J Crew Spring/Summer 2011 Discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by raptorrapture, Jan 22, 2011.

1. phaseshift

phaseshift Senior member

I'm gonna wait. It's cold right now where I am, so no point getting all this Spring stuff. Plus, I figure most of this stuff will go on sale in about a month.

hmm true maybe I'll just get a couple of shirts...hold off on the shorts...get some pants...sweaters...wait thats my whole list..[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. raptorrapture

raptorrapture Senior member

By the way - and this isn't really a season question - has anyone bought a J. Crew suit?

How do they fit? Specifically I'm interested in the Ludlow (slim) fitting worsted wool/sharkskin suit. I'm an XS in their outerwear and I don't think the 36 will fit me properly. Wish they had a 34 or a 35.

3. phaseshift

phaseshift Senior member

anyone ever buy the Laundress New York Shirt wash? is it recommended?

anywho how long does it take them to get my stuff shipped out, ordered through the red phone yesterday in the AM and still haven't gotten my shipping confirmation

4. phaseshift

phaseshift Senior member

just copped another pair of stanton pants and peri shirt...oh and loafer socks...someone take my card away from me!

5. raptorrapture

anywho how long does it take them to get my stuff shipped out, ordered through the red phone yesterday in the AM and still haven't gotten my shipping confirmation

They'll probably send it by the end of today or tomorrow. At least that's how it works when you order online.

6. raptorrapture

[​IMG] Man, J. Crew has some balls. Selling us Dickies pants for $200. I don't care if it's made with military-grade twill or whatever, it's freakin Dickies.

7. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Any sales going on instores?

8. phaseshift

phaseshift Senior member

[​IMG]

Man, J. Crew has some balls. Selling us Dickies pants for $200. I don't care if it's made with military-grade twill or whatever, it's freakin Dickies.

where is that at? I have yet to find 200 dollar pants lol...

9. phaseshift

phaseshift Senior member

Any sales going on instores?

nope, I was just there today. My personal shopper should be calling me whenever they have in store sales so I'll post here when she does.

they sent it out today in the morning, got the tracking number. I can't wait, I WANT THEM MEOW!

10. 13k

13k Senior member

By the way - and this isn't really a season question - has anyone bought a J. Crew suit?

How do they fit? Specifically I'm interested in the Ludlow (slim) fitting worsted wool/sharkskin suit. I'm an XS in their outerwear and I don't think the 36 will fit me properly. Wish they had a 34 or a 35.

I was suit shopping and thought J.Crew would have been a viable option for me, but I didn't like the fits. The armholes are droopy on me (38R) and would need a lot of work to fit right. I went with a TaT suit instead (still being made). They're about the same in terms of pricepoint without J.Crew coupon code, but one is MTM & fully canvased vs. well... J.Crew.

I've had bad experiences with J.Crew shipping. Not only can you NOT stack discount codes and free ship codes but they are semi-slow. The first order I placed with them they sent me someone elses stuff. They required me to send out their mistaken order before they would process my order again. Pretty much took a month for me to get my stuff when all said and done.

11. phaseshift

phaseshift Senior member

I've had bad experiences with J.Crew shipping. Not only can you NOT stack discount codes and free ship codes but they are semi-slow. The first order I placed with them they sent me someone elses stuff. They required me to send out their mistaken order before they would process my order again. Pretty much took a month for me to get my stuff when all said and done.

I'm sorry to hear that, that's why I like shopping in store better than online. Hopefully they get my order right haha.

12. raptorrapture

where is that at? I have yet to find 200 dollar pants lol...
    http://www.jcrew.com/mens_feature/Ne...6028/46028.jsp
    If it was really "authentic," it should cost a few dollars, which is probably what it cost back in 1931...

13. phaseshift

phaseshift Senior member

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_feature/Ne...6028/46028.jsp

If it was really "authentic," it should cost a few dollars, which is probably what it cost back in 1931...

oh lol at least they say dickies I was under the impression that they were dickies re branded...if that even makes a difference [​IMG]

14. Guus

Guus Senior member

Wouldn't surprise me to find the same pants on sale at Bob's.

15. phaseshift

phaseshift Senior member

[​IMG]

pant cuffs, what do you guys think too high too low no cuffs?