• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

laughter95

Reaction score
Hello,

I never realized that your sportcoat has been online for the past 1.5 months. Can you suggest sizing for me? I fit XS in your Epaulet shirts. I'm normally a 36S in Hugo Boss and 38S in Theory (non-sf approved, yes, I know). The sleeves on your XS shirts are usually a little bit long for me by an inch, 1.5 inches.

Recommendations?

laughter95

Reaction score
Also, will you ever get another Italian Olive Tweed pant? When do you think will be the next release of pants?

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
new shirts hitting the site today, I wonder?

I want to see how fast those tartan mash-ups go. Separatin’ the men from the boys! I'm fairly certain I'm going to do it, but I want one that has limited amounts of yellow. Too much yellow is kind of a deal breaker (I look like 'ish in the color yellow, even if mixed in with a pattern). But not sure if making that request is reasonable for their backroom and S&H team....to dig through my size (which I'm sure there aren't a ton of) and look for one with the "least amount of yellow"..

I unfortunately had to send back a pair of moleskin trousers as I totally underestimated their [hefty] weight and thicker than expected fabric (I know, I know...hence the "moleskin"). I have a pretty damn small waist but the size 28's were just too snug (I'm aware they can be let out 1.5"). I believe it was the thickness of the moleskin fabric that caused further restriction in the waist. A thinner pant (say an 8oz pima cotton) size 28 I would Imagine would fit much nicer. (for reference in other make sizes: nudies washed/labs: 27", APC raw 26", W+H pants 28" tailored down to smaller normally, Dockers 28", J.Crew 28").

But the pants themselves, as everyone knows and is stated constantly, are truly outstanding. Really beautiful to the look and feel. Headed into Spring I opted out of the thicker material and picked up a pair of rivets in lieu (British Khaki). Also got a 29 to be on the safe side being per my understanding the rivets cannot be let out.

Also eyeing the Ashland tartan but the pattern I like is somewhat similar to a shirt I own (and am coincidentally wearing today – pictured -- so....decisions, decisions..
smile.gif
)

02ef6f8e.jpg

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also I have to say that from my experience so far Epaulet has been incredibly helpful in every way. When I called last night to look into the Walt's that I wanted if they were at the manhattan store the woman I was on the phone with didn't even offer, she insisted on bringing them from brooklyn to manhattan for me. I'm so happy with my experiences so far and certainly cannot give the quality of service and goods a bigger thumbs up.

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got my Epaulet chinos in the mail today.

I put them on.

My girl saw me.

I got laid.

True story.

Thanks Mike.

drbaw

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JMRouse
Is there any chance of you guys making Tall sizes for some of your button ups? I would love to try one, but the sleeves are always too short for me.
frown.gif

+1

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by slack tide
I unfortunately had to send back a pair of moleskin trousers as I totally underestimated their [hefty] weight and thicker than expected fabric (I know, I know...hence the "moleskin"). I have a pretty damn small waist but the size 28's were just too snug (I'm aware they can be let out 1.5"). I believe it was the thickness of the moleskin fabric that caused further restriction in the waist. A thinner pant (say an 8oz pima cotton) size 28 I would Imagine would fit much nicer. (for reference in other make sizes: nudies washed/labs: 27", APC raw 26", W+H pants 28" tailored down to smaller normally, Dockers 28", J.Crew 28").

But the pants themselves, as everyone knows and is stated constantly, are truly outstanding. Really beautiful to the look and feel. Headed into Spring I opted out of the thicker material and picked up a pair of rivets in lieu (British Khaki). Also got a 29 to be on the safe side being per my understanding the rivets cannot be let out.

yeah im a 26 apc ns and take a 29 in rivets and a 30 in the trousers. i tried 29 in trousers and waist fits fine but maybe i just have a large badonkadonk and it made my arse look like it was bulging out so went to 30. plus the trousers are more for work with a shirt tuck and its thicker material. im like right inbetween a 28/29 true waist size depending on how much i ate that day
blush.gif

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dmash1080
I got my Epaulet chinos in the mail today.

I put them on.

My girl saw me.

I got laid.

True story.

Thanks Mike.

Funny how my story differs a little:

Bought new EP chinos.
Put them on.
My wife saw them.
My wife said "are they new?"
I said Yes, proudly made in the USA!
She said "you spent more F^*&$n money on clothes?"
I said
eh.gif

She said
ffffuuuu.gif

I said I like them so much I'm buying more.
And I haven't gotten laid since.
But I love these F$%&n chinos.
End of story.

Thanks Mike!

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Lot of conflicting accounts about the chinos. Will they get me laid or not?

dinted voice

Reaction score
Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren
see above for explanation

Exactly...this coming from a married man as well.

Just wanted to thank Mike for his great customer service today. I called in with a question about some shirts and he was more than helpful and extemely nice. Looking forward to supporting Epaulet for as long as I can (in order words until my wife cuts me off!)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads