• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Relationship Dealbreakers

Tibor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HgaleK
-She's hard on the eyes
-She's a cruel person
-She's dishonest

I'm pretty sure that I can deal with anything else if she's a cool enough person.

+100 very Gentlemanly

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
- Super-religious chicks
- Dumb chicks

Err, sorry. i'm being redundant.

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tibor
+100 very Gentlemanly

yeah I missed the most important one, she has to be honest. If not Ill add you to the list.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CalTex
1. wears ed hardy or brands of that sort
2. crazy or dirty mouth
3. dresses slutty all the time/ I am relatively conservative and I am okay with the whole when you go out but if your wearing short stuff and showing clevage all the time GTFO, Ill add you to "text when bored list"
4. Is against me hunting, carrying a gun, fishing, or
5. has a crazy ex boyfriend, not that I am jealous, its just that I dont have the time.
6. BITES HER FREAKING NAILS!!!!!!!!
7. messed up feet.
8. does drugs
9. crazy drinker
10. Talks lik diz u no what im sayin homie
11. always plasters her face
12. is not educated, or has a problem with me aspiring to be Bentley rich
13. trys to get me jealous, I mean come on either you want to be with me now or ill get you 10 years and forty beatings later, pretty much you like me now or your going to like me when I am rich type deal .
14. super superficial
15. expects me to pay for everything
16. expects me to chase her (see 13)

I am sure I can think of a few more but I need to get back to studying.

I love future rich people.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What about really bad taste?

You go on a date with an attractive and intelligent girl. Things are going great, you head back to her place. She opens the door and you see a huge Thomas Kinkade print over the couch. A look of horror mixed with confusion creeps over your face. She spots it and helpfully explains, "That's Thomas Kinkade. He's one of the greatest artists of our time. Or any time, for that matter."

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Naw, that's something that can be fixed.

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure if I'd say it's an absolute deal breaker but I really don't like when someone's home is messy. I can deal with a little bit of clutter but I prefer to live in a very neat environment. When someone's place is a mess it's
ffffuuuu.gif

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by munchausen
3. I have definitely hooked up with women who had boyfriends before (usually drunken flings) but I would never let that turn into a relationship. Because she will get bored of me just like she got bored of the last guy. .

What the ******* ****?

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
On second drunk analysis, I think maybe he meant a girl who was currently in a relationship. That would make more sense, I think it must be that.

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
On second drunk analysis, I think maybe he meant a girl who was currently in a relationship. That would make more sense, I think it must be that.

virgins only for me.

just kidding, you were right the second time.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Someone who leaves **** in their teeth after a meal. This is evidenced when the culprit eats a starch (bread, pasta) or a protein (steak, chicken) or a vegetable (spinach, broccoli). The remnants of the meal are lodged in between the front teeth but the person isn't conscious of it. Even after a trip to the ladies room.
ffffuuuu.gif

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
especially if they are hot. tears me the **** apart
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

Smartalox

Reaction score
Originally Posted by christinedaae
what about number of pets in general? What if a woman has 2 pets a cat and a dog and it's just one woman?

In my experience, even a single large or high-maintenance dog proved to be something of a deal-breaker: When a woman has an emotional connection to an animal (or animals), it can get in the way of her being open to an emotional relationship with a person.

I've had the experience where a woman who was used to telling a dog what to do, just could not handle the 'give and take' of a relationship. To me, it seemed like the dog was the boyfriend in her life who never talked back, never disagreed, never had his own opinions on politics, film, dinner, etc.

I've also had the experience of a woman with a large dog who'd have to leave early after staying over to walk it. For me, I felt I was missing out on waking up together... sharing coffee, and the personal connection that comes with that. I stayed over at her place and we walked the dog together a couple of times, but it was a little too 'instant family' for me (I was in my early 20's) then.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads