1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Xhale12

Xhale12 Senior member

Has anyone tried some of the epaulet raw denim jeans? I don't have a pair of nice... I am a reformed true religion junkie, and have finially matured. I was looking at Naked and Famous, APC, and EPaulet ones.... Not looking for something ULTRAtight. I have a slim but muscular build.

2. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

I have a pair of the Smith's, but honestly I don't wear them too much. I'm a 32 in the rivet chinos and trousers and was told to go with a 32 for their jeans but I really, really wish I had sized down. Much too baggy for me to wear. However, I can say the cut, construction, and materials appear to be top notch. I'd just personally recommend sizing down 1.

3. lachyzee

lachyzee Senior member

I have a small suggestion for the site, Mike: comparison pics (or at least different pics) of the Rudy/Walt trousers. Currently both use pictures from the Walt on the same model (eg Navy Lambswool), which could be a little misleading.

4. Xhale12

Xhale12 Senior member

Why not just exchange it out for a smaller size? Am I missing something?

5. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

Did they stretch out to that or were they always a bit big? How do you care for them (wash/dryclean/jump in the ocean)? I think i may go with a pair at some point this year.

6. thebunk

thebunk Senior member

I am looking at getting a new pair of jeans since my APC NS are now too big and am looking at the Smiths. I take a 34 in the chinos which fit good but I think I could probably go down a size in the Smiths. My only concerns are:

- the thighs (will they stretch, or will they be too tight)
    - the waist (same as above)
    - washing process (I know they will shrink in the waist bust should wash before wearing or wait for 6 months to 25 years?)

7. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

They've already been washed.

8. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

They didn't stretch a whole lot, but it was enough to be noticeable and make me go back to just wearing my Nudies.

9. MichaelPemulis

MichaelPemulis Senior member

question for those of you that also have the navy rivet chino - mine pick up a ton of lint/fuzz/white stuff, and even keep that stuff through a wash - the fabric is so soft and has that kind of brushed hand, it just seems to pick everything up.

what do you guys do to manage that? the lint roller works ok, but doesn't get everything. any thoughts?

10. poorman

poorman Senior member

Soo...any promotion codes for sale items? :D :D

11. Brothersport

Brothersport Senior member

12. poorman

poorman Senior member

13. thenanyu

thenanyu Senior member

[​IMG]

Cameo was so chill in the shop today.

14. lachyzee

lachyzee Senior member

15. jt2gt

jt2gt Senior member

It will be worth the wait...just received my Nat. Chrom. Belt (thanks for fast shipping) and the match to my Epaulet Nat. Pennys is right on the money. Very glad I waited and passed on the belt from Leffot. Epaulet's is much nicer and less expensive. Thanks M and A.

JT

Last edited: Sep 4, 2011
  16. canal_overdub

canal_overdub Well-Known Member

yeah I'd appreciate a tip on this (same story w my navy chinos) - I have a cat so I'm stocked deep w lint rollers, but I have other chinos that exhibit similar behavior...

17. enigma77

enigma77 Senior member

No, but the chino shorts do: http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/the-1076/EP's-Rivet-Chino-Short/Detail

I think that's what you're looking for. They also come in Navy.

18. nbernie

nbernie Senior member

I was in the LES shop today and I saw Mike in person for this first time; he was awesome and friendly as usual. I also saw the fabric swatches for the next pant run and they were pretty bananas. Planning on picking up the gray on gray glenplaid, a brown/ochre check and maybe the grape herringbone.

19. lachyzee

lachyzee Senior member

20. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

BTW, I don't think you can actually cuff those and get the desired look of the tape on the cuff. If you look at the pictures the outer fabric wraps over it quite a bit at the hem. I hope, if Epaulet does another run of these, the tape can run further down. I know there has to be some wrap but I think it would be possible to make the taping reach further down for a cuff.