling most of them to customers in Australia, Canada, San Francisco, Portland, and Seattle. For a lighter option, check out the Butterscotch canvas - it's a very similar color and it's great for warmer temps. We'll be restocking both Walt and Rudy in this fabric within the next few days.

Just got my Thorogood "Crazy Horse" 685's today and damn these are on point! Leather looks like it will develop a very rich patina. And the leather dressing in the box was a great bonus. Also picked up another pair of Smith Selvedge denim. Another satisfied customer.

Nice, thanks so much for your order!