• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

thebunk

Reaction score
Got my Black Brixton Alden Boots today and love them. They fit quite well with dress socks so this is a good sign (should be better with regular socks).

One thing though is the shoe trees I received are a pink color almost and have a smell to them. It is fairly strong which may be the wood or something else. Not sure. I am going to hold off on putting them in my boots but would ask if Mike or aother Alden\\shoetree experts can assist. Thanks a bunch.

Mike - Do you know if they were\\are like this usually? My other set are a plain wood color and have no pinkish color or smell to them at all.

Thanks,
Jamie

mbrokerny

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
Hey guys,

After long last, it's online! For sizing, Landon is a perfect Large in our shirts, and is wearing a Medium in this jacket. We've got 12 pieces available.

Read all about the details. This piece is really incredible - especially for the price.

Ben Sherman Modern Classics British Millerain Mountain Parka: $375

5472355191_4d821d9e97.jpg

5472946980_f1c43a2bb7.jpg

Ridiculously awesome.

Notreknip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just grabbed the Millerain as promised - the word "parka" sort of scares me as a Canadian. I want this to be a spring/fall jacket at the most and I trust it'll serve that duty well.

Now I can chuck my navy H&M jacket that I've been pretending to like for years.

Thanks Mike!

Edit: I'm tempted to get a pair of those apparently beloved-by-many flats for my girl. Am I crazy? I wonder what size she'd wear. PM me or hit me up via email Mike if you want; I likely could be swayed.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thebunk
Got my Black Brixton Alden Boots today and love them. They fit quite well with dress socks so this is a good sign (should be better with regular socks).

One thing though is the shoe trees I received are a pink color almost and have a smell to them. It is fairly strong which may be the wood or something else. Not sure. I am going to hold off on putting them in my boots but would ask if Mike or aother Alden\\shoetree experts can assist. Thanks a bunch.

Mike - Do you know if they were\\are like this usually? My other set are a plain wood color and have no pinkish color or smell to them at all.

Thanks,
Jamie

Hey Jamie

Really glad that you're pleased with the boots!

And yes, Alden shoe trees are genuine cedar, so they've got a pinkish cast and a strong cedar smell. They serve to absorb moisture and keep your shoes smelling good. Hence the odor!
smile.gif

thebunk

Reaction score
Hey Jamie

Really glad that you're pleased with the boots!

And yes, Alden shoe trees are genuine cedar, so they've got a pinkish cast and a strong cedar smell. They serve to absorb moisture and keep your shoes smelling good. Hence the odor!
smile.gif

Awesome, thanks Mike. Very happy with my purchase and your great service.

Have to say that I am interested in both the Gant and Ben Sherman jackets you posted. Arrrrrrrrrg!!! I need to stop spending!

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well I lied, I'm gonna be in on Saturday, walts here I come!

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just received my Epaulet shirt today. Put it on and threw all my non-Epaulet shirts in recycling.

dinted voice

Reaction score
Mike,

Just saw that the Gant Blue Popover is sold out in small! Any chance for a restock in those? I was thinking about that or a madras shirt. Thanks.

about11oclock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mike,

You're probably as good a person as anyone to ask about this (and better than most). Do you have any recommendations for Alden boot-like shoes for ladies? My lady friend sweats my indy boots, and I would like to find her something similar, or like, inspired by similar styles, etc. They don't necessarily have to be boots, and I'm sure that whatever I find for her will be wrong anyway, but I still want to give it a shot. Thanks!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scott.m
Well I lied, I'm gonna be in on Saturday, walts here I come!
'Cheah! See you then!
Originally Posted by Notreknip
Just grabbed the Millerain as promised - the word "parka" sort of scares me as a Canadian. I want this to be a spring/fall jacket at the most and I trust it'll serve that duty well. Now I can chuck my navy H&M jacket that I've been pretending to like for years. Thanks Mike! Edit: I'm tempted to get a pair of those apparently beloved-by-many flats for my girl. Am I crazy? I wonder what size she'd wear. PM me or hit me up via email Mike if you want; I likely could be swayed.
Thank you sir! You won't be disappointed - this parka is stunning in person. Great Spring and Fall piece. It's about the same weight as the standard Barbour, so it's very wearable. And no, nothing crazy about those flats. As I told randomkoreandude, those Melissa flats are the crack-cocaine of womens footwear. Once the weather warms up, they love it! Especially this style: http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/t...na-Flat/Detail
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7
Just received my Epaulet shirt today. Put it on and threw all my non-Epaulet shirts in recycling.
Haha, thanks!
Originally Posted by dinted voice
Mike, Just saw that the Gant Blue Popover is sold out in small! Any chance for a restock in those? I was thinking about that or a madras shirt. Thanks.
Man, I wish that we could - Gant is totally sold out for wholesale quantity that I can buy. That said, I'm sure that they have more - you could try calling their NYC store on Bleecker Street - I believe that they take phone orders.
Originally Posted by about11oclock
Mike, You're probably as good a person as anyone to ask about this (and better than most). Do you have any recommendations for Alden boot-like shoes for ladies? My lady friend sweats my indy boots, and I would like to find her something similar, or like, inspired by similar styles, etc. They don't necessarily have to be boots, and I'm sure that whatever I find for her will be wrong anyway, but I still want to give it a shot. Thanks!
Yes, Steven at Leffot told me that the Wolverine 1000 mile boots for ladies are VERY popular. They're pretty cool in person, and definitely give off the Alden vibe. But ladies prefer the plain and sleeker toe on them. I believe that Crane's Country Store (a forum affiliate) carries Wolverine - I'd drop him a PM and ask if he carries the women's product. Karl is really well versed in that brand.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SPK
^if my girl is in between sizes what should I go with?

The smaller size. They run a bit big, so if she is a 7 or a 7.5, we'd recommend a 7.

The beauty of these is that they're literally made of rubber, so they will stretch and mold to her feet.

SPK

Reaction score
The smaller size. They run a bit big, so if she is a 7 or a 7.5, we'd recommend a 7.

The beauty of these is that they're literally made of rubber, so they will stretch and mold to her feet.

Thanks Mike. Might stop by tomorrow after work if I have time.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Is there any chance of you guys making Tall sizes for some of your button ups? I would love to try one, but the sleeves are always too short for me.
frown.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads