• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew Spring/Summer 2011 Discussion

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also looking for a kind soul who has a 20% off coupon that they are not using....

Karma is a boomerang...

Thanks in advance.

flytothesky

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sazon
Also looking for a kind soul who has a 20% off coupon that they are not using....

Karma is a boomerang...

Thanks in advance.

yes good karma.... i need one as well

phaseshift

Reaction score
well the majority of my spring shopping is done...

4 Light Weight shirts
2 Club shorts
2 Sun-faded Stanton pants
1 sweater

....going to return the sweater though, it makes me look fat. I could never make sweaters work for me. The club short is nice, its got a tapered leg so it doesn't look loose or too tight so I copped two of those.

Waiting for my darn suede bucks to arrive now!

jhe0417

Reaction score
J. Crew shipping has always been terrible and overpriced. It's too bad they can get away with it.
facepalm.gif

raptorrapture

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jhe0417
J. Crew shipping has always been terrible and overpriced. It's too bad they can get away with it.
facepalm.gif

Yeah seriously... while other retailers have introduced flat rate shipping, J. Crew insists on charging exorbitant amounts for shipping.

In a way, it's a good thing I guess. Because if shipping were free, I wouldn't hesitate to buy items. But because there's a charge, I think to myself "I'll just pick it up when I'm in the store." And then I never end up going to the store and forgetting about it. Saves me money!

imposter2012

Reaction score
Dropped by my local store today and picked up the new crestline (avocado colored) madras shirt. Fits surprisingly well, at least for a J. Crew shirt. Sleeves and length aren't too bad and it's relatively fitted - not blousey for once! I'm pleased with their cuts this year. Can't say the same for a couple from last spring and their 2010 winter collection -_-. Actually, it's odd because their current lightweight shirts aren't cut like this either.

I may have to pick up the other madras ones (the blue one) too just because they fit so well.

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked up the St James long sleeve shirt via on-line to satisfy my curiosity.

Wow, I've never thought an item looked so cool on a model and then looked so wrong on me.
I could never pull this one off. Dont even know the words to describe what I looked like.

Just plain wrong.

I guess its a French thing.

imposter2012

Reaction score

Wow, I've never thought an item looked so cool on a model and then looked so wrong on me.
I could never pull this one off. Dont even know the words to describe what I looked like.

Just plain wrong.

I tried that thing on too and it's horrible. It's odd because I was between sizes, but either way it still looked boxy.

Definitely not worth it.

zach9

Reaction score
does anyone have the broken in urban slim fit chino? Do they run true to size?

JoeRogan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zach9
does anyone have the broken in urban slim fit chino? Do they run true to size?

I find I have to size up one for them to fit properly, but I also have really thick legs. Normally I'm a 34/32 and a 35/32 fits perfectly

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

trunks206

Reaction score

Just plain wrong.

I had the exact same issue. It looked so good on the mannequin but looked like **** when I tried it on....plus its super expensive.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
STACY411