The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

1. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Thumb Raider

how did you size on yours? did you go down one size or is that tts?

I am a 29 in pretty much everything. I purchased a 28 in these.

2. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

By the way, if your a size 34 it seems ebay favors you in these selvedge chinos: there's one on ebay now and another sold not long ago.

http://cgi.ebay.com/RALPH-LAUREN-RRL...item43a5850f08

But on this one and the one that sold, what's with the $340 retail price tag? Are these listed $340 in some places and $220 elsewhere?

thats the older season limited edition officer chino made a year or so ago. this years is not limited and is cheaper

3. Bona Drag

Bona Drag Senior member

got a couple pairs of slim boot that im considering throwing up on the bay/b&s; copped on ebay about a year and a half ago

its weird though, the buttons dont seem that sturdy - like they kind of rattle if the crotch is undone
    (i bought/returned a pair from the michigan ave rl in like 07 but cant remember if they were like this too)

is this normal? i am certain they are legit, but is there any chance theyre b stock or something?

anyone?

4. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Senior member

that'd be very helpful! thx in advance.
    lol i just now started to take the measurement and realized that one pair is a size smaller than the other. sorry guys.

5. tv2177

tv2177 Senior member

lol i just now started to take the measurement and realized that one pair is a size smaller than the other. sorry guys.

LOL. no big deal.

6. blklblk

blklblk Senior member

I just posted some details on the contest in our thread.. [​IMG] it's on!

7. tv2177

tv2177 Senior member

LOL. no big deal.

can u still provide measurement of the upper thigh from that older RRL pair of yours? it could be useful if you provided the tagged size and maybe somewhere on SF there is a measurement for that pair but in a new condition....just an idea....

8. james_timothy

james_timothy Senior member

I just posted some details on the contest in our thread.. [​IMG] it's on!

And it sounds really interesting- good luck!

9. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

By the way, if your a size 34 it seems ebay favors you in these selvedge chinos: there's one on ebay now and another sold not long ago. http://cgi.ebay.com/RALPH-LAUREN-RRL-MILITARY-SELVEDGE-CHINOS-PANTS-34-340-/290539769608?pt=US_CSA_MC_Pants&hash=item43a5850f08
    I asked for the measurements and this is what the seller responded with: [FONT=arial,sans-serif]waist = 34 inches, thigh is 11 1/4 inches, leg opening = 8 7/8 inches, front rise = 11 1/2 inches, rear rise = 16 inches Does the thigh measurement seem right? I need around a 12 inch thigh. Also, would these stretch out like a pair of jeans? [/FONT]

10. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Senior member

^ Thigh measurement sounds small to me, though it might be accurate for a couple inches below the crotch, since the leg always narrows a little as you do down. However, I highly doubt they are closer to 12". Maybe 11.75 max. They will not stretch like jeans. The waist will stretch some, depending on how tightly they fit, but the thighs will stretch very little. Some, but minimal.

11. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

waist seems off. they are bigger than tagged size. unless that only holds true for the smaller sizes. my 28 def fit like a 30!!!

12. whatever123

whatever123 Senior member

has anyone been able to find a rrl lookbook?

13. blake

blake Affiliate vendor

It obviously depends on your body, but for the most part, these seem to run about a size big.

14. whatever123

whatever123 Senior member

I asked for the measurements and this is what the seller responded with: [FONT=arial,sans-serif]waist = 34 inches, thigh is 11 1/4 inches, leg opening = 8 7/8 inches, front rise = 11 1/2 inches, rear rise = 16 inches Does the thigh measurement seem right? I need around a 12 inch thigh. Also, would these stretch out like a pair of jeans? [/FONT]
    they may have measured the thigh in a different area. i measure the upper-thigh straight across from the crotch seem but some people measure down a few inches on the leg. i would clarify how they measured the u-t.

15. gumercindo

gumercindo Senior member

Just bought a button down shirt from RRL and a pair of Low Rise straight fit raw jeans. Love them - my first pair of selvage - will post pics later.