• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alden QC: Would you be happy with receiving this pair of shoes?

rebel222

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't send them back to Leffot. Alden can fix those. I once had a pair of #8 shoes with one lighter than the other. I purchased them that way, at a discount. Alden charged me a small fee to fix them. They turned out perfect.

If I had purchased them for full price, I would have demanded that Alden fix them for free, since they are no longer available. Maybe go through Leffot for this resolution, but if you really want them, they can be fixed.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
send them back, thats ridiculous, who the hell makes shoes like that, i personally am not thrilled with alden quality to begin with, this just proves it, maybe they need to be come more like AE, bigger with better quality control may be better and cheaper shoes for all of us

FStyles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo

I may be done with Alden...

I'm almost there with you.

I bought a pair of shell punchcap boots and the stitching started to come apart after 1month. Upon further inspection in sunlight, the sides of the boot looked like they had been painted on by a 3 year old with a crayola paintbrush. Like, swirls and almost looked like writing.

Shipped those back about 3 weeks ago and seems like UPS has lost another ******* package.

those boots deserved to be lost though so *******.

PS: send those back moo. Jesus, that's almost criminal. Couldn't pass as seconds.

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i would be ******* furious considering how much aldens cost.

i can get matching shoes for $40 surely they can do it at their prices.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rebel222
I wouldn't send them back to Leffot. Alden can fix those. I once had a pair of #8 shoes with one lighter than the other. I purchased them that way, at a discount. Alden charged me a small fee to fix them. They turned out perfect.

If I had purchased them for full price, I would have demanded that Alden fix them for free, since they are no longer available. Maybe go through Leffot for this resolution, but if you really want them, they can be fixed.

those just came out at leffot, im sure he paid full price and full price better be perfect

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FStyles
Couldn't pass as seconds.

no doubt, I have seen plenty of seconds, and nothing comes close to that. even as seconds they are not close to acceptable.

I'm still thinking there is like a 10% chance of this being a photoshop

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
Different strokes for different folks, ed. I love em.

at the end of the day it is your money/taste and you need to buy what you like not what the peanut gallery says but I would advise taking a good, long look at how and when you would wear those and make sure they work for you as part of your wardrobe.

TRA8324

Reaction score
Wow. That's really bad. I would send them back for a full refund. There are plenty of other companies that make nice looking saddle shoes.

On a separate note, this thread made me glad that I decided to go with AE for my #8 cordovan longwings.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
im sure Moo will call around to see what can be done. I would hate to give up on a pair like this.

Still really funny though

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by makewayhomer
no doubt, I have seen plenty of seconds, and nothing comes close to that. even as seconds they are not close to acceptable.

I'm still thinking there is like a 10% chance of this being a photoshop

dude moo is on here for years, why would he photoshop this... dude usually has some really nice pics, with the way Alden has been lately i believe this is legit

Salad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was just looking at those on Leffot. That's not cool at any price but for $550+tax/ship, that's disgraceful. It's insulting that Alden QC didn't stop these from being shipped out. WTF did they think? That no one would notice or care? Send those back and I hope you get a refund for your shipping too. These posts are making me gun shy when considering Alden purchases.

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sinnedk
dude moo is on here for years, why would he photoshop this...

b/c....

Originally Posted by w.o.e.is.me.
thought this was a joke post at first.

and it would be pretty funny.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads