• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ambrosi Update (3.19.2011) -- Outstanding U.S. Orders

emptym

Reaction score
Originally Posted by orangina1
I am still waiting for two pairs of pants. One was ordered in 2009 summer, another was autumn 2009 too. Fitting was spring 2010. Many communications back and forth from then, and I was told pants are done but haven't received yet.
Originally Posted by texas_jack
wow, 2 years for pants. That's crazy.
Originally Posted by justsayno
No excuse for 2 years of wait ...
It was a long time, but not quite two years. If we count from the fitting, it's been about one year.
Originally Posted by binge
Received my pants yesterday, via DHL.
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
I was out for a while and there was a DHL sticker on my door when I returned. Couldn't figure out what it was for. Now I know! Well Binge, how do you like them? Posting pics?
Lucky stinkers.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Okay, if I understood Salvatore correctly on the phone, all outstanding U.S. orders have been shipped. Keep your fingers crossed.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got my pants today. They are wonderful!

twillandflannel.jpg

cuffinner.jpg

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Will
Glad he remembered the cuff buttons on yours. He has overlooked them on mine roughly half the time.

Same here. Maybe 1/3 but still. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason why he does it sometimes but not others. My latest two have them.

Ataturk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So the buttonhole is just an opened side seam with two bar tacks? That's pretty clever. Pointless [and probably occassionally inconvenient], but neat nonetheless.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ataturk
Pointless [and probably occassionally inconvenient], but neat nonetheless.

Why do you say it's pointless? It allows you to open up the cuff for ease of cleaning.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TRINI
Why do you say it's pointless? It allows you to open up the cuff for ease of cleaning.

Yeah, but, truth be told, it's not like you miss it on the 99% of pants that don't have it.

Ataturk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I realize that's what it's supposed to be for, but c'mon. That's so ridiculous.

On the other hand I can just see someone carelessly burning the shiny impression of a button on the outside of the cuffs trying to touch them up, or the less damaging equivalent if you used a pants press.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
Yeah, but, truth be told, it's not like you miss it on the 99% of pants that don't have it.

Small-timers. I regularly unbutton my Ambrosi cuffs to brush out stray caviar.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads