• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

*#..

Reaction score
jslade i dig the steez brah, but it looks like you should size up. Your shoulders look hunched over because of the shirt being a bit too tight, but it may just be your regular posture.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
Also, you boys sentencing yourselves to terms of having to keep your shirts away from water as if they were gremlins so they don't shrink an oomph: Just size up. These aren't Gap shirts we're talking about where going up a size drastically increases the possibility of being able to fit another person inside the shirt with you. One of the things I like about Epaulet shirting is the small increase in actual size that comes with jumping up a tagged size.

lol

homefloyd

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jslade
So I received my first Epaulet shirt in the mail today. I went with a small, and while I dig the fit, it's a bit small in the chest and shoulder area (39" chest). Not enough to be a constant nuisance, but enough to make me consider sizing up to a medium, especially once I take into account the fact that smaller guys with good fits like RKD are taking a S in the shirt as well. Definitely concerned about the additional bit of length when sizing up, though. Any thoughts? Other thoughts: quality is fantastic! Epaulet did not disappoint. Will definitely be ordering more pieces soon.
devil.gif
]

Looks like you should bump that up to a med and get it tailored (if needed), it'll be worth it in the long run.

TeeKay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's a crappy phone pic of my Epaulet floral(this thing is sweeeeet) and some EP's Chinos.

5591321830_b92628fcde_z.jpg

Apologies for the imageshack. Fixed!

LPatterson

Reaction score
Did anyone buy a sz.L in the new chambrays? If so, could you measure the seam to seam P2P and S2S and post them? Trying to gauge whether or not I should return my M and size up.

jslade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay, thanks for the advice, guys. I figure if it even shrinks a tiny bit on me, that it'll be way too tight, so I placed an order for a white oxford in a medium. Hopefully it'll fit great!

Originally Posted by APK
These aren't Gap shirts we're talking about where going up a size drastically increases the possibility of being able to fit another person inside the shirt with you.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

dra

Reaction score
Originally Posted by *#..
Mike, I sent you a PM

Nothing personal, but can we assume Mike knows how to read PM's and respond to them, especially given his shop's track record with customer service? Really no need for the announcement...

jslade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On a different note, any word on when those Epaulet handsewn shoes will be hitting the webstore? I need some basic footwear for the summer, and can't wait to see what Epaulet has in store.
redface.gif

about11oclock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by yesssir
Do you guys iron your rivet chinos or wear them right out of the dryer?

Hang dry and wear, no iron. They hold their shape really well, I've no problem with wrinkles.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by about11oclock
Hang dry and wear, no iron. They hold their shape really well, I've no problem with wrinkles.

+1 this works like a charm. sometimes i dry on delicate/low for a wee bit and pull them out and then hang but that takes care of it all.

about11oclock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They aren't dress pants, you know? Just great knock around chinos, so I treat them as such. If I needed to wear them to something more biz-cas than I do now, I would probably iron.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads