• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by artishard116
I got the black mids today in 40, but they're too big on me (us 8). Guess I need a 39, if anyone wants to trade, let me know, otherwise I'll return em in the next day or two.

your a us 8 and the 40s are to big?

melonadejello

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by artishard116
Yeah they are. Every other shoe/boot I own is an 8. I was surprised too. Outsole measures just over 11".

We're probably a similar size...don't be surprised if you get a pair of 39s and discover that they are too small.
I bought 40s first, thought they were too big, then got 39s and realized they were too small and learned to live with the fit of 40s and now I have 5 pairs of shoes in size 40 on that sole and I'm very happy with them all
happy.gif

I would say try to get a pair of 39s first from a place that you can easily return to, if only to try them on first, but it's hard enough just to find 39s :/

artishard116

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by melonadejello
We're probably a similar size...don't be surprised if you get a pair of 39s and discover that they are too small. I bought 40s first, thought they were too big, then got 39s and realized they were too small and learned to live with the fit of 40s and now I have 5 pairs of shoes in size 40 on that sole and I'm very happy with them all
happy.gif
I would say try to get a pair of 39s first from a place that you can easily return to, if only to try them on first, but it's hard enough just to find 39s :/

That would be my luck... Thanks, I'll keep that in mind I don't even know for sure if they 39's to begin with.

skywalker

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whatever123
what usa size are you? an 8.5 or 9? how do they fit?

Originally Posted by dmash1080
Yeah, you guys are welcome. I posted that **** the minute it went on Yoox as I was trying to find some MMM high tops. Bahaha

Ah my competition. A sales rep at the new york MMM boutique told me they sent a package of their stuff from last season. This was months ago, I really wonder how yoox works putting out 1 Isaia suit, 2 loro piana sweaters. Maybe they just pick a random box to open up and put up on the website.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by veloaudio
^Yoox didn't have original grey. Did you get captoes? Either way, what size?

I didn't buy them on Yoox. 41.

Originally Posted by slack tide

What don't you like about them exactly? Are they all solid grey, including the sole?

Yah, they're solid grey. I think they look better with some contrast.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
COMM-MZ150_V2.jpg

just received these a/w10 cp x robert gellers monk straps in the mail this morning and wore them all day today. very comfy
smile.gif

mine are the exact model pictured above but in burgundy

Desi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah yeah and the Bordeaux in sizes 40-41 is as rare as a dodo.

Desi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yep, you bid on the pair that was in the ebay thread correct? Happy for you. In my post I was just going on and on about my search.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah someone mentioned it so grabbed right away. was it you who posted it on here?

i had to pounce on it since it was a good deal for like 180 and still new. perfect for spring and can wear sometimes when i have to start working this summer
ffffuuuu.gif

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Wrong thread

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just got my size 41 white/gum lows from Yoox....everything was in perfect condition, very pleased.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads