Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Get Smart, Sep 8, 2010.

Tags:
  1. pebblegrain

pebblegrain Senior member

I just sent an email to Trickers about Eaton's in coffee.

They quoted 500 GBP plus shipping. They need to be special ordered. 12 weeks from payment. God damb.

Leather Soul, forum affiliate

2. Wes Bourne

Wes Bourne Senior member

zippyh, worth noting that both those ^ Herring MTO boots are made on the 4444 last, not the usual 4497 used for country boots.

Fwiw, Herring offers great service, but their pics make most shoes look like ass. I'm guessing the longwing boots looks similar to these:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

zippyh, worth noting that both those ^ Herring MTO boots are made on the 4444 last, not the usual 4497 used for country boots.

Fwiw, Herring offers great service, but their pics make most shoes look like ass. I'm guessing the longwing boots looks similar to these:

Yeah I noticed they're on the 4444. I might need to get those longwings. I blame you for pointing them out.

4. norcal_indy

norcal_indy Senior member

Does anyone have any thoughts on whether the Bureau's Tan Scotch Grain Stow or Leather Soul Burnished Coffee Stow would a.) look better with indigo denim and b.) age better? I've read through the entire thread but didn't notice much comparison between these two boots. The price is about the same. I'm guessing that it's going to be hard to go wrong, but I figured it was worth posing the question before pulling the trigger. [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

[​IMG]

would look better with indigo denim
    [​IMG]

but this is just beautiful. would look good with indigo too. damn those are nice.

6. pebblegrain

pebblegrain Senior member

Does anyone have any thoughts on whether the Bureau's Tan Scotch Grain Stow or Leather Soul Burnished Coffee Stow would a.) look better with indigo denim and b.) age better? I've read through the entire thread but didn't notice much comparison between these two boots. The price is about the same. I'm guessing that it's going to be hard to go wrong, but I figured it was worth posing the question before pulling the trigger.

looks - use your eyes
    the coffee will age better.

7. meso

meso Senior member

looks - use your eyes
    the coffee will age better.

Prefer the broguing with more contrast.

8. norcal_indy

norcal_indy Senior member

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, folks. Bought the Burnished Coffee from LS [​IMG]

9. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, folks.

Bought the Burnished Coffee from LS [​IMG]

congrats, either choice is good

10. robinsongreen68

robinsongreen68 Senior member

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, folks.

Bought the Burnished Coffee from LS [​IMG]

beautiful, congratulations. i have coffee trickers x ps, they look great with indigo.
    the guys in the trickers shop told me they used to carry more coffee in stock but there was little demand. very under-rated colour IMO.

11. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

Marron Stows on Dainite from Tricker's ebay shop.

[​IMG]

12. BAUER

BAUER Active Member

[​IMG]

and my last buy
    from the Bureau
    i really like what these guys are doing with tricker's
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

Evil Wes Bourne forced me to get Froswicks from Herring.
    Main difference between these and the Ark ones seems to be the no pulls on the Arks ones.
    For those keeping track, the medallions on these differs from the Stow, Bourtons, Paisley, STP Not-Stows.

Thumbs up to Herring. Ordered in the late afternoon pacific time last Thursday. Shipped out of the UK Friday and arrived here today. Ended up being 243GBP (free shipping, plus look for a 10% Herring coupon on their twitter).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Evil Wes Bourne forced me to get Froswicks from Herring. Main difference between these and the Ark ones seems to be the no pulls on the Arks ones. For those keeping track, the medallions on these differs from the Stow, Bourtons, Paisley, STP Not-Stows. Thumbs up to Herring. Ordered in the late afternoon pacific time last Thursday. Shipped out of the UK Friday and arrived here today. Ended up being 243GBP (free shipping, plus look for a 10% Herring coupon on their twitter). [​IMG] [​IMG]
    very nice zippyh. I was skeptical of the "longwing" boot but these look terrific!

15. Wes Bourne

Wes Bourne Senior member

Evil Wes Bourne forced me to get Froswicks from Herring....

Thumbs up to Herring. Ordered in the late afternoon pacific time last Thursday. Shipped out of the UK Friday and arrived here today. Ended up being 243GBP (free shipping, plus look for a 10% Herring coupon on their twitter).

MUHAHAHAHAHAHA, you're very welcome! Btw, they look great! Told ya Herring were awesome. [​IMG]

Do they still ship via Royal Air Mail or have they switched to another carrier?