• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yuketen Footwear

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whatever123
hey randomkoreandude, can you take a close-up of the leather on your tab cr's? i wonder if its the same leather oak street used on their pebble leather shoes they did late last year.

wait what do youw want me to take close pics of? ill do it tonight or tomorrow morning

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
wait what do youw want me to take close pics of? ill do it tonight or tomorrow morning

if you have time i just want to see a close up of the leather.

Seafinch

Reaction score
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
Yuketen-RangerMoc-2.JPG

own this pair from last year ... one of my favs and super comfy. nice to see them back!

I've got a pair of these for sale that are a tad too big for me...

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...91#post4087891

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hey whatever is this what you wanted?

5414357671_6745b73a63_z.jpg
5414357883_754b4cf071_z.jpg

and just for comparison these are my year old burgundy quoddys sole to sole w/ the rangers. they fit identically and are both size 9. i went TTS. i wear 42 in CPs low achilles & low tournys.

5414970670_290cfb7e2d_z.jpg

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Barney's Costa Mesa has a full size run of the Maine Guide Shoe (Not Boot) in Oxblood, what I think is the peanut suede Angler Moc with a red brick camp sole, and Camp Moc which can be seen on their website.

All are D width and they have 1/2 sizes. I tried on the Maine Guide Shoe in my true size, 9. I had some heel slip with it, but it ran narrow enough through the toe box that I'd recommend true to size. I've come to the conclusion that this style is best to be worn with socks. It is a pretty heavy shoe which is why I think I have the problem with heel slip, because it is just a modified version of the boot which was always meant for use with socks.

Anyway, didn't buy any. They looked good but I have enough similar pairs of shoes at the moment.

This is their NEW shipment. Nothing on sale except for a couple sport chukkas in peanut suede with crepe sole, size 11 and 12.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MSSneaker
Barney's Costa Mesa has a full size run of the Maine Guide Shoe (Not Boot) in Oxblood, what I think is the peanut suede Angler Moc with a red brick camp sole, and Camp Moc which can be seen on their website.

All are D width and they have 1/2 sizes. I tried on the Maine Guide Shoe in my true size, 9. I had some heel slip with it, but it ran narrow enough through the toe box that I'd recommend true to size. I've come to the conclusion that this style is best to be worn with socks. It is a pretty heavy shoe which is why I think I have the problem with heel slip, because it is just a modified version of the boot which was always meant for use with socks.

Anyway, didn't buy any. They looked good but I have enough similar pairs of shoes at the moment.

This is their NEW shipment. Nothing on sale except for a couple sport chukkas in peanut suede with crepe sole, size 11 and 12.

i have no idea how people can wear the D width. they are so narrow.

URALLMORONS

Reaction score
tumblr_lg5tio3nkF1qg3hfe.jpg

Needs a resole

Got these in 9.5. Little snug with thick socks but im sure with some shoe trees and a proper wearing they will loosen up. Now for the questions.

Has anyone every had Yuketens resoled by Yuketen themselves? If so how much and lastly how do these size compared to Oakstreets?

Here is a funny little story.

Got these on Saturday. They are a little roughed up so I took them to the local cobbler to see if they could even resole them or had access or stock of the Vibram Christy sole. I call. Hispanic gentleman answers. Tells me the time they are open till. I head over. Met at the counter by a older Japanese man. I ask if he can do it. he looks at the boots, smiles and says yes. I stupidly ask if he could not glue the sole on as I hard people do very often. He mumbles "goodyear welt." I then figure he is familiar. He smiles. points down at his feet and what do I find. He is wearing a pair of what looked like to be some Old Schools. I chuckle. He then says these could use a polish and a water repellent as well and possibly redye some of the worn away spots and clean the tongues from the dye bleed that came off the shoe laces.

I say sure. He comes back with the soles in hand and tells me 60 bucks.

I was a little uneasy about taking them to just anyone. Now I feel I am in good hands and for a price that I heard is more then fair.

URALLMORONS

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ry'on
The 'Yuketen' samples on eBay are made in one of their older factories, and are 2nds. They were never meant to be sold and it is not Yuketen that is selling them. They are not Yuketens, like the samples Yuketen doesn't show or make are not Yuketens. They are not good enough for Yuketen, and there are production flaws and errors on many of them.

The newer model for NC is not really developed just for Nigel, as there is similar styles in the collection, but Nigel has made some tweaks, just like Inventory did with the Maine Guide Shoe.

I personally would not buy those factory seconds on ebay. They are not near the product that Yuketen sells to their wholesale accounts, so don't buy them and think you're getting a finished Yuketen product.

Finally... retailers are not 'jacking' up the prices. Yuketen is using better and better leathers, hardware, crepe, and other materials every season - combined with the fact that the price of all of these materials has gone up in the last few years. The shoes just cost that much to make, nobody is sitting back launghing it up in a bathtube filled with money because of selling or making Yuketen.

True. Cept Ryan/Inventory......
smile.gif
Just messin Ry.

URALLMORONS

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whatever123
oh my god! is someone stocking those? i always thought you had to order them directly from yuketen and they were priced between 1-1.2K. the reason i never mentioned them is they are so far outta my league ... **** they are stunning though. i guess the cordovan from horween is really hard to come by. i guess there is a list you have to be on to get it. i think epaulet was able to get the cordovan lg loafer and they are amazing. they still have some sizes left.
***IN NO WAY AM I OFFERING THE BOOTS. I AM SPEAKING IN REFERENCE TO THE MATERIAL AND IT'S COST*** Not true. I can go get you some if you want?
smile.gif

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by URALLMORONS
***IN NO WAY AM I OFFERING THE BOOTS. I AM SPEAKING IN REFERENCE TO THE MATERIAL AND IT'S COST*** Not true. I can go get you some if you want?
smile.gif

last time i talked to yuketen about the pricing that is what they quoted me for the pair. cordovan leather cost a lot more than the typical cxl leather they might use ... in some cases the cordovan supply is limited from horween based on what they produce and what not. if your offering to sell me some cordovan ... no thanks. i have no problem buying from retailers ... but thanks i guess? you might be able to get them re-soled by yuketen. about two weeks ago when i talked to them about re-soling they said they will do it in certain cases and that they are currently looking for someone they can refer to in the future. i dont know if they have found anyone as of yet. but in some cases they will re-sole. you might want to e-mail them to find out. in terms of costing i have no idea what it costs from yuketen or oak street. i have only had a pair of my quoddy's re-sole and it was under $40 including shipping.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads