• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Relationship Dealbreakers

Barnabus

Reaction score
1. For me is if shes the kind of gal that tries to whip you like the family pig.
laugh.gif
I have a big pet peeve about that

2. Is a religious nut or militant athiest who wont shut up about god

3.unhygienic

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gungadin25
...unresolved daddy issues...

This could actually work to your advantage.

Oh. We're talking about relationship; never mind.

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1. She flirts with everybody. I'm not the jealous type but when a girl tries to make me jealous then I just get mad.

2. If she spends a lot of time badmouthing her last boyfriend, I just think "she's going to be saying this about me one day"

3. I have definitely hooked up with women who had boyfriends before (usually drunken flings) but I would never let that turn into a relationship. Because she will get bored of me just like she got bored of the last guy.

4. In fact, I avoid girls who have never been single. It makes me feel like I'm just there because she needs a boyfriend not to be alone and that she will ditch me the next time someone makes her feel more special than I do.

5. Not necessarily a deal breaker, but if she's vegan or straight edge it's probably not going to work. Those people are pains ********** and, especially if they're female, tend to expect everyone in social situations to adjust to them.

6. If she has no friends. Usually found in conjunction with #4.

Writing all of that made me realize what a pain ********** dating has been. I think I should marry the girl I'm with now.

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also, if she's over the age of 25 and still wears Sanrio t-shirts and talks in baby talk then I can't deal with her.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
How old are you, out of curiosity? Seems there's a big age divide on this one.

I'm mid-30s, so yeah, a 20-something dude, texting or no, goes right to friend zone with me.
Good point.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by munchausen
Also, if she's over the age of 25 and still wears Sanrio t-shirts and talks in baby talk then I can't deal with her.

what is she falls into all those categories but looks like your avatar?

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by in stitches
what is she falls into all those categories but looks like your avatar?

Shay Maria can violate all of these rules and all the laws of God and man as far as I'm concerned. I'd wager that for everyone posting in this thread, there's a level of hotness that overrides all of these dealbreakers.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fraiche
It don't matter, women's advice on relationships is always wrong. (Unless she's a lesbian.)

It's just my perspective, I'm not giving advice. I thought this thread was about "deal breakers," no?

Originally Posted by bigbjorn
A man's perspective: Unable to drive a boat with a tiller-steer outboard. That and smoking, I guess.

Right. I agree on the smoking.

word

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. White
Those quickie personal insults are, by definition, trolling.

It's nothing personal though.

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
her dad being a psychologist

seriously guys dont do it
frown.gif

Mr. White

Reaction score
Originally Posted by word
It's nothing personal though.

No problem. I don't take it personally. A man who can't joust -- is a boy.

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1. wears ed hardy or brands of that sort
2. crazy or dirty mouth
3. dresses slutty all the time/ I am relatively conservative and I am okay with the whole when you go out but if your wearing short stuff and showing clevage all the time GTFO, Ill add you to "text when bored list"
4. Is against me hunting, carrying a gun, fishing, or
5. has a crazy ex boyfriend, not that I am jealous, its just that I dont have the time.
6. BITES HER FREAKING NAILS!!!!!!!!
7. messed up feet.
8. does drugs
9. crazy drinker
10. Talks lik diz u no what im sayin homie
11. always plasters her face
12. is not educated, or has a problem with me aspiring to be Bentley rich
13. trys to get me jealous, I mean come on either you want to be with me now or ill get you 10 years and forty beatings later, pretty much you like me now or your going to like me when I am rich type deal .
14. super superficial
15. expects me to pay for everything
16. expects me to chase her (see 13)

I am sure I can think of a few more but I need to get back to studying.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads