• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
so affiliate store Blake is looking into sponsoring a RRL contest involving the selvage office chinos ... rock em like raw denim with little, to no washing and post pics of progress!

those that are interested PM me please so i can start gathering a list

where are we having this contest?

here is my start photo, reposted from WAYWT:

IMG_2177.jpg

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
awesome pic! ... watch the blake thread. he pm'd me that they are getting some guidelines in order and i assume will start a new thread. ill post on here once it arrives

stickshift

Reaction score
so affiliate store Blake is looking into sponsoring a RRL contest involving the selvage office chinos ... rock em like raw denim with little, to no washing and post pics of progress!

Sounds cool. Will the chinos still be $220?

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
not sure ... i think they do. they are prevalent at all of the stores. i'd shoot them a call and find out. i know for certain that they can order you a pair but that doesnt fix your problem of not being able to try on before you buy

yeah i should just go to the store next time i am in georgetown or nyc, but it's so easy to type out a response on here. i wouldn't be participating in the contest anyway, not like i gotta get them right now.

tv2177: any cotton pants will stretch at least 1/2 inch in the waist, if not more. problem is that once you wash them, it will shrink back and will be uncomfortable until they stretch back. still, if it's "close" in the waist i would say go with what fits best in the legs.

tv2177

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wEstSidE

tv2177: any cotton pants will stretch at least 1/2 inch in the waist, if not more. problem is that once you wash them, it will shrink back and will be uncomfortable until they stretch back. still, if it's "close" in the waist i would say go with what fits best in the legs.

Sorry I must confused peeps. I meant how much will the leg room stretch out on those raw slim fit/low straights.

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ohhh, my mistake. that is a good question. i actually have a brand new pair of jeans and an older pair, i will take measurements and see how much of a difference there is. 5-7% probably.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren
where are we having this contest? here is my start photo, reposted from WAYWT:
IMG_2177.jpg

how did you size on yours? did you go down one size or is that tts?

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by madmadigan
Can someone point me in the direction of where I can order those selvedge chino's? Are they avail for viewing/purchase online, or strictly phone order?

Anywhere I can see more pics of them?

Thanks!

here ...

Originally Posted by blklblk
Officer's Field Chino Rigid Selvedge - $220 [ 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 36 ]

IMG_0961.JPG
IMG_0962.JPG
IMG_0964.JPG
IMG_0965.JPG

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
DO IT ... and join contest
smile.gif

Would be my first contest to. I'll have to check sizing and see if Blake can get them in, though I'd really prefer to be breaking in jeans this spring/summer.

By the way, if your a size 34 it seems ebay favors you in these selvedge chinos: there's one on ebay now and another sold not long ago.

http://cgi.ebay.com/RALPH-LAUREN-RRL...item43a5850f08

But on this one and the one that sold, what's with the $340 retail price tag? Are these listed $340 in some places and $220 elsewhere?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads