Yuketen Footwear

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Nataku, Jul 4, 2008.

1. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

is price for real 1g on lg shell? [​IMG]

2. whatever123

whatever123 Senior member

is price for real 1g on lg shell? [​IMG]

i dont know if those loafers that guy bought are indeed fakes but dont they look weird? look at the stitching and then look at the stitching on the yuketens you have. even the leather has a strange look to it. maybe im the only one that thinks they look weird? hopefully he bought them from a authorized retailer and they just took bad pics. hopefully im wrong.

anyway, epaulet's price is very fair for the cordovan loafers they have. its very expensive but with proper care will last forever so it depends on how you view it.

3. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

yeah not sure about those loafers. the inner label looks legit though ... im no expert on stitching

i would def wear the maine guide boots in LG more than the loafers so if i do drop the dough it will be for boots. saving pennies [​IMG]

4. whatever123

yeah not sure about those loafers. the inner label looks legit though ... im no expert on stitching

i would def wear the maine guide boots in LG more than the loafers so if i do drop the dough it will be for boots. saving pennies [​IMG]

totally, the loafer-strap was glued, or appears to be glued. ive never seen a pair of yuketens that havent been stitched in that area ... that is sort of the point.

yes, ive saving my pennies too. i want a cordovan pair so bad.

5. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

6. BBC

BBC Senior member

Hey guys, I bought them on eBay from a reputable seller (10,000+ transactions with 99.9% positive rating). If they do turn out to be fakes at least I can get my money back - I paid $97 shipped. The stitching on the vamp is slightly different than the pair on the Yuketen website - I was just hoping they were a slightly earlier model. I guess I'll have to wait and see when I receive them.

Here's a pic of the soles, which look the same as other Yuketen shell loafers I've seen in pictures
    [​IMG]

7. whatever123

the soles look legit. the uppers look weird (the stamp on the left pair is off-center). maybe they were an earlier production or maybe a sample like the boots that showed up. but ive never seen that particular style. the stitching yuketen uses is very identifiable, and the upper on yours dont look right. but maybe im wrong or maybe it was a sample/2nd that never got produced. sorry shoreman1782 i will stop questioning those shoes that appear to be 2nds or samples.

8. mpcec

mpcec Senior member

One of the laces on my MGB's broke the other day...

9. BBC

BBC Senior member

the soles look legit. the uppers look weird (the stamp on the left pair is off-center). maybe they were an earlier production or maybe a sample like the boots that showed up. but ive never seen that particular style. the stitching yuketen uses is very identifiable, and the upper on yours dont look right. but maybe im wrong or maybe it was a sample/2nd that never got produced.

sorry shoreman1782 i will stop questioning those shoes that appear to be 2nds or samples.

Thanks for your input. They do indeed look like samples or something. I'll e-mail Yuketen and see what they have to say.

10. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

the soles look legit. the uppers look weird (the stamp on the left pair is off-center). maybe they were an earlier production or maybe a sample like the boots that showed up. but ive never seen that particular style. the stitching yuketen uses is very identifiable, and the upper on yours dont look right. but maybe im wrong or maybe it was a sample/2nd that never got produced.

sorry shoreman1782 i will stop questioning shoes that appear to be 2nds or samples.

It's good to have a bunch of voices commenting and I appreciate your knowledge, but your tone often comes off as authoritative when, no offense, you're just another voice essentially offering an educated guess.

Also, fwiw, I like Yuketen and the other Meg Co. brands A LOT, but I also encourage everyone to be "educated consumers" and not take everything at face value. There's still no evidence that there are fake Yuketens out there, just 2nds and samples. Frankly, I barely care if a piece is 100% authorized, with the express written consent of Major League Baseball, etc.

11. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

Any info on what styles they will carry, and when the first shipment of Yuketen to Context will arrive?

12. whatever123

Any info on what styles they will carry, and when the first shipment of Yuketen to Context will arrive?

e-mail them for a list of styles.

13. kixslf

kixslf Senior member

Kix, what is your shop name ?

I work for Cascadian Fabrications Inc. Both Tanner Goods and the Woodlands Supply Co. are owned and operated by myself and my cohorts at C.F.Inc.

Woodlands Supply Co : hhtp://woodlandsshop.com

in lg? if not, what other colors?

Are you referring to the Loden Green Chromxcel pair behind the green pair? I ordered the pair in front and a Field Tan and Brown Maine Guide Chukka for FW 11.

For Spring, we are stocking the Two-Tone Camp Mocc.

It's good to have a bunch of voices commenting and I appreciate your knowledge, but your tone often comes off as authoritative when, no offense, you're just another voice essentially offering an educated guess.

Also, fwiw, I like Yuketen and the other Meg Co. brands A LOT, but I also encourage everyone to be "educated consumers" and not take everything at face value. There's still no evidence that there are fake Yuketens out there, just 2nds and samples. Frankly, I barely care if a piece is 100% authorized, with the express written consent of Major League Baseball, etc.

Truth. Knowledgeable consumers ftw

14. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

I work for Cascadian Fabrications Inc. Both Tanner Goods and the Woodlands Supply Co. are owned and operated by myself and my cohorts at C.F.Inc. Woodlands Supply Co : hhtp://woodlandsshop.com Are you referring to the Loden Green Chromxcel pair behind the green pair? I ordered the pair in front and a Field Tan and Brown Maine Guide Chukka for FW 11.
    Maine Guide Chukka? Is this a typo?

15. whatever123

okay cool kixslf. any idea when you will be getting them in? two weeks like everyone else? have you set pricing yet? and what exactly will you be getting in 8.5 or 9. are you taking pre-orders? shit, i ask a lot of questions. cool shop btw. i found a new retailer for wigwam! [​IMG]