• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^nice. have you worked out what the 'flaw' is? its always just some small cosmetic matter. on the stephys i got for my gf some of the polish had leaked onto the inside of the tongue.

ninja07

Reaction score
Thanks!

@robinsongreen68, on both boots it looks like there's some slight staining within the toe perforations and a slight scuff on the inside of the right boot. Not really visible if you ask me.

@babump, yes thats the c-shade gorse. Best colour in the entire trickers range imo.

King Leer

Reaction score
worship.gif
Whoa Forest Green Brogues!

Trifon

Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed how fast the heel rubber piece wears down in Tricker's shoes? I have worn my new Keswicks less than ten times and the heels have worn down more than in any of my shoes with some 50-100 wearings. It's a lot softer a rubber piece than what e.g. C&J or Cheaney are using for their heels.

I can't be the only one having noticed and complaining about it..? Nevertheless, otherwise I like them so much I contemplate buying the Marron antique Bourtons next.

MSAINT

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pebblegrain
Eatons in this color are my new favorite Trickers. The fit seems a little odd, a different last than stows?

ethnik.gif
That's weird, I have two pairs of Stow, one Malton and pair of Eaton and I don't feel/see the difference in fittings, they're all perfect for my feet!
dupondavec1d.gif

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went through the whole thread again for sizing info on the 4444 last (Bourton). US9D on the Brannock which everyone agrees would be a UK8 / 5 fitting on the 4497 (Stow), but no consensus for the 4444...

Originally Posted by BlackToothedGrin
It's been mentioned that the 4444 last of the Bourton is slightly bigger than the 4497 of the Stow. Can someone confirm this? Is it enough to size down 1/2 a size?

Originally Posted by Get Smart
they feel the same to me, maybe one is larger (?) but with Trickers country shoes I would say never size down.

Originally Posted by Marcellionheart
Yes. Size down 1/2 size from the 4497 to the 4444

Originally Posted by zippyh
Yeah the 4444 does seem bigger but not enough to size down.

Originally Posted by robinsongreen68
The 4444 last does run nearly half a size bigger than the Stow, though, and they think they may be able to stretch the shoes out enough to fit me.

Originally Posted by Get Smart
fit is same to me as stow

Originally Posted by I Like Turtles
Are the boots usually 1 size down (ie 8.5 UK is 9.5 US)?

Originally Posted by sinnedk
you got it

Originally Posted by zippyh
I have Stows and Bourtons. The 4444 fits bigger but not enough that I'd size down. But it really all depends upon where your feet fall in the spectrum. The difference is small enough that you'd really need to try them on.

ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

Btw, Tricker's MTO Froswick longwing boots for Herring Shoes.

pebblegrain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It just means they are a different shape, and the size depends on your own foot. I would go the same on all Trickers country lasts

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ agreed, you've probably seen the info on shoehealer- https://www.shoehealer.co.uk/Tricker...l_Information/ -but i think its not simply a case of running larger, they are kind of roomier in the toebox. It all depends on the shape of your foot. i would stick to the same size as your stows. incidentally, what polish do people use on their c shade to maintain the colour 'as is'? i have been using a neutral kiwi and it actually seems to have lightened mine a little, although this could just be an illusion prompted by the arrival of sunny weather...

I Like Turtles

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pebblegrain
Eatons in this color are my new favorite Trickers. The fit seems a little odd, a different last than stows?

Looks great. Where'd you get them? I can't find that boot anywhere.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

I Like Turtles

Reaction score
Originally Posted by I Like Turtles
Looks great. Where'd you get them? I can't find that boot anywhere.

I just sent an email to Trickers about Eaton's in coffee.

They quoted 500 GBP plus shipping. They need to be special ordered. 12 weeks from payment. God damb.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics