• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBatMan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Requiem
I was tempted to save this for friday's challenge, but here it goes:
(shirt is light blue; tie is dark brown with white/blue flowers)
008-1.jpg

Hopefully, last flannel wear until October...

Deets on those kicks please kind sir?

barims

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PandArts
This is one of the cases where my head says I shouldn't like it but the rest of me says otherwise. You do contrast very well with slim over full and colour /pattern under neutral/solid. Creating hormony out of discord is a rare skill indeed!

Thank you. As I told Spoo, I like to see what I can get away with

Originally Posted by Holdfast
Do you have a source for a bow tie that is a little larger than average in terms of height, but not wide? I like the idea of floppy bow ties, but all the ones I find are either too big all around or too "stiff".

Vintage Holliday & Brown seems to be my only bet, really. What do you say to the Tom Ford models?

Originally Posted by UrbanComposition
Pants are not good. I don't there's a need to explain this, except to say if you had to wear them, it'd look better if you had a matching jacket. Ergo, a suit.

[Spoo]But they passed muster the last time I featured them[/ Spoo]

(NB. Spoo, I am merely teasing)

So, UC - single or double breasted, then?

Not feeling this. Normally I like your exuberant and unexpected contrasts, and I think I see what you're going for here, but it's not quite syncing up for me. The silhouette is fighting the colours and vice versa. Instead of an unexpected one-two punch, it's trying to throw both fists at the same time.

Not more double fisting talk again

To be fair, this is less conceptual than usual, since I simply threw it together, so in that sense, I feel I understand you. It's something of a "season crash", I'd say - the colours of spring and winter frolicking together and perhaps playing a touch too roughly with each other. Or something. Cheers either way, Doc

Originally Posted by acridsheep
I really don't get any part of this.

Well, we don't have that much in common

Originally Posted by spoozy
Clearly got me here
wink.gif

Oh ho, not today. Perhaps when I next deploy my purple safari jacket again, then I'll be on an equal parity with your own flamboyance

The palette has been on my mind for quite some time, glad you approve of it
smile.gif

Well, I think that it's common sense to wear orange trousers only if they're made from corduroy or in a pleasing shade. And you did both. I liked it because for the first time that I'm aware of, you utilised texture to add some depth to your expressiveness

barims

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Like it? PM me

Ivystyle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by barims
Blurry cameraphone photography is what we're having today:

6rudqr.jpg
2uykefk.jpg

The tie was slightly adjusted afterwards

I'm sure by now you've come to the realization the pants need much work...

barims

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ A hem adjustment and a better camera don't amount to "much work", my little nitpicker

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
5535297276_ea94f0e93f_z.jpg

Top half is reasonably nice, if a little too bright for this time of year for me, esp. when juxtaposed with a cardigan. The fabric/texture mix doesn't work work for me. But I like the shirt/tie combo. The trousers & shoes don't work at all for me, at least with this look. Sorry.
Vintage Holliday & Brown seems to be my only bet, really. What do you say to the Tom Ford models?
Too wide for me. Height was good though. They would probably be fine if they were floppier but they're not, so appear too wide/clownish. For a bigger guy, they'd probably be fine. I like Francis Ford Coppola's bow-tie here. Mind you, when carrying that much bling, you can get away with almost anything I guess. (Coppola pic taken from this pretty cool blog post by Le Noeud Papillon shop. A blog that does exactly what it says on the tin.)

DaBatMan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by EvilFish
Much more casual today; although despite it being Paddy's day I still had to go into the office in the afternoon.
frown.gif

There's something funky going on with the right side of my sweater in the first pic, this was just a result of hastily trying to fix it before the timer on the camera ran out.

mle9g.jpg

2lar2jd.jpg

2nqz0v9.jpg

2ykm5tx.jpg

I Do like this look. Typically what I wear into the office on a day to day basis. Although I do like your boots I would have went with something a little more streamline with this outfit... to match the sleekness of the outfit. I'm
inlove.gif
with that watch.

Details on that sweater please.

Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight
What are your thoughts on the grey vest with the jeans and blazer? Does it look a little "Morning suit" on the top?

I also apologise for the terrible photo - my first go with a self timer!

I've no complaints about the quality of the photo - you did fine

But this sort of thing always requires a great quality and cut of denim to succeed, otherwise it really is, as an e-friend of mine once put it, "the mullet of dressing." And I think that at the very least, you need a trim

I agree with B on this one. Although I am a fan of loose fitting comfortable jeans, this is not the look for them. Also, I think the sweater looks fine... Jacket looks a little too gig in the mid though. Just my .02

Originally Posted by MBreinin
Honestly, Spoo....I despise the cardigan. But, I hate the look of cardigans in general, and especially under jackets. Also you have on a jacket and a sweater and then no socks. This seems to be cold up top, warm down below, it just does not jibe. I think if the tie had been closer to a solid and either you wore socks with the loafers, or different shoes...it would have been much better.

Mike

+ on the dislike of the cardigan... especially under a jacket. IMO a v-neck sweater would have worked better. Also... while I appreciate the shout out to % I think it was way too dressy up top to go sockless.

Originally Posted by acridsheep
I really love those shoes. It's time for me to add some suede to my closet.
I 2nd that... D@M those shoes are nice.

barims

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Top half is reasonably nice, if a little too bright for this time of year for me, esp. when juxtaposed with a cardigan. The fabric/texture mix doesn't work work for me. But I like the shirt/tie combo.

The trousers & shoes don't work at all for me, at least with this look. Sorry.

Too wide for me. Height was good though. They would probably be fine if they were floppier but they're not, so appear too wide/clownish. For a bigger guy, they'd probably be fine.

I like Francis Ford Coppola's bow-tie here. Mind you, when carrying that much bling, you can get away with almost anything I guess.

(Coppola pic taken from this pretty cool blog post by Le Noeud Papillon. A blog that does exactly what it says on the tin.)

I'd skimmed Spoozy's post before; what leaps out at me is that he seems to have matched his shirt to his trousers. Nutty, in a 1960s way, but still a step too far

I agree with you re: Tom Ford and Francis Ford Coppola. I also very much like that blog post and am glad you introduced me to it - the vintage images are very welcome. I wonder if he's seen my own bow tie posts

What about Hackett? I don't know if you recall my black tie ensemble of last summer, but I think that bow is a very serviceable size in both width and height. Of course, I don't know who the actual maker is; either way, I have another one in black with white pindots that I plan to sell on

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Three-day business trip: One suit, three shirts, three ties, one pair of shoes, and a bonus of a pair of boots bought on the trip.

Day one:
50fd518e.jpg

Day two:
c7376a91.jpg

Day three:
5143721a.jpg

The suit:
b72730ef.jpg

The shoes:
728e7954.jpg

And my favorite, the New Boots:
c7aa62c5.jpg

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 0b5cur1ty
Lovely shoes and generally nice fit, but:

Something I have often noticed about your fits - your suit trousers are not particularly slim-cut, yet you have the trousers cut really short. I've seen this less-than-no-break style look OK on very slim-cut suit trousers (a colleague of mine sports it and gets away with it) but in your case I can't help feeling a modicum of break would be a huge improvement.

Thanks.

This was NDW's suit at one point. He has shorter arms and legs than I do. I did not have the sleeves or the hem of the pants done. These actually fall a little lower normally, but I had the adjusters cranked in to hold them up a bit more. I am not a fan of the break, although sometimes I have some (usually where I asked for none, and got some anyway.
lol8[1].gif
). I do get your point though.

Simple, elegant, yet with details springing to the eye. Well done!

Thanks, Spoozy.

Mike

james_timothy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(Coppola pic taken from this pretty cool blog post by Le Noeud Papillon shop. A blog that does exactly what it says on the tin.)

On the bat wing versus butterfly wing bow tie- see Roger Moore and Sean Connery on that blog. Note Roger's shirt ruffles.

citizenshame

Reaction score
Blurry cameraphone photography is what we're having today:

6rudqr.jpg
2uykefk.jpg

The tie was slightly adjusted afterwards

I don't know how else to say this, but.....

everything about this looks bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads