Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Get Smart, Sep 8, 2010.

Tags:
  1. robinsongreen68

robinsongreen68 Senior member

^nice. have you worked out what the 'flaw' is? its always just some small cosmetic matter. on the stephys i got for my gf some of the polish had leaked onto the inside of the tongue.

2. babump

babump Senior member

^^ Very nice ninja, is that the tan c-shade color?

3. ninja07

ninja07 Senior member

Thanks!

@robinsongreen68, on both boots it looks like there's some slight staining within the toe perforations and a slight scuff on the inside of the right boot. Not really visible if you ask me.

@babump, yes thats the c-shade gorse. Best colour in the entire trickers range imo.

4. King Leer

King Leer Senior member

[​IMG] Whoa Forest Green Brogues!

5. Trifon

Trifon Well-Known Member

Has anyone else noticed how fast the heel rubber piece wears down in Tricker's shoes? I have worn my new Keswicks less than ten times and the heels have worn down more than in any of my shoes with some 50-100 wearings. It's a lot softer a rubber piece than what e.g. C&J or Cheaney are using for their heels.

I can't be the only one having noticed and complaining about it..? Nevertheless, otherwise I like them so much I contemplate buying the Marron antique Bourtons next.

6. pebblegrain

pebblegrain Senior member

Eatons in this color are my new favorite Trickers. The fit seems a little odd, a different last than stows?

[​IMG]

7. johnH123

johnH123 Senior member

8. MSAINT

MSAINT Senior member

Eatons in this color are my new favorite Trickers. The fit seems a little odd, a different last than stows?

[​IMG]That's weird, I have two pairs of Stow, one Malton and pair of Eaton and I don't feel/see the difference in fittings, they're all perfect for my feet! [​IMG]

9. Wes Bourne

Wes Bourne Senior member

Went through the whole thread again for sizing info on the 4444 last (Bourton). US9D on the Brannock which everyone agrees would be a UK8 / 5 fitting on the 4497 (Stow), but no consensus for the 4444...

It's been mentioned that the 4444 last of the Bourton is slightly bigger than the 4497 of the Stow. Can someone confirm this? Is it enough to size down 1/2 a size?

they feel the same to me, maybe one is larger (?) but with Trickers country shoes I would say never size down.

Yes. Size down 1/2 size from the 4497 to the 4444

Yeah the 4444 does seem bigger but not enough to size down.

The 4444 last does run nearly half a size bigger than the Stow, though, and they think they may be able to stretch the shoes out enough to fit me.

fit is same to me as stow

Are the boots usually 1 size down (ie 8.5 UK is 9.5 US)?

you got it

I have Stows and Bourtons. The 4444 fits bigger but not enough that I'd size down. But it really all depends upon where your feet fall in the spectrum. The difference is small enough that you'd really need to try them on.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Btw, Tricker's MTO Froswick longwing boots for Herring Shoes.

10. pebblegrain

pebblegrain Senior member

It just means they are a different shape, and the size depends on your own foot. I would go the same on all Trickers country lasts

11. robinsongreen68

robinsongreen68 Senior member

^ agreed, you've probably seen the info on shoehealer- https://www.shoehealer.co.uk/Tricker...l_Information/ -but i think its not simply a case of running larger, they are kind of roomier in the toebox. It all depends on the shape of your foot. i would stick to the same size as your stows. incidentally, what polish do people use on their c shade to maintain the colour 'as is'? i have been using a neutral kiwi and it actually seems to have lightened mine a little, although this could just be an illusion prompted by the arrival of sunny weather...

12. I Like Turtles

I Like Turtles Senior member

Looks great. Where'd you get them? I can't find that boot anywhere.

13. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

Went through the whole thread again for sizing info on the 4444 last (Bourton). US9D on the Brannock which everyone agrees would be a UK8 / 5 fitting on the 4497 (Stow), but no consensus for the 4444...

Btw, Tricker's MTO Froswick longwing boots for Herring Shoes.

I can't decide if I love those or hate them.
    [​IMG]

14. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

15. I Like Turtles

I Like Turtles Senior member

Looks great. Where'd you get them? I can't find that boot anywhere.

I just sent an email to Trickers about Eaton's in coffee.

They quoted 500 GBP plus shipping. They need to be special ordered. 12 weeks from payment. God damb.