• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Relationship Dealbreakers

ConcernedParent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. White
Ignoring drunk ****, young people make stupid mistakes when they go out into the world. I don't condemn anyone for being young and stupid. They're just too young for me anymore. Women the right age for me (who still do that) didn't or couldn't grow up. Pass.
You are over 40 and don't live in a large metropolitan area. Yes?

Kajak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
deal-breaker-300x240.jpg

Blackfyre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. White
Women don't shave to "feel clean." That stuff is right off Burma Shave signs. Women shave to show out to men (that their sluttiness is premeditated, affected, and, well, right off Appreciation sites). Same goes for clit rings, tongue rings, etc.

I don't care if you get your values -- or your women -- second hand from Larry Flynt. Doesn't bother me a bit. It's just not something that I do.

Speaking of marsupialed, it strikes me as childish to walk around, making your big message to the world: "I have many holes. . . . I have many holes. . . . I have many holes. . . ." Same for the guys (and gals) who wear those giant black plugs in their ears: "I like a stud. . . . I like a stud. . . . I like a stud. . . ."

tumblr_lhi9pkfb511qcfba3o1_500.gif

Originally Posted by Duff_Man
Fuckin yah. Sociopaths are ******* hot as hell. All my exes have had sociopathic tendencies. It's hot when a girl is willing to (and does) lie, cheat and steal for you.

Also, rib pieces are ******* badass.

tumblr_le5mxd0fnL1qbemxc.gif

Thebomb85019

Reaction score
Clingers. Nothing more annoying than a chick who will not stop contacting me. It is probably the stage I am at in my life (23 y/o) but I want someone who can enjoy themselves without me while... then again I cringe at the thought of a super serious relationship.

bigbjorn

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mcsorleyminute
A woman's perspective: Unable to drive a car with a standard transmission.
A man's perspective: Unable to drive a boat with a tiller-steer outboard. That and smoking, I guess.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Duff_Man
Fuckin yah. Sociopaths are ******* hot as hell. All my exes have had sociopathic tendencies. It's hot when a girl is willing to (and does) lie, cheat and steal for you. Also, rib pieces are ******* badass.
I once dated a hot-as-hell punk chick who was covered in full-body ink and was crazy as a weasel in heat. She would break into my apartment when I was at work, and read my emails and such. One time I came home to find her sitting on my kitchen floor, crying her eyes out, because she had broken in, browsed my email, and found "too many female names on my contacts list." I had been sleeping with her for all of two weeks at that point. Obviously it wasn't going to last forever, but the sex was stellar.

Shoe City Thinker

Reaction score
Depressed chicks. High-maintenance chicks. Lazy chicks that don't pull their own weight if we're living together. Picky eaters -- sorry, I can't be in a relationship where the only time I can something outside of the starchy comfort food realm is in a restaurant. Obese chicks whom don't care about improving their health and getting themselves to a healthy weight. Couch potatoes. Homebodies that don't want to go into the city and just want to stay home every weekend.

Mr. White

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ConcernedParent
You are over 40 and don't live in a large metropolitan area. Yes?

Over 40, but my permanent home is in **** (exurb of LA), and travel frequently between SD, SF, and LA.

GSquared

Reaction score
Too much bronzer, so when you give her a hug or she just walks next to you, you need to send your shirt to get laundered... not to mention what that **** does to your sheets.

Learned that the hard way *hangs head*

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GSquared
Too much bronzer, so when you give her a hug or she just walks next to you, you need to send your shirt to get laundered... not to mention what that **** does to your sheets.

Learned that the hard way *hangs head*

Somewhat similar but I hate when girls come up to hug me after they've just been swimming -- especially at the beach. All that saltwater and sand gets on my clothes and my skin. It's a nightmare really.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7
Somewhat similar but I hate when girls come up to hug me after they've just been swimming -- especially at the beach. All that saltwater and sand gets on my clothes and my skin. It's a nightmare really.

And I ask again: are you a vergeen?

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
from my employee

when a girl looses $500 of yours, breaks your mac and combs through your fb and cell. this is a dealbreaker

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
And I ask again: are you a vergeen?

Don't get me wrong. I like having a nice bosom pressed up against me but pitted against clean clothes and smooth skin; boobs lose.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads