• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tv2177
guess I missed it
confused.gif

u never know ... go visit the store or call them and see if they still have the sale stuff. i assume it was being ready to be distributed to outlets

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NAMOR
Damn, another contest? I am dowwwn
how do you "win" such a contest though?

went to Boston Barney's this afternoon and tried on the slim fit and low straight. I have to say that low straight have a better fit than slim fit, even tho slim fit was recently endorsed on March GQ.

I also noticed that all the slim fits in Barney's has no back pocket stiches. But the low straights still has those fancy stiches.

the slim fits should really be called "skinny fit" because that is what they are. for me, too slim, but they fit some people great. hey if the back pocket stitching bothers you, it's always possible to get a seam ripper (I have this one) and take it off. i do this with paper patches on jeans, and while it leaves some small holes they will close up after a wash.

tv2177

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wEstSidE

the slim fits should really be called "skinny fit" because that is what they are. for me, too slim, but they fit some people great. hey if the back pocket stitching bothers you, it's always possible to get a seam ripper (I have this one) and take it off. i do this with paper patches on jeans, and while it leaves some small holes they will close up after a wash.

ya i have a bigger thigh for ppl with a 34 waist. but again, that rigid 34x34 slim fit i tried on was skin tight and I have no idea how they will stretch.

I don't mind the stitching at all. i actually kinda like 'em.
devil.gif

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

well for contests in general you just have pics to show progression of age and wear. people/participants/sponsor votes on best looking one. for chinos it will be a bit harder since contrast fading will be more difficult than raw jeans but still should be intersting to see

if your looking for a pair of selvage officer chinos, blake is taking requests ... whether you want in or not in the contest

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i am interested, but i won't buy anything without trying it on. do you know if they have those joints at the georgetown RL store?

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
ya i have a bigger thigh for ppl with a 34 waist. but again, that rigid 34x34 slim fit i tried on was skin tight and I have no idea how they will stretch. I don't mind the stitching at all. i actually kinda like 'em.
devil.gif

I have a pair of the slim straights in the 33x34 and absolutely love the hell out of them. Love the slim fit through the leg. The lack of stitching on the back pocket and also the raw, "cardboard" like feel of the denim is another plus for me. I have a pair of the low straights but dislike the cheezy "cowboyesque" stitching on the back pocket. I can relate to the bigger thigh dilemma you are having. About 6 months ago I couldnt fit into anything without having the thighs bursting at the seems. It was getting rather annoying so I just stopped eating carbs... worked like a charm
smile.gif
i am interested, but i won't buy anything without trying it on. do you know if they have those joints at the georgetown RL store?
+1. I am going to give the SF store a ring to see if they have it. If they do, Ill check em out and report back here on fit.

tv2177

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NAMOR
I have a pair of the slim straights in the 33x34 and absolutely love the hell out of them. Love the slim fit through the leg. The lack of stitching on the back pocket and also the raw, "cardboard" like feel of the denim is another plus for me.

I have a pair of the low straights but dislike the cheezy "cowboyesque" stitching on the back pocket. I can relate to the bigger thigh dilemma you are having. About 6 months ago I couldnt fit into anything without having the thighs bursting at the seems. It was getting rather annoying so I just stopped eating carbs... worked like a charm
smile.gif

so did the slim fit eventually grow? i m just not sure how much bigger will it grow. if it'll grow for about a 1/2 to 1 inch then slim fit will be perfect for me too.

my thigh issue is just nonsolvable. since i am a pretty atheletic guy and constently workout my legs. I don't think they'll get any skinnier than they are now.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

not sure ... i think they do. they are prevalent at all of the stores. i'd shoot them a call and find out. i know for certain that they can order you a pair but that doesnt fix your problem of not being able to try on before you buy

bbhewee

Reaction score
I'm utterly confused by the recent batch of RRL's on eBay... There are a bunch of Low Straights available in single rinse, but the measurements different greatly from one seller to another. I just don't know who to trust.
I need a 38 for a true 40", which seems to be the case for some of them, but then the leg opening is 10" which seems huge to me. Or it's stated as a 38" and the leg opening is 9", but then the inseam is ridiculous...
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

hyakku

Reaction score
Left my pair of RRL glasses I just scooped in a dressing room by accident, feel like such an idiot -_-.

tv2177

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bbhewee
I'm utterly confused by the recent batch of RRL's on eBay... There are a bunch of Low Straights available in single rinse, but the measurements different greatly from one seller to another. I just don't know who to trust.
I need a 38 for a true 40", which seems to be the case for some of them, but then the leg opening is 10" which seems huge to me. Or it's stated as a 38" and the leg opening is 9", but then the inseam is ridiculous...
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/inde...tent&task=view

I give the seller the BiG measurement website and ask them to measure that way.

bbhewee

Reaction score
I may just try and do that... Cheers mate.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 107 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 108 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.4%

Forum statistics

Threads