Yuketen Footwear

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Nataku, Jul 4, 2008.

1. URALLMORONS

URALLMORONS Senior member

last time i talked to yuketen about the pricing that is what they quoted me for the pair. cordovan leather cost a lot more than the typical cxl leather they might use ... in some cases the cordovan supply is limited from horween based on what they produce and what not. if your offering to sell me some cordovan ... no thanks. i have no problem buying from retailers ... but thanks i guess?

you might be able to get them re-soled by yuketen. about two weeks ago when i talked to them about re-soling they said they will do it in certain cases and that they are currently looking for someone they can refer to in the future. i dont know if they have found anyone as of yet. but in some cases they will re-sole. you might want to e-mail them to find out. in terms of costing i have no idea what it costs from yuketen or oak street. i have only had a pair of my quoddy's re-sole and it was under $40 including shipping.

***OVERHEAD***

2. whatever123

whatever123 Senior member

The 'Yuketen' samples on eBay are made in one of their older factories, and are 2nds. They were never meant to be sold and it is not Yuketen that is selling them. They are not Yuketens, like the samples Yuketen doesn't show or make are not Yuketens. They are not good enough for Yuketen, and there are production flaws and errors on many of them. The newer model for NC is not really developed just for Nigel, as there is similar styles in the collection, but Nigel has made some tweaks, just like Inventory did with the Maine Guide Shoe. I personally would not buy those factory seconds on ebay. They are not near the product that Yuketen sells to their wholesale accounts, so don't buy them and think you're getting a finished Yuketen product. Finally... retailers are not 'jacking' up the prices. Yuketen is using better and better leathers, hardware, crepe, and other materials every season - combined with the fact that the price of all of these materials has gone up in the last few years. The shoes just cost that much to make, nobody is sitting back launghing it up in a bathtube filled with money because of selling or making Yuketen.
    thanks for the clarification on the ebay "boots." it just to show people need to buy from authorized retailers. yes, these shoes cost a lot of money but they are worth it. outside of year-end sales and the like you will not find these on the cheap. and thats that. i think a lot of people (myself included) have issues with the inconsistent yuketen pricing ... its all over the map. guys like revolver in sf clearly have the best pricing and that is what yuketens should be priced at, at least in my opinion and considering the excellent alternatives offered by oak street bootmakers and quoddy. now, i do understand that it cost a fortune to ship and there are issues with the exchange rates, which will obviously increase the retail price but in some cases the very same shoe might very by as much as $100 from retailer to retailer. it is these types of pricing discrepancies that upset me.

3. whatever123

***OVERHEAD***
    yeah man i dont know what your talking about. overhead ... okay? can you be more specific? im not very smart ... [​IMG]

4. whatever123

[​IMG]
    hey man, are those quoddys in maroon? they have a different color then my brwn ones.

5. URALLMORONS

URALLMORONS Senior member

yeah man i dont know what your talking about. overhead ... okay? can you be more specific? im not very smart ... [​IMG]
    ha. Good stuff. Waiting for your response to my last PM.

6. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

hey man, are those quoddys in maroon? they have a different color then my brwn ones.

they were ordered direct from quoddy. its burgundy

7. whatever123

ha. Good stuff. Waiting for your response to my last PM.

URALLMORONS: please dont pm me. thanks.

randomkoreandude: thanks, they look great.

8. whatever123

if any of you people know who is stocking the smaller maine guide in lg let me know. [​IMG]

9. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

if any of you people know who is stocking the smaller maine guide in lg let me know.

[​IMG]

If anyone knows of a stockist besides Inventory that will have the country loafer please let me know. Looking for an 8.5

10. kixslf

kixslf Senior member

if any of you people know who is stocking the smaller maine guide in lg let me know.

[​IMG]

I'll be stocking the green 5-hole later this year.

11. BBC

BBC Senior member

I took a flyer on these Yuketen loafers from eBay yesterday (FD = floor display). They were listed as navy shell cordovan. While I await their arrival, has anyone seen these or similar in person and can confirm they're shell cordovan? I was also unsure of the fit of Yuketen loafers - several comments in this thread say many Yuketen shoes fit 1/2 size large - true with the loafers?

[​IMG]

12. Mbrand

Mbrand Well-Known Member

Kix, what is your shop name ?

13. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

I took a flyer on these Yuketen loafers from eBay yesterday (FD = floor display). They were listed as navy shell cordovan. While I await their arrival, has anyone seen these or similar in person and can confirm they're shell cordovan? I was also unsure of the fit of Yuketen loafers - several comments in this thread say many Yuketen shoes fit 1/2 size large - true with the loafers?

[​IMG]

Yuketen has made navy shell loafers before, and I have not seen navy leather loafers from them, so it's a reasonable bet they're shell. Hard to tell from pic. In my experience Yuketen sizing is not consistent across models so it's hard to predict how they'll fit. Nice buy, hope they work!

Kix, what is your shop name ?

I think kix works at Woodlands.

14. whatever123

I took a flyer on these Yuketen loafers from eBay yesterday (FD = floor display). They were listed as navy shell cordovan. While I await their arrival, has anyone seen these or similar in person and can confirm they're shell cordovan? I was also unsure of the fit of Yuketen loafers - several comments in this thread say many Yuketen shoes fit 1/2 size large - true with the loafers? [​IMG]
    um, these are some of the loafers yuketen has made. ive never seen that exact style you have. http://www.yuketen.com/products_trad_fw2010.html http://www.yuketen.com/products_trad_sp2010.html and these are what the cordovan loafers look like: http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/t...n-Penny/Detail im not sure what you have, like i mentioned i havent seen the model you have in any of their production lists or look books. when you get them you will have to tell us what styles you have ... it will clearly specify what you have on the box. but those do not look like cordovan and the inside/outside stitching does not look like something yuketen would produce. what was the name of the retailer you bought them from?

15. whatever123

in lg? if not, what other colors?