1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

J Crew Spring/Summer 2011 Discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by raptorrapture, Jan 22, 2011.

1. BoboMax

BoboMax Senior member

Finally decided to pickup the red chambray, so much debating, lol.

how does the red chambray fit? like the rest of their button up shirts? i wish they had these in slim sizes

2. BoboMax

BoboMax Senior member

J. Crew shipping has always been terrible and overpriced. It's too bad they can get away with it. [​IMG]

can't you just order over $100 worth of stuff to get free shipping and then return some back to the store?

3. 5tan

5tan Senior member

how does the red chambray fit? like the rest of their button up shirts? i wish they had these in slim sizes

Gotta wait a bit, ordered it online.

4. jhe0417

jhe0417 Senior member

5. aphextwin07

aphextwin07 Senior member

Quoddy penny loafers. These are interesting.

[​IMG]

the sole looks out of place on this

6. david3558

david3558 Senior member

Shoulda kept my 20% until this morning, could've ordered these suckers too..

7. aphextwin07

aphextwin07 Senior member

Banana Republic loafer socks.

these suck, they're just as visible as all the rest... avoid.

8. dsoren

dsoren Senior member

No, it's baggy as hell. Even baggier than regular J. Crew button downs, which I didn't know was possible...

9. raptorrapture

raptorrapture Senior member

can't you just order over $100 worth of stuff to get free shipping and then return some back to the store?
    Yeah, but why?

Isn't the whole point of ordering online so that I don't have to make a trip to the store?

Why can't they just offer affordable flat-rate shipping like so many other online clothing retailers?

10. WildPegasus

WildPegasus Member

Hey everyone, just thought you should know that the 20% off (unique code) given in the catalogs works on everything, including Aldens. Jump on board now! It won't work with a free shipping code but I got a $605 boot for $484.

What page is the code on in the catalog?

11. slide13

slide13 Senior member

No, it's baggy as hell. Even baggier than regular J. Crew button downs, which I didn't know was possible...

It's been discussed before but my experience is the exact opposite. I have the red chambray, the blue chambray, a secret was shirt, and the indigo stripe utility shirt...all in medium. The red chambray is a noticeably slimmer/shorter fit whereas the others are basically the same. Now, I have washed/dried my red chambray and it definitely shrank, so maybe that is is why. The secret wash has been washed/dried as well and didn't really shrink at all so perhaps the linen content just makes the red shrink more. I love the fit of my red chambray...the others are a little big.

12. pneumo

pneumo Active Member

What page is the code on in the catalog?

In the catalog I got, it was on a little card insert that you tear out...like the stuff in magazines.

13. TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES Senior member

Anyone got a code? I'd like to purchase a belstaff.

Thanks

14. BoboMax

BoboMax Senior member

Yeah, but why?

Isn't the whole point of ordering online so that I don't have to make a trip to the store?

Why can't they just offer affordable flat-rate shipping like so many other online clothing retailers?

the point is because a lot of these deals or permit of coupon usage is online only. therefore, just order online > $100 to use ur coupon and then return some crap

15. raptorrapture

the point is because a lot of these deals or permit of coupon usage is online only. therefore, just order online > $100 to use ur coupon and then return some crap

Not true. I have had the store price-match any of the prices online or offer the same exact deal. You just have to ask, and they look it up and give you the deal in the store.

Same with coupon usage.

16. JoeRogan

JoeRogan Senior member

^you have to catch the right person to do that, I've tried at a couple J. Crew stores near me and only one of them has done that, and only one person there has done it for me.

17. raptorrapture

^you have to catch the right person to do that, I've tried at a couple J. Crew stores near me and only one of them has done that, and only one person there has done it for me.

Maybe my store has nicer clerks then. I've asked different people every time and they've all been accomodating.

Just out of curiosity, when they refuse, what do they tell you? The "brick& mortar store and online are different entities" excuse? I hate when companies use that excuse, it's really stupid.

18. JoeRogan

JoeRogan Senior member

It's the "I'm sorry that coupon is online only" thing, just happened recently when they had the 30% off final sale that was online only. Normally the price matching part doesn't matter because almost all the stuff that goes on regular/final sale is significantly cheaper in the store anyway.

19. esswhykay

esswhykay Senior member

My code has been given away. For those who sent in the yucks, thanks for playing.

20. Jpreme87

Jpreme87 Senior member